• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I did Disney World for two years from 2006 to 2008. Photopass photgrapher at Animal Kindgom and Magic Kingdom. I swear DAK is like 20 degrees hotter than any other park and there were no indoor locations.

DAK is nuts. I have so much respect for the people I know who are still there and working Pandora.

I did costuming at MK for a bit and I would wish to be outside sometimes, instead of being sniped at about princess gloves of slightly varying colors and those aren't the RIGHT green tights and "hey the incredibles dance show is a mess".
Character attendants are the meanest people in entertainment
I was also a godmother, which was more pressure, but also more rewarding.

Hello, ladies and gentlemen of GirlGaf.

giphy.gif

MsKrisp

Toys R Us during Christmastime.

Get on my level.

Disney Store during Christmas, what uuuuup.

Disney World during spring break

I worked big box retail for like 6 years :(
Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, and Gamestop all during Christmas and black fridays. Best Buy's black friday had people in line around the entire shopping center (which is about a half mile long). One black friday at the Walmart, some dad punched some other guy that got the last Furby ticket.

I worked big box retail for like 6 years :(
Best Buy, Walmart, EB Games, and Gamestop all during Christmas and black fridays. Best Buy's black friday had people in line around the entire shopping center (which is about a half mile long). One black friday at the Walmart, some dad punched some other guy that got the last Furby ticket.
I did Gamestop one Christmas, but it wasn't bad because it was a strip mall store. The biggest anchor store was Ross or something at the other end. But we were the babysitters for the restaurant next door. It was more of a bar, and not kid friendly... So why not shove unsupervised children into the shop next door. The pet store on the other side felt our pain too. My manager would get mad and flip the breaker in the back room to shut off the display units. Friday nights and suddenly all the test systems were broken.

I also did Party City one halloween. It wasn't bad, but customers are slobs.

That ghosting thread sure is something. Another case of 'ignore all the women!'

They're killing me. Like, I'm being eaten alive by the bun in the oven, and I'm burnt from wrestling the toddler all day (still cute, tho), but I'm STILL posting almost till 1AM because it boggles the mind. BOGGLES THE MIND.

They're killing me. Like, I'm being eaten alive by the bun in the oven, and I'm burnt from wrestling the toddler all day (still cute, tho), but I'm STILL posting almost till 1AM because it boggles the mind. BOGGLES THE MIND.

Send my hugs to your lil monsta, hapro~

Mia ❤

Also some hugs for the mama, too ❤

Media

Sorry monster 2 is eating you.

And I understand. I should really stop reading the thread since everything I post is ignored but...

Send my hugs to your lil monsta, hapro~

Mia ❤

Also some hugs for the mama, too ❤

T'anks, YNnNY~

Mimi says, "Kiiiiiiiiiitty!"

Sorry monster 2 is eating you.

And I understand. I should really stop reading the thread since everything I post is ignored but...

Typical monster behavior. And this one seems to hate everything but greens. Greens of all things. And spicy stuff. Weird kid.

But yeah on the thread. They keep breezing over your posts and Dice's. It's a really frustrating thread.

I go in for flyby "fuck you" posts then leave again

It doesn't help the sanity but man I sure like yelling

I get a chuckle every time you drop a bomb. Keep up the air raids~

Congrats H. Pro :O

That ghosting thread is a travesty.

Thanks, Leeness. Tyranny of age and all that or I'd take more time. At least #1 is generally cool. Thread-wise, yeah... It feels a bit like beating your head slowly against the table. I just the love the "all people who ghost are horrible people without a shred of courtesy" posts that keep coming up. Way to miss all the posts from those who have had bad experiences. :p

sounds like that ghosting needs to be ghosted

dqRLtuy.gif

Quite possibly.

Congratulations on the kiddo and future kiddo :)

Cheers, Waffle. I'm sure I'll pop back in to post next cupcake rage. :)

oh geez hapro, she is adorable like whoa! AND she's super photogenic! the happiness in her face! * ___ * what a precious bebe <3 <3 <3

also your cat is <3

StoneFox

sounds like that ghosting needs to be ghosted

I went in there and started joking around and the boys took me too seriously for it to be fun. I was going to ask if ignoring beggars on the street is considered ghosting culture but alas. They only want posts about "dating" just because it's in the title as if that's suddenly a rule that is never ever broken in any threads. I guess all the threads where the topic goes off on a tangent because thr OP gets backfired should be deemed outlawed.

gaiages

Banned
I went in there and started joking around and the boys took me too seriously for it to be fun. I was going to ask if ignoring beggars on the street is considered ghosting culture but alas. They only want posts about "dating" just because it's in the title as if that's suddenly a rule that is never ever broken in any threads. I guess all the threads where the topic goes off on a tangent because thr OP gets backfired should be deemed outlawed.

See they wanted the thread to be about dating then they didn't like the answers so they went WHAT ABOUT GHOSTING FRIENDS and then wee was like "here's an example about why the world doesn't revolve around you you cunts" then it was they were like HEY WE'RE TALKING ABOUT DATING HERE

Goalposts, goalposts everywhere

StoneFox

Were the posts about your dad a joke then?
It''s funny, the OP doesn't want to talk about dating anymore. But he put it in the title.
The dad part was real, unfortunately. He's kinda a prick like that. But it's been years since he decided to up and leave one day so it doesn't hurt as much as it used to.

gaiages

Banned
The dad part was real, unfortunately. He's kinda a prick like that. But it's been years since he decided to up and leave one day so it doesn't hurt as much as it used to.

Oh, sorry for my flippant response to that post then, I thought you were joking.

I actually ghosted my own dad. It's been like 10 years now!

He was kind of a prick too, he let my stepmom kick me out of the house with nowhere to go. The rest of my siblings did the same after another year or two of dealing with my stepmom's bullshit.

Oh, congrats! I didn't remember you were pregnant again.

Sorry, wee! Preggo brain. Completely missed this. But yes! Thank ya. I'd have happily waited many more years, but alas. Guess it's like ripping off a band-aid...?
Help meeeee...

oh geez hapro, she is adorable like whoa! AND she's super photogenic! the happiness in her face! * ___ * what a precious bebe <3 <3 <3

also your cat is <3

Thanks, chica. I think she's shaping up all right. :) And, yes. Pod is most glorious. Mia loves him a little too much, though. Poor boy.

See they wanted the thread to be about dating then they didn't like the answers so they went WHAT ABOUT GHOSTING FRIENDS and then wee was like "here's an example about why the world doesn't revolve around you you cunts" then it was they were like HEY WE'RE TALKING ABOUT DATING HERE

Goalposts, goalposts everywhere

Pretty much. He didn't seem to like the responses he got, so he looked for another angle to show just how assholish those ghosters are. Irredeemable people, really. No consideration for men's feelings at all. :p

I had to nope out. Once they start saying, it's not that dangerous. Wtf. That is the shite that DOES have stats. They want stats for everything else.

Yeah, I was going to go back and talk about some personal experiences, like the guy who sat outside my house all day long, periodically pounding on my door and yelling through windows, but I mean, why? They don't listen. But we've learned good reasons to ghost and we've learned them the hard way.

(I was 17, btw. He was 20.)

MsKrisp

He just wanted his feelings about a thing confirmed, like all OPs like this.

I'm glad it seems that a majority people who understand it, but some folks are just insufferable guypost movers

Tomita

Heeeey GirlGAF... sorry if my upcoming question is annoying. I've lurked this thread for years and searched stuff, yet I don't think I've seen my question get answered. If it has and I missed it, apologies.

Read through the Girls Answer Questions thread (omg it's actually...not shitty. Congrats, male gaffers.), and a guy kinda got sneered at for wearing only t-shirts and jeans. I mean, I get that... exceeeept I literally do the exact same thing. Though I'm a lady. :s

In fall and winter it's a lot easier, but for spring and summer? I get hot really easily, first off, so even a thin clothed long sleeve shirt seems too much for me. Secondly, I despise 90% of women's fashion on me. In the past year and a half I finally just gave up and started buying in the men's section, which makes me feel way more comfortable with myself. But then I pretty much only buy t-shirts because I have a petite body, so struggle to find clothes that actually fit properly. Like, I fell in love with quite a few sweaters in the men's section this past winter that I just had to pass up because a size small was too big.

I own a few pieces of formal wear, and some long sleeve shirts that work for different levels of casual to semi-formal events. But for when it's hot, I only own t-shirts -- plain and decaled t-shirts. (And one super formal top.) I'm sort of at a loss as to how to improve my wardrobe so people in society don't laugh at me. ):

(Also, wearing a more sleeveless top (tank top, whatever) is sort of problematic because I don't like to shave. Like obviously I can own up to that, but if I'm trying to look nice I don't want to be judged by most of society cause my armpit hair is showing...I mean, I guess I could just suck it up and shave when trying to impress people, but idk)

Can anyone relate and have some tips to share? Or maybe some fashion links? A lot of butch/tomboy fashion I see uses stuff like button up tops that don't really work for the hot summer months. I could just fail at Googling, though. Or maybe this post is better for the LGBT thread, I'm not sure. ):

Maybe I'm just going to the wrong stores too, and other places have more variety in the women's section. I kinda just stick to department stores and never have that big of a budget for clothes. One season Target had all these awesome, more neutral/masculine tops in the women's section, and then after that (in my area) they went back to cheap looking feminine styles. Which is another reason why I gave up on women's clothes -- they're made so cheaply, in my experience, compared to men's.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I only ever wear jeans (or shorts) and t-shirts too. They are metal band t-shirts almost exclusively and I'm very happy that way.

So, I guess I don't really have any tips? xD

MsKrisp

I tend to stick with jeans and t-shirts myself, I'm not a big fan of women's fashion as well and I'm kind of inept at it. For work I have to wear button up shirts, and they're surprisingly cool in the summer and I look great in them, so you may be able to find some button ups that are cooler in the summer for you. I don't have a whole lot of fashion tips beyond that, though, I'm not especially creative with clothes ^^;

Media

I'm a jeans and t-shirt girl myself. I like what's comfy. I am however no adverse to slipping into something slinky with heels and make up.

Once in a while.

....I've done it once this year.

Tomita

Hey, well, if others do it too then I guess it's okay? :D;

My lady friends always put on a dress or skirt as soon as the temperatures rise, so they were never the greatest example for me, lol.

MsKrisp: I've avoided button up shirts for years because I have larger boobs and I hate how those tops made them pop out. Buuut in the past six months I've developed more confidence in my body so, uh, maybe next time I get more winter/fall clothes I'll try some plaid that still makes my chest look flatter or something. (I know right now trying to find a top like that won't work, heh.)

Another jeans and t-shirts gal here. But I do like the nice stuff, ngl. I also like cute tops. Well fitting jeans and cute top is my go to outfit. In the winter, add leather jacket, and I'm set \o/

Ahh, I'm generally a pretty girly/"edgy" girly dresser, so I don't have many tips, but there's nothing wrong with a t-shirt and jeans! Super comfy and stylish done right on anyone imo. I'm just all about the a e s t h e t i c personally.

Be careful about the size and shape of the stripes on the plaid if you want to make your boobs look smaller!

I've been on GAF since 2012 and only just discovered there's an OT for GirlGAF. Hi!

I mostly wear t-shirts and jeans. I try not to spend too much money on clothes and I'm terrible at fashion. I have some dressier tops for work and the like, but my wardrobe is mostly jeans (blue denim, gray jeans, white jeans, etc) and various tops. I go between wearing geeky fandom/video game related t-shirts and nicer plain t-shirts depending on the situation.

I do have some REI pants (the loose, lightweight fabric ones with lots of pockets) that are super comfy and I wear when I'm doing outdoors stuff, or running errands, but I'd never wear them to an event or on a date.

gaiages

Banned
I didn't sneer at the guy, all I said was that he needs more than just 100% jeans and t-shirts. :( Just get like a button up or something, even dressier well-kept jeans work in most dress up scenarios

My casual wardrobe is all jeans, sporty shorts, and t-shirts tbqh. My office wear is just that, office wear, but some of the shirts can double for something more girly if I need them to. I just don't, usually.

I own like one skirt (with no shirt to match it) and two dresses, but never wear them. I don't have a need to... and I'm extremely self conscious about my arms atm so usually only guy clothes even cover that up. Not allows to have sleeves or pockets on women's clothes :/

Leeness

Dress pants for work, leggings, jeans sometimes (not very comfy to me), tops that look like shit on me or sweaters here.

I am the absolute lowest form of fashion aware lol.

PInk Tape

Banned
I love wearing leggings and shorts. Skirts and dresses just feel weird to me because I'm not used to wearing them I guess >.<

I prefer wearing plain/cute shirts and regular t-shirts too.

Also hi again guys it's been forever since I last posted in here ^_^

Top Bottom