• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Leeness

Button front shirts don't work at all on a full chest. Unless you add like 4 small buttons/snaps between the breasts, it will gap. Better to get scoop neck tees with a fully inset sleeve, not tanks, no buttons, some light accent like lace around the neck.

Button ups are a massive no no for me. If they fit around my chest, they're like a tent around my waist. Fit my waist, they basically strangle my boobs.

But all shirts look stupid on me anyway lol. From the most basic t-shirt to any kind of nice shirt.

Kimaka

Jeans or fitted pants and a plain shirt mostly. I've chilled out on the nerdy graphic tees, but will sometimes wear the ones whose reference isn't obvious.

Tanks when I feel like shaving and shorts in the summer occasionally. Dresses are rarely worn. Not too comfortable in them and I also get mad embarrassed when people I know get excited over me dressing girly.

My normal go to on the weekends is jeans, t and a hoodie if it's cold, but I do have a few nicer outfits for dates and stuff. Work week's are business casual to gym clothes (mainly homemade and thrown together).
I did get a pair of brown linen short pants. Totally out of the norm to me, but so comfy and cool in the hell that is Houston summer.

MsKrisp

Hey, well, if others do it too then I guess it's okay? :D;

My lady friends always put on a dress or skirt as soon as the temperatures rise, so they were never the greatest example for me, lol.

MsKrisp: I've avoided button up shirts for years because I have larger boobs and I hate how those tops made them pop out. Buuut in the past six months I've developed more confidence in my body so, uh, maybe next time I get more winter/fall clothes I'll try some plaid that still makes my chest look flatter or something. (I know right now trying to find a top like that won't work, heh.)

I have a couple of nice mens dress shirts that aren't as form fitting as women's shirts. I don't have huge boobs but sometimes you can see all of me through the space between the buttonholes, and every now and then my dumb shoulderbag undoes the top button, so it's pretty annoying. I find the couple of mens shirt's still look good on me, but since they're not form fitting there are no strained buttons :D

Zoe

I recently decided to just ignore my work's dress code and have been wearing plain t-shirts from Target to work. You can hardly tell they're not blouses, especially with the v-necks. I always wear a cardigan on top anyway. I considered just buying a pack of men's tees, but I need the lower neck and looser chest and hips.

I do need some polos, but it's hard finding polos that don't have those stupid tight and microscopic puffy sleeves and are long enough in the front (dunno if it's my boobs making them short or if that's just the style). I'd go men's, but they're usually too slim for curves and have the opposite problem of being too long.

gaiages

Banned
I recently decided to just ignore my work's dress code and have been wearing plain t-shirts from Target to work. You can hardly tell they're not blouses, especially with the v-necks. I always wear a cardigan on top anyway. I considered just buying a pack of men's tees, but I need the lower neck and looser chest and hips.

I do need some polos, but it's hard finding polos that don't have those stupid tight and microscopic puffy sleeves and are long enough in the front (dunno if it's my boobs making them short or if that's just the style). I'd go men's, but they're usually too slim for curves and have the opposite problem of being too long.

I hate polos on me. Women's polos accentuate all the wrong things on my body and are too short, men's are slim cut to the point it just doesn't work with my body type. I've given up on them.

For clothes I be switching up constantly. Half the time it might be something like this:
DCJOA8YXUAI_cQG.jpg
Back when I was in college I would throw on a suit for the heck of it, but the fun's been taken out of it now with this entrepreneurship I've been going to and job interviews.

Other times I be rocking skirts, dresses, whatever. Basically I be going from this:

To This:
Even more so since I got dreads now, though not nearly as long as hers.

when will the summer end jesus christ

Fuck that. I like this time of the year.

Tomita

I didn't sneer at the guy, all I said was that he needs more than just 100% jeans and t-shirts. :( Just get like a button up or something, even dressier well-kept jeans work in most dress up scenarios

My casual wardrobe is all jeans, sporty shorts, and t-shirts tbqh. My office wear is just that, office wear, but some of the shirts can double for something more girly if I need them to. I just don't, usually.

I own like one skirt (with no shirt to match it) and two dresses, but never wear them. I don't have a need to... and I'm extremely self conscious about my arms atm so usually only guy clothes even cover that up. Not allows to have sleeves or pockets on women's clothes :/

Ah, sorry gaiages -- I didn't mean "sneer" to sound mean or anything! I see now it reads harshly, but I honestly meant for something way more lighter like...uh... "poo-pooed"? lol idk BUT I don't think the clothing discussion in the other thread was mean or rude. You cool <3

Lightweight, breathable fabrics are the way to go for cooler feeling. Like, make sure you're wearing cotton with no polyester/spandex. Seersucker was made for hot climates, although it always looks non-ironed.

I wear tees to work for a business casual environment, but never with words or much in the way of graphics. Like, I wear some Woot shirts, but only ones that are not too blatant in their jokes. Also khakis instead of jeans, the fabric can be thinner.

Button front shirts don't work at all on a full chest. Unless you add like 4 small buttons/snaps between the breasts, it will gap. Better to get scoop neck tees with a fully inset sleeve, not tanks, no buttons, some light accent like lace around the neck.

Yeah, this has been my clothing experience, haha. I need to work more on accessories, though. Like, I could tolerate some infinity scarf thing or something. Just need to uh... buy some and learn how to match it with my outfits.

Jeans or fitted pants and a plain shirt mostly. I've chilled out on the nerdy graphic tees, but will sometimes wear the ones whose reference isn't obvious.

Tanks when I feel like shaving and shorts in the summer occasionally. Dresses are rarely worn. Not too comfortable in them and I also get mad embarrassed when people I know get excited over me dressing girly.

asldjfalsgda tell me about it, I had to wear a nice blouse for a formal event a few months ago, and the amount of cooing I received for looking so "cute". -_- I hate my body type. I can't avoid looking "cute" and "adorable."

I have a couple of nice mens dress shirts that aren't as form fitting as women's shirts. I don't have huge boobs but sometimes you can see all of me through the space between the buttonholes, and every now and then my dumb shoulderbag undoes the top button, so it's pretty annoying. I find the couple of mens shirt's still look good on me, but since they're not form fitting there are no strained buttons :D

...So there's hope with men's plaid / button downs? :D I'll check that out when they switch in the fall fashion, and hope something is small enough!

Be careful about the size and shape of the stripes on the plaid if you want to make your boobs look smaller!

And I'll keep that in mind too!

Way more comments than I expected to get, thanks ya'll :D

gaiages

Banned
Ah, sorry gaiages -- I didn't mean "sneer" to sound mean or anything! I see now it reads harshly, but I honestly meant for something way more lighter like...uh... "poo-pooed"? lol idk BUT I don't think the clothing discussion in the other thread was mean or rude. You cool <3

Aw, you're fine, I'm sorry, I was just feeling defensive when I wrote that. You coolio <3

I definitely went 'poo-poo' to that guy tho

Media

Had a huge fight with my husband this morning. I hate how he flies off the handle for the smallest fucking things. This time, it was because I forgot to mate socks after having a painful procedure done on my ankle that has a three inch cyst.
This makes me:
A child
A terrible mother
And him threaten to divorve me and take the kids to live with his crazy mother who's a cult xtain. My oldest is gay and she hates him. So yeah.

Fml

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Had a huge fight with my husband this morning. I hate how he flies off the handle for the smallest fucking things. This time, it was because I forgot to mate socks after having a painful procedure done on my ankle that has a three inch cyst.
This makes me:
A child
A terrible mother
And him threaten to divorve me and take the kids to live with his crazy mother who's a cult xtain. My oldest is gay and she hates him. So yeah.

Fml

What the fuck??

Your husband sounds abusive... :(

ShyMel

This makes me:
A child
A terrible mother

Fml

I agree with the other poster, this sounds very abusive. If you need anything, we're here for you.

This makes me:
A child
A terrible mother

Fml

well fuck

Media

What the fuck??

Your husband sounds abusive... :(

I agree with the other poster, this sounds very abusive. If you need anything, we're here for you.

well fuck

If we could help you find a place to live with your kids and a reasonable solution for your money concerns, would you choose to leave him?

I'm sorry I shouldn't have whined here. I have three kids, no job history aside from clerking three time in my life (and the onion factory/picking field) all things I can't do anymore. It's just one of those situations I got myself into by marrying way too young. When the kids are off to college I plan on...I dunno.

Media

Ahem. Other less whiny news: Spent 100 bucks at JCPENNEY and got 790 worth of a stuff, including a bra that fit so fucking well, some jeans and cute shirts, a fancy dress, and a really fucking slutty dress I don't know if I'll have the courage to wear outside.

The JCPenney was going out of business lol

Zoe

JCPenney always had great sales/clearances. They really burned their base when they tried to get rid of doorbusters.

I should see if any of the local ones are closing...

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
I'm sorry I shouldn't have whined here. I have three kids, no job history aside from clerking three time in my life (and the onion factory/picking field) all things I can't do anymore. It's just one of those situations I got myself into by marrying way too young. When the kids are off to college I plan on...I dunno.
Please don't apologize for venting, he really shouldn't treat you like that. You don't deserve it, nobody does :(
Ahem. Other less whiny news: Spent 100 bucks at JCPENNEY and got 790 worth of a stuff, including a bra that fit so fucking well, some jeans and cute shirts, a fancy dress, and a really fucking slutty dress I don't know if I'll have the courage to wear outside.

The JCPenney was going out of business lol
Holy fuck, that's an awesome deal, especially the bra. And lol even if you don't wear the slutty dress outside, it could still be fun to try on every once in a while.

Media, you can always vent here. It's so natural for people to want to try to help because we cherish you and we don't want to see you in a tough situation but also we all know that sometimes offering "solutions" that maybe aren't isn't always helpful. Shit is complicated. Full stop.

I dunno. I have a lot of things I want to say but they're all jumbled up now so I'll just send you good happy vibes and courage to wear slutty dresses. <3

I hope everything turns out well for you Media! It sounds like a complicated situation, but everyone's here if you wanna talk.

I always get really hung up over tiny things. Like I decided "hey, hmm I wanna change my twitter username. What should it be?" That's not an important decision at all, but my brain is totally unable to commit to anything.

Was losing a fat and feeling okay about it, but I noticed that I am losing fat in my breast area as well. I am really having trouble getting out of my head about losing my cup sizes. I've been a plump D since 9th grade. Now...idk. I am kind of scared to go get sized. My skin feels different in my hands, I can see different pull. Dunno if this goes in girlgaf or fitgaf, but it is definitely becoming something that is having an effect on me showing up and pushing hard 5 days a week. I never thought it would be a thing for me or that I would put so much stock in tittymeat, but here we are...anything I can do to get out of my own head about losing femininity?

Zoe

Well breasts are mostly fat, so I don't think anything from FitGAF will help much... There's a reason body builder women usually get implants.

gaiages

Banned
Was losing a fat and feeling okay about it, but I noticed that I am losing fat in my breast area as well. I am really having trouble getting out of my head about losing my cup sizes. I've been a plump D since 9th grade. Now...idk. I am kind of scared to go get sized. My skin feels different in my hands, I can see different pull. Dunno if this goes in girlgaf or fitgaf, but it is definitely becoming something that is having an effect on me showing up and pushing hard 5 days a week. I never thought it would be a thing for me or that I would put so much stock in tittymeat, but here we are...anything I can do to get out of my own head about losing femininity?

Basically your boobs aren't the end-all be-all of your femininity. They're still THERE, but they're going to shrink with your shrinking body. Think of it this way... if they DIDN'T shrink, they might be too big for your body type. Many fit women tend to not have large boobs, and that's normal. That's fine. You can still do whatever else you deem feminine (wear dresses, wear makeup, whatever that word means to YOU) and still be feminine.

To kind of flip the perspective a bit, there are plenty of women with AA cups, or those that get breast cancer and lose their breasts, or even those that weren't assigned female at birth that identify as such, and as such don't typically have breasts. Without trying to sound mean, do you believe they are less feminine because of those things? If not, why are you judging yourself on a different metric?

Without trying to sound mean, do you believe they are less feminine because of those things? If not, why are you judging yourself on a different metric?

You don't sound mean at all, and I feel like a real asshole about all of it. A friend of mine had a double mastectomy in January and we went through weeks of talking about how boobs don't make her a woman, that they're just fat bags, etc. and I am suddenly in my own head about my own boobs. I have 3 upper body days a week and 2 lower body. I am tempted to switch them for a while until I can get my head right.

Zaphrynn

We get so used to trying to love and accept ourselves for how we look, that I think sometimes if that look changes, it's hard for it to not feel like a loss of identity (sorry about that terrible sentence lol). This is especially true if it's a part of ourselves that we latched onto as being better than the rest of us.

Unfortunately, with exercise, boob fat is one of the first things to go. It's ok to feel sad about this, but remember that those boobs aren't you, and your overall health is going to make you feel better in the long run, emotionally and physically. <3

gaiages

Banned
You don't sound mean at all, and I feel like a real asshole about all of it. A friend of mine had a double mastectomy in January and we went through weeks of talking about how boobs don't make her a woman, that they're just fat bags, etc. and I am suddenly in my own head about my own boobs. I have 3 upper body days a week and 2 lower body. I am tempted to switch them for a while until I can get my head right.

I understand that, I honestly do the exact same thing with my body... not with my breasts, but with other parts. It can be hard to get out of your own head and not compare yourself to others, but that's okay! The fact that you're even realizing you're doing it in the first place is a good step forward.

You can love your boobs for what they are, and others will love them too :p

Linkura

Media, I am so sorry about what happened a few days ago. :( I know you seem to think you are trapped. As everyone has already said, we're here for you if you need to vent or just talk.

Media

Thank you guys. I just had to vent somewhere. I hate the situation, but it is what it is. He always apologizes but it still hurts.

Top Bottom