• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Girl-Gaf - A thread for girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see why this topic just has to be discussion of topics that are of interest of girls. That's sort of banal. It doesn't just have to be "girl talk. Can't it just be girls talking? That sort of makes it a bit less of a zoo for boy-gaf to come in and leer at, all red faced and sweaty palmed.

Anyone else on girlgaf reading A Song of Ice and Fire? :3

_Isaac

Ducky_McGee said:
I don't see why this topic just has to be discussion of topics that are of interest of girls. That's sort of banal. It doesn't just have to be "girl talk. Can't it just be girls talking? That sort of makes it a bit less of a zoo for boy-gaf to come in and leer at, all red faced and sweaty palmed.

Well if girls are talking then it's usually because they're talking about something that's interesting to them no?

Jin34

Devolution said:
Yes it's terrible. And Edward is a creep. Yeah girls I went there.

Edward fan girls and Twilight fandom in general created the first ever man-repellent form of fiction. Until Twilight I didn't think that was possible.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
shanshan310 said:
I honestly don't think "realistic body proportions" come into what makes a good female lead. She doesn't have to be a nun. Sexy can be good.
Well I should clarify on that, when I say "realistic body proportions" I mean when they expect people to believe a woman with double D's is a secret agent or something. Or for example how Tifa from FFVII is a female martial artist and how she is incredibly strong, yet she happens to have no muscle definition but a large bosom. Sexy isn't bad it's when sexy takes precedence over who the character is I think is the issue.

For the record I find Twilight insufferable. >.> Taylor Lautner does indeed have a very nice body and that almost makes the series tempting to watch. Except I think he may actually be an alpaca masquerading as a human being. I believe there may even be a photo floating around on the internet that supports this theory.

Also it's hard to fantasize about being with a guy who you just KNOW would rather be smoking a pole. Not that there's anything wrong with that. What's this new movie coming out where he's supposed to be some badass. Abduction? I never thought I'd say this but give me Shia Labouf instead.

Come at me sis.

_Isaac said:
Well if girls are talking then it's usually because they're talking about something that's interesting to them no?

This is more in response to the mod replies. "This topic is only for topics girls like to talk about." Inferring the topic is only supposed to be about hair, makeup, gossip, boys, Twilight, etc.

I dunno. I kinda just want to chill, not really make a spectacle of mine and our girldom unless it comes up in casual conversation. The discussions will go where they go, that's cool. I'm just saying we shouldn't be mandated to adhere to banality.

Kisaya

Enough about Twilight, I just finished watching the end of Tiger & Bunny. So excited that a 2nd season might come :)

rataven

Ducky_McGee said:
I just started Game of Thrones, and love how each chapter is a bite-sized piece of delicious story-telling. I'm completely hooked.

kisaya said:
Enough about Twilight, I just finished watching the end of Tiger & Bunny. So excited that a 2nd season might come :)

I just watched the new episode of Bill Maher and all I couldn't help but think that Bill should shut his mouth while Louis CK is talking. Also I found myself somehow very strangely attracted to Louis CK. Not in any way physically. I feel weird about myself now.

Ducky_McGee said:
I just watched the new episode of Bill Maher and all I couldn't help but think that Bill should shut his mouth while Louis CK is talking. Also I found myself somehow very strangely attracted to Louis CK. Not in any way physically. I feel weird about myself now.

Bill should shut his mouth more often in general.

rataven said:
I just started Game of Thrones, and love how each chapter is a bite-sized piece of delicious story-telling. I'm completely hooked.

I'm up to Feast for Crows and I envy you. The books are still very good but Feast for Crows is the direct opposite of what you describe. The majority of the chapters in the book are dedicated to a character you love to hate. Which would be fine, except that they're so long and so frequent you no longer love to hate, you just hate.

Devolution said:
Bill should shut his mouth more often in general.

I don't find him particularly funny as a comedian. I don't even think he's a good person. In fact I think he's an enormous douche nozzle. I do somehow find myself agreeing with what he has to say most of the time. I'd even go so far as to say there should be more people like him. Especially in politics.

Fetts_Jets said:
Anyone ever cut off a bunch of hair after having it long for a long time?
I'm a guy but I have. I grew my hair really long once so I could donate it to Locks of Love. Then I got my head shaved. It was nice to try having long hair just for the experience, but I don't think I'd want to do it again. Long hair is a pain to take care of.

Random thought. Perhaps if other girlgaf and I can band together we can offer boygaf a piece of collective advice they may find useful in their girl chasing pursuits.

Dancing. Is there anything else a guy can do to make himself more attractive than:

A: Be willing to dance.
B: Be able to dance.
C: Actually seem like he enjoys dancing, especially with you?

I suggested my boyfriend and I take a dancing class and he was resistant at first. He's not some super machismo guy or anything. He was just the kind of guy who'd rather hang back than get out and have fun. Afraid of looking like an idiot or something. Whatever. Anyway. He was resistant at first but after some minor coaxing I was able to get him to go with me. We've been to a few of them now and guess what? He seems to really enjoy it, he has a knack for it, and I find him all the more incredibly sexy and attractive as a result.

Guys. Because I know you're watching. I don't mean to be crude but knowing how to dance is like a license to print pussy. Heck. Just being WILLING to dance is like a learners permit to print pussy. When you go out somewhere and dancing is involved you would be wise to at least put yourself out there. I've never known a girl to give an old fashioned to a guy for being really good at hanging out at the bar sipping a beer.

You may confirm or deny this statement with or without the colorful profanity.

rataven

Ducky_McGee said:
I'm up to Feast for Crows and I envy you. The books are still very good but Feast for Crows is the direct opposite of what you describe. The majority of the chapters in the book are dedicated to a character you love to hate. Which would be fine, except that they're so long and so frequent you no longer love to hate, you just hate.
That's disappointing. A huge part of the appeal for me so far has been in how he's structured the storytelling. Though I do have a friend who kind of forewarned me about FfC too. He lost a lot of steam for the series at that point, since apparently several of his favorite characters were no-shows.

Kisaya

Ducky_McGee said:
Random thought. Perhaps if other girlgaf and I can band together we can offer boygaf a piece of collective advice they may find useful in their girl chasing pursuits.

Dancing. Is there anything else a guy can do to make himself more attractive than:

I suggested my boyfriend and I take a dancing class and he was resistant at first. He's not some super machismo guy or anything. He was just the kind of guy who'd rather hang back than get out and have fun. Afraid of looking like an idiot or something. Whatever. Anyway. He was resistant at first but after some minor coaxing I was able to get him to go with me. We've been to a few of them now and guess what? He seems to really enjoy it, he has a knack for it, and I find him all the more incredibly sexy and attractive as a result.

Guys. Because I know you're watching. I don't mean to be crude but knowing how to dance is like a license to print pussy. Heck. Just being WILLING to dance is like a learners permit to print pussy. When you go out somewhere and dancing is involved you would be wise to at least put yourself out there. I've never known a girl to give an old fashioned to a guy for being really good at hanging out at the bar sipping a beer.

I want a man to teach me how to dance :( I have no rhythm at all.

rataven said:
That's disappointing. A huge part of the appeal for me so far has been in how he's structured the storytelling. Though I do have a friend who kind of forewarned me about FfC too. He lost a lot of steam for the series at that point, since apparently several of his favorite characters were no-shows.

I can deal with a few characters being no-shows since I know they're returning in the next book. What I can't deal with are the sprawling chapters given to a shitty one note character. A character that used to be interesting that's now... not.

If I didn't know how to dance and a man taught me how that would be an ultimate turn on.

Ducky_McGee said:

You know, one of my best friends has wanted me to learn how to dance for ages now. I should probably listen to her, since she's right about a lot of things. :x

Dan Yo

Banned
Ducky_McGee said:

I usually dance because it's a great way to meet people and it's a good way to initiate things with someone. Aside from that, I would be hesitant to say that there's anything more sexy about being willing to dance. It's just a good way to break the ice. I have seen just as much success "printing pussy" so to speak, just by striking up conversation.

But ya, depending on where your strong suits are, dancing may be an easier way of bagging things than being witty. Or vice versa. Being willing to dance is just another way of breaking the ice.

SaskBoy

Ducky_McGee said:

Well duh, but it's easier said then done.

Whenever I go to the club (which is not very often) it's always like 5 girls for every 1 guy on the dance floor.

rataven

Ducky_McGee said:
I can deal with a few characters being no-shows since I know they're returning in the next book. What I can't deal with are the sprawling chapters given to a shitty one note character. A character that used to be interesting that's now... not.
Oh god, I'm dying to know who it is but I must. resist. temptation. to ask.....

Leeness

Ducky_McGee said:

Almost done Feast For Crows. :D

I might take a break between Feast and Dance for a bit, because all I've been reading for months now is ASOIAF.

Leeness said:
Almost done Feast For Crows. :D

I might take a break between Feast and Dance for a bit, because all I've been reading for months now is ASOIAF.

I may do this. That or I may listen to Dance with Dragons on audiobook. I perused that thread on legitimately scary books and now I want to give some of those a shot. Starting with The House on the Borderland.

Ducky_McGee said:
It's on my backlog. My very, very long backlog. I'm reading Haruki Murakami's Norwegian Wood right now though. Anyone else reading a Murakami book?
kisaya said:
I want a man to teach me how to dance :( I have no rhythm at all.
Are you me? =( No sense of rhythm, two left feet, etc., etc., etc. And I'm always too shy and embarrassed to join my friends when they dance.

Prax

Ha, I cannot dance, but I do it anyway.

I am probably an embarrassment, but it is okay. I just like jumping around and moving body parts to music like an idiot.

It is super duper hot when a guy knows how to dance though. Mesmerizing, really.

Ducky_McGee said:

*Does the Dougie*

Even just mucking about on the dancefloor is fine, inventing amusing dance moves, giving your best Zoolander impersonation, whatever. Being a wet blanket is not attractive.

heheheh. Now we have three threads on the front page :3 Overnight girls have taken over NeoGAF.

I think we could probably merge the make up thread into this one though.

shanshan310 said:
heheheh. Now we have three threads on the front page :3 Overnight girls have taken over NeoGAF.

I think we could probably merge the make up thread into this one though.
Women already control the world...except fashion. Men control that.

Prax

Professor Beef said:
Women already control the world...except fashion. Men control that.
So says Beyonce, but I don't totally believe that!

I am glad I am contributing though. This has been my most active on GAF in years probably.

Prax said:

I am glad I am contributing though. This has been my most active on GAF in years probably.

Yeah, same here. Its not like we're able to boost our post counts by replying to every topic with things like "would" :p

Why would men control fashion?

Kisaya

Prax said:

Same, I was always a lurker but now I figure I should post when I can.

girlgamer-girlgamer.jpg

Please tell me no-one got this tattoo...

Peagles

Girl-gaffer reporting in!

I usually try hide my girlness online but I don't feel as compelled to do so at gaf, to your credit as a forum!

shanshan310 said:
Why would men control fashion?
Men control fashion because we already make women wear uncomfortable, pointy-heeled shoes that make legs look attractive. We also promote bras that lift the breasts upward for no obvious reason.

Also, think about business-wear. Your average workplace has women wearing skirts that display plenty of leg, while men get away with wearing a white/grey shirt and jeans or slacks.

Yes, I am being sarcastic. :p

Kaldea

Threads like this scare me because I'm really shy and I rarely just chat on forums (professional lurker). I'm jealous of anyone who can do it so effortlessly. :D

Anyway, hello fellow wimminz!

Aselith

blame space said:
i heard girls have cooties

Bro, you and I can make a fort...no girls allowed. We won't let this contagion reach us. It'll just be two dudes, not having cooties but still having sex.

Aselith said:
Bro, you and I can make a fort...no girls allowed. We won't let this contagion reach us. It'll just be two dudes, not having cooties but still having sex.
All of a sudden cooties sound good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom