• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

gaiages

Banned
I stopped posting in the dating threads after being part of PXG's OT2 until Septimius' OT5. And you are right, there are few responses from women, but there are a few here who have posted in older dating threads and some even got marriage proposals and stuff out of nowhere.

I found them to be something akin to encircling the woman and just firing posts at her to overwhelm her.

Hopefully there will be less of... Nice Guy™ type of posts in the thread you made.

I think people hit on Leeness for no reason a few times in PMs or something, but they tend to be better in those threads now. Whenever someone comes in with some redpill shit he gets his ass chewed out. And reported is necessary.

Also whew that panelist thread got a ton of replies already... I have my work cut out for me, mwaha

Leeness

I think people hit on Leeness for no reason a few times in PMs or something, but they tend to be better in those threads now. Whenever someone comes in with some redpill shit he gets his ass chewed out. And reported is necessary.

Also whew that panelist thread got a ton of replies already... I have my work cut out for me, mwaha

Nah, no one has. They know how crazy I am lol. If someone PMs me, it's generally just questions about "well then why are you here??"

Zoe

So I've never really followed Supernatural, but I watch it on occasion and I know the actors' names.

I've been having hip pain so I was scrolling through the Orthopedics section of my clinic to see who does what and where.

Jared Padalecki's brother is one of the doctors.

I wonder how many fangirls try to get appointments with him :lol

Why exactly?
From my perspective: that links it to this thread and this community, which is bigger than the Discord-active group that launched this initiative. Related but not the same. The GirlGAF thread is like a friendly local bar you can pop in and out of. It's chill. It's there when you are there. You can be super active or not.

But not everyone in that shifting community knew about this or thought it was okay or wanted to be linked to it. In a way, presenting the GAQ thread as GirlGAF not only links the two but sanctions it in a way that creates a monolith I doubt any of us want.

GAQ is cool and fine and may end badly or go well. But it's not GirlGAF and we don't want too many strays following us home. Upside is if they have a place to do that, they might be less likely to bug us here now.

Kisaya

Why exactly?

Because you didn't present the idea in the GirlGAF official thread for starters?

But yeah what hey_monkey said. It doesn't represent the larger GirlGAF community, and I certainly don't want to be linked to it. "Girls Answer Questions" is more appropriate.

gaiages

Banned
Because you didn't present the idea in the GirlGAF official thread for starters?

But yeah what hey_monkey said. It doesn't represent the larger GirlGAF community, and I certainly don't want to be linked to it. "Girls Answer Questions" is more appropriate.

I will admit I'm a little sad the idea wasn't brought up in the thread first, mainly because I don't really frequent the Discord chat (nothing against anyone there, I just only use Discord for the staff chat of a freelance site). But, plenty of people use the term GirlGAF when they don't mean the community specifically and instead just mean "girls on GAF". I doubt unsavorys are going to suddenly randomly show up in here now as opposed to before now, and if they do, well... that's what the mods are for.

NeOak

It wasn't a PM lol. But I am pleasantly surprised it is a woman that made OT6. I didn't know, my apologies.

Nah, no one has. They know how crazy I am lol. If someone PMs me, it's generally just questions about "well then why are you here??"

I PM you precisely because you're crazy.
:p

Kisaya

I will admit I'm a little sad the idea wasn't brought up in the thread first, mainly because I don't really frequent the Discord chat (nothing against anyone there, I just only use Discord for the staff chat of a freelance site). But, plenty of people use the term GirlGAF when they don't mean the community specifically and instead just mean "girls on GAF". I doubt unsavorys are going to suddenly randomly show up in here now as opposed to before now, and if they do, well... that's what the mods are for.

But GirlGAF shouldn't be used if they're not referring to the community. I own and play tons of games, but no where do I participate in those communities threads and would label myself as a member.

No one comes in here anyway to act like an asshole because they know this community heavily moderated. So my thoughts are, why create a thread and allow that behavior to still exist?

gaiages

Banned
GAQ is literally inviting droves of dating questions and shortcuts on how to deal with women who they don't recognize as people. Why entertain what's becoming 21 Questions with GAF?

In the 8 pages so far I've only seen one offensive seeming question. And some argument about jazz.

I realize what you're getting at here, there's assholes everywhere, but I think we can give the whole of GAF a bit more credit here.

gaiages - love your responses :>

about the thread: bunny, your intentions were good, but i think next time, we should also raise ideas in this thread to include more povs

also, y'all who are taking the time and patience to answer the questions, much respects <3

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
From my perspective: that links it to this thread and this community, which is bigger than the Discord-active group that launched this initiative. Related but not the same. The GirlGAF thread is like a friendly local bar you can pop in and out of. It's chill. It's there when you are there. You can be super active or not.

But not everyone in that shifting community knew about this or thought it was okay or wanted to be linked to it. In a way, presenting the GAQ thread as GirlGAF not only links the two but sanctions it in a way that creates a monolith I doubt any of us want.

GAQ is cool and fine and may end badly or go well. But it's not GirlGAF and we don't want too many strays following us home. Upside is if they have a place to do that, they might be less likely to bug us here now.

Thanks for the responses, I can understand your viewpoint.

Also if you want a blast from the past and to see why I feel so strongly against GAQ: LadyGAF Advises ManGAF

That was a long time ago though, people have changed and Gaf has seemingly got much better with this type of stuff.

NeOak

gaiages - love your responses :>

about the thread: bunny, your intentions were good, but i think next time, we should also raise ideas in this thread to include more povs

also, y'all who are taking the time and patience to answer the questions, much respects <3

YNnNY-Sempai notice me in the GAQ thread

lol

some of these questions are world-fixing tier

wished i had some hot protips to fix those huge issues

monkiki <3

also, ladies, this thread is reaching its limit soon. should we talk about who's going to launch the next OT? i like the last tag (from gaiages) .... it was |OT3| Light the signal, ladies, we've got another live one!

It's funny :D

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
some of these questions are world-fixing tier

wished i had some hot protips to fix those huge issues

monkiki <3

also, ladies, this thread is reaching its limit soon. should we talk about who's going to launch the next OT? i like the last tag (from gaiages) .... it was |OT3| Light the signal, ladies, we've got another live one!

It's funny :D

We mentioned in the Discord that it should be somebody who probably will not get perm'd...which means I am out for the running because my next ban is perma.

monkiki <3

no u

I'm not active enough on the regular to be trusted with the power of an OT.

Thanks. I mean, if I had anything to offer, I would, but I got nothing on dating, clothes, make up, being a normal woman lol. That's not what people are asking questions for haha.

I'm pretty sure I'm not normal at all but I'm answering the shit out of some questions. If we're gonna be held up as representative of "women" then we need diversity.

Media

I wanted to ask a general question, have any of y'all been on high blood pressure medication? Cause I got put on one and let me tell you...it erm...makes things quite a lot more interesting in bed. Like, I swear to God I am nearly getting there from nipple play alone. TMI but yeah. One of the best side effects ever apparently. I should look it up and see if it's a common side effect lol

gaiages

Banned
Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllll something happened that on second thought I shouldn't rant about out in the open

so

I think I'm done answering questions JFC

Zoe

I don't think what you wrote was bad. People should know that posters are taking responses from that thread to PM's.

Top Bottom