• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Emitan

I still don't really know what Homestuck is. It's a comic that somehow everyone in the world loves but is still really obscure?

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Well I'm sure it will be superior on Wonderbook anyway.

Like everything else.

Moby Dick on Wonderbook! Attempt to stab that damn whale yourself!

Emitan

Split your lungs with blood and thunder. When you see the white whale.

2VAPF.jpg

Love that comic, love the Mastodon song it references too!

Hmm, what does Girl-GAF listen to? I've been hungry for some new tunes, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Satch

Banned
Hmm, what does Girl-GAF listen to? I've been hungry for some new tunes, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

AWOLNATION
- Sail
- Burn It Down

Dorian Concept
- Trilingual Dance Sexperience

Esperanza Spalding
- I Adore You
- Wild Is The Wind

Jaga Jazzist
- Animal Chin
- Midget

K.Flay
- We Hate Everyone
- 5 AM (w/ SomethingALaMode)

Lianne La Havas
- Is Your Love Big Enough
- Forget

Little Dragon
- Constant Surprises
- Runabout

Santigold
- Creator

Squarepusher
- Vic Acid

Stan Kenton
- La Suerte De Los Tontos
- Viva Prado

Venetian Snares
- Welfare Wednesday

Wolf People
- Tiny Circle

Zebra Katz
- Ima Read

Zedd
- Spectrum (w/ Matthew Koma)

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Anything loud that will make your ears bleed.

Although I'm quite in love with Apocalyptica atm. And they're touring soon :O

I need a concert buddy :(

Well, I used to be heavily involved with the play-by-post anime RP community, which mostly operated around proboards, though I think they've been migrating to jcink these days. A lot of us were female, roleplaying guys were few and far between, and Harry Potter, Pokemon and other fandom-based sites were a dime a dozen. As for the writing? Let's just say it varies. Plus, everyone loves k-pop and Homestuck. Everyone.

I've made several sites with my own original ideas, but unfortunately, none of them ever took off. I could tell more, if girlgaf wills it.
This is... weird. Best word I could come up with.

I'm afraid I can't say anything too new, I'm stuck in the classics of the past. Sabbath, Maiden, all that.

Yesssssss...
Welp, seems the proper thing to do is go brag at RealGAF, brb.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Anything loud that will make your ears bleed.

Although I'm quite in love with Apocalyptica atm. And they're touring soon :O

I need a concert buddy :(

Oh yeah! I love Apocalyptica, especially the old school no vocals Apocalyptica was the best Apocalyptica. :D There album Cult is amazing!

Speaking of androgyny, came across this Kickstarter last night and holy shit this is exactly what I need in my life. Essentially: dude-style dress shirts/button ups but cut to fit women's bodies. All of my monies for this this this!

I love the hell out of Lights. Pretty much any track off of her second album, Siberia, is a good place to start, but I particularly like "Suspension," "Peace Sign," "Flux and Flow," and "Banner."

Esperanza Spalding
- I Adore You
- Wild Is The Wind

Little Dragon
- Constant Surprises
- Runabout

Santigold
- Creator

Already loving these, can't wait to work my way through the rest of your list. Thanks so much!

I'm afraid I can't say anything too new, I'm stuck in the classics of the past. Sabbath, Maiden, all that.

That's been my problem too! Listening to A LOT of Sabbath lately. It always ALWAYS hits the spot.

And yes, all of Rihanna's albums, I think Loud may be my fav, 'Man Down' is forever jam material.

Nudull

Banned
I've really been meaning to expand and maybe get into more indie music, but I barely could know where to look outside of youtube diving. Some of the choices from you all are pretty interesting, though, so kudos.

iirate

I have something that I need advice on and don't really want to make a new thread for something so minor, so I figured this is as good of a place to ask as any, even if the question doesn't have to specifically apply just to GirlGAF.

I have a friend that needs to find a new place by the end of July. I am going to be moving around the same time, and I haven't heard from my new roommates in over a month (the last time I tried to contact them was around 2 weeks ago). We've known each other for around 5 years, she's fun to hang out with, and I generally think she'd be a good roommate. Also, I'm a trans woman early into my transition, and she's already offered to help me with makeup and fashion and stuff like that which I'm interested in, but sort of missed out on learning up until this point. She's also been the most supportive friend I have transition-wise. She also told me last week that she wishes I'd come over to her place to hang out more (I had been earlier last month, but I have anxiety and trust issues even with good friends, and grew paranoid that I was wearing out my welcome).

So, I really want to ask her if she's looking for a roommate, but there's a problem. She was originally going to be moving with just her boyfriend at the end of this month (they had lived together for some time, but with a third roommate), but her bf broke up with her just a few days ago. They had been dating for around 3 years, and she was completely blindsided by this, and is obviously upset. Furthermore, I'm as good of a friend to her bf as I am to her, and I'm afraid that she may view me as closer to him, especially considering that I've known him for around 10 years, and her for about half that time. Also, she has another friend that I'm pretty sure she'll ask to room with her if she hasn't already.

I don't want to be insensitive considering what a big deal this move was to her, but we both need to figure out our living situations very soon, and I would really like her as a roommate. Even if I somehow get in contact with the other two girls I was going to move in with, I don't feel as safe with them as I would with her, especially considering the other girls are much younger, and I hardly know them to be honest.

Any advice would be appreciated.

“Faster, harder, faster, harder. The land began to shake. Just faintly at first, like a mild constant tremor, like the edge of a far distant earthquake. France trembled in its sedimentary basin. A glacier rattled on the Arctic plain. The ground quivered. Panama creaked and shuttered. Iceland hopped and moved. Russia's taiga zone hammered against the Ural Mountains. Europe shook hard. The coastlines boomed. Treasure laden sunken ships in the Marianas Trench tinkled.”

fossils%20plates.gif

Damn it, you people always making me push what's NSFW and what's not.

you gu---er..girls are awesome!

That's been my problem too! Listening to A LOT of Sabbath lately. It always ALWAYS hits the spot.
Aw yeah I knew you were cool.

I have something that I need advice on and don't really want to make a new thread for something so minor, so I figured this is as good of a place to ask as any, even if the question doesn't have to specifically apply just to GirlGAF.

I have a friend that needs to find a new place by the end of July. I am going to be moving around the same time, and I haven't heard from my new roommates in over a month (the last time I tried to contact them was around 2 weeks ago). We've known each other for around 5 years, she's fun to hang out with, and I generally think she'd be a good roommate. Also, I'm a trans woman early into my transition, and she's already offered to help me with makeup and fashion and stuff like that which I'm interested in, but sort of missed out on learning up until this point. She's also been the most supportive friend I have transition-wise. She also told me last week that she wishes I'd come over to her place to hang out more (I had been earlier last month, but I have anxiety and trust issues even with good friends, and grew paranoid that I was wearing out my welcome).

So, I really want to ask her if she's looking for a roommate, but there's a problem. She was originally going to be moving with just her boyfriend at the end of this month (they had lived together for some time, but with a third roommate), but her bf broke up with her just a few days ago. They had been dating for around 3 years, and she was completely blindsided by this, and is obviously upset. Furthermore, I'm as good of a friend to her bf as I am to her, and I'm afraid that she may view me as closer to him, especially considering that I've known him for around 10 years, and her for about half that time. Also, she has another friend that I'm pretty sure she'll ask to room with her if she hasn't already.

I don't want to be insensitive considering what a big deal this move was to her, but we both need to figure out our living situations very soon, and I would really like her as a roommate. Even if I somehow get in contact with the other two girls I was going to move in with, I don't feel as safe with them as I would with her, especially considering the other girls are much younger, and I hardly know them to be honest.

Any advice would be appreciated.
Well, I'm no expert or anything, but I probably would just tell her you're going to move but you don't really like your potential room mates, then see what she says. If you don't see her likely to suggest herself, you'll have to judge yourself how she'd take asking her outright about moving.

you gu---er..girls are awesome!
We just like some hot land on land action.

iirate

Aw yeah I knew you were cool.

Well, I'm no expert or anything, but I probably would just tell her you're going to move but you don't really like your potential room mates, then see what she says. If you don't see her likely to suggest herself, you'll have to judge yourself how she'd take asking her outright about moving.

We just like some hot land on land action.

She already knows about my problems with the new roommates (not really knowing them as well as not being able to get in contact with them while they're out of town), but the last time we talked about it was before her breakup.

My tastes aren't really focused or overly developed - I didn't really start listening to a lot of music and trying to broaden what I do listen to until a couple of years ago (I'm 26). I find myself always going back to Cake, The Avalanches, Polaris, Metric, Pixies, and Yeah Yeah Yeahs for my heavy listening. I love The Beatles as much as any of these bands, but don't listen to them all the time.

My "mood bands" which I love in certain mindsets include The Clash, The Ramones, Tegan and Sara, MGMT, Nirvana, Talking Heads, and The Flaming Lips. Modest Mouse is probably the king of this category; I can sometimes listen to them for weeks.

I've never been able to get into a lot of classic rock, at least along the lines of Led Zepplin or Van Halen. Pink Floyd is really hit-or-miss for me as well. Bowie and Queen are good on occasion, and I have incredible respect for them both, but I don't feel that I love them quite as much as most, except when they work together. Under Pressure is probably one of my favorite songs.

Salazar

I've really been meaning to expand and maybe get into more indie music, but I barely could know where to look outside of youtube diving. Some of the choices from you all are pretty interesting, though, so kudos.

Kpop. Beyond indie.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
i can't have respect for anyone who doesn't like at least one kpop song. otherwise, it's just, like... do you not have any joy in your life at all? i mean come on.

Top Bottom