• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Media

me and media hugging

stock-vector-beautiful-young-woman-hugging-burger-575835535.jpg

Surpringly accurate.

Platy

That transphobic murder thread made me angry as hell..."would you date a trans person" threads are full of "but there are lots of stupid reasons to loose interest in someone" and threads like the recent one is like "but people should tell every reason it would make someone stop dating you" and I get pissed.

Should I tell that I hate metal gear? That I have small morning sickness and diarrhea when my hormones are crazy ? That I hate most anime ? That their favorite movie/TV series is sexist/racist ?

And then I remembered that no cis women ever killed a trans women because she suddenly knew the person she was dating was trans and I just want to hug every women for being awesome and hating the straight part of my bissexuality

Dude, don't approach me at 5:10 in the morning...in the dark...with your hands behind your back...and ask me to pet my dogs. The hell are you thinking?

LionPride

Banned
Hello people, heard lotta great things bout this place and tryna find more community threads that don't give me headaches. Hope y'all don't mind.
Dude, don't approach me at 5:10 in the morning...in the dark...with your hands behind your back...and ask me to pet my dogs. The hell are you thinking?
Yikes

gaiages

Banned

What's his GAF name

Hello people, heard lotta great things bout this place and tryna find more community threads that don't give me headaches. Hope y'all don't mind.

Yikes

Yeah a lot of community threads have... er... well you know

Welcome :3

ShyMel

Some men will truly never grasp (or care) about how women feel uncomfortable when being approached by men, especially in situations like yours.

Media

This is why I have a huge protective dog.

qX2ffI8.jpg

To get a sense of his size, that's an RV windshield

ohQNUYm.jpg

When I walk him no one fucks with me.

My two are...far less intimidating. A, slightly, overweight beagle and a 10 lb mini schnauzer. Both of which immediately began wagging their tails when he approached. ::sigh::

Media

My two are...far less intimidating. A, slightly, overweight beagle and a 10 lb mini schnauzer. Both of which immediately began wagging their tails when he approached. ::sigh::

Mine is scary. He's not fond of strangers and will growl when someone approaches. Super smart too. I have full control over him, he's a great dog andinds well right? Well, once a guy in a truck stopped to ask for directions and apparently he thought the dude was sketch and immediately dragged me of the road and into a ditch lol. He makes decisions like that it's hilarious.

LionPride

Banned
Some men will truly never grasp (or care) about how women feel uncomfortable when being approached by men, especially in situations like yours.
It's a split of both, lot of us don't understand why women would feel uncomfortable, although I'd be uncomfortable as hell, some shady dude walkin up to me at 5:00 AM? Hell it could be 5:00 PM, who are you and why do you wanna touch my dog while looking suspect

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
In that thread, if you dare point out in the mildest possible way that some of those ads kinda suck, you are told to "get out" and you "hate fun"

I mean sure some of those were legit funny, but others... yeesh, no, I don't miss those times whatsoever, but I bet some of those posters do miss the times of the good ol' boys club huh?

shiba5

In that thread, if you dare point out in the mildest possible way that some of those ads kinda suck, you are told to "get out" and you "hate fun"

I mean sure some of those were legit funny, but others... yeesh, no, I don't miss those times whatsoever, but I bet some of those posters do miss the times of the good ol' boys club huh?

That thread has Gamergate vibes. :(

I didn't start reading gaming mags until the PS2 era. I think in the 90s I just copied down cheat codes from Tips and Tricks.

That Frank West dude need to get the fuck out.

Mine is scary. He's not fond of strangers and will growl when someone approaches. Super smart too. I have full control over him, he's a great dog andinds well right? Well, once a guy in a truck stopped to ask for directions and apparently he thought the dude was sketch and immediately dragged me of the road and into a ditch lol. He makes decisions like that it's hilarious.

LOL! Definitely going for a big one next time...or a cat. I am really trying to wear my wife down on the "we should get cats when the dogs die" tip. It doesn't seem to be working, but you never know!

Media

I love how they respond with basically "you're wrong" and then just straight up ignore us when we prove it. Sigh. Shouting into the void indeed.

Aeana

I wish you guys would report this stuff. It's not welcome at all and we need to take care of it before it's allowed to fester.

Took care of one guy, still reading the thread.

Media

I wish you guys would report this stuff. It's not welcome at all and we need to take care of it before it's allowed to fester.

Oh thank you, I didn't even think to report it. I'm on mobile too so I don't have the handy list of mods that I bookmark on my PC.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Ah, I do report stuff every now and then, when I'm pretty sure it crosses the line, but I also don't want to be a nag/annoying and cry wolf with over-reporting in case I'm wrong, know what I mean? ^^ But OK, I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

shiba5

Ah, I do report stuff every now and then, when I'm pretty sure it crosses the line, but I also don't want to be a nag/annoying and cry wolf with over-reporting in case I'm wrong, know what I mean? ^^ But OK, I'll keep that in mind, thanks!

I felt the same way. We are really conditioned to "be nice" because it's all "in good fun" - like the one guy who said things were better in the 90's because people didn't care about it. We cared, but we were ignored if we said anything.
I was actually told by an HR person that I had to "be nice" to a coworker who had a photo of me from the Christmas party AS HIS DESKTOP WALLPAPER. I told her to go fuck herself and threatened to sue them into oblivion. I'm not so nice anymore.

Top Bottom