• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giro d'Italia 2017 |OT|

I think today's breakaway is exactly the same as yesterday. Look at us sponsors, we're on TV!

Also Orica's Backstage Pass is finally back. They are banned from taking any footage during the race so they are producing one before and one after each stage.

Addnan

The camera work at the end of the stage was horrible. They kept waiting for the entire peloton to pass before going to the front to show the sprint. Commentator losing his mind about the lead out train and can just see the tail end catching up.

Ruruja

Fantasy Giro standings entering the first rest day.

rcQihSa.jpg

Glad Gaviria came through yesterday or I'd have no points at all! Though Dennis lost a heap of time yesterday in the winds so there goes his/my chance for good overall points. Still a chance in the TTs and breakaways.

Addnan

This was tested at 54km/h. At that speed you have not spinned out 53x11. Froome's position still allows stupid pedalling, do the others?

Fonds

Chris Froome‏Verified account
@chrisfroome

Follow
More
Just got rammed on purpose by an impatient driver who followed me onto the pavement! Thankfully I'm okay �� Bike totaled. Driver kept going!

... What the hell is wrong with people.

Hope someone caught the license plate. I was almost knocked off this morning, someone backing out of their driveway looked at me and just kept reversing. Had to slam on the brakes.

The position thing is just aero analysis with some estimate on how centre of gravity in relation to the wheels comes into play. Of course they missed the real GOAT position, The Superman.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
That turn should've have been better marked. The break almost missed it, and the peloton wasn't quite as lucky.

JPKellams

Joined the Velogames league. Also, when will they stop putting big climbs after rest days early in the race. It always ends in a bit of an anti-climax. Chapeau to Jungels though.

FrankCanada97

Cannondale with 4 good climbers in the reduced peloton and only Rolland tried to do something. I still don't get their tactics.

Ruruja

I picked Hugh Carthy in my velo as I was hoping he'd shock a few people and he was in the top group today, but I noticed he is 10mins down already, anybody know what happened? I suppose I only picked him for a surprise stage win anyways, but still.

Loris146

Yeh the man is an Icon. The documentary was heartbreaking.
It's weird though how we idolize him but demonize Armstrong.
I hope time will favour him as well.

I was lucky enough to meet him back in 99. I live in Bologna which is near Cesenatico ( Pantani hometown). He was almost as famous as football players in Italy.

Ewan really needs to work on his positioning, got completely blocked out when they shifted from the left to the right hand side of the road.

FrankCanada97

For a team that's stage hunting, Cannondale isn't really putting much effort into placing a man in a breakaway.

Ruruja

Sunday's stage:
stage_9_profile_670.jpeg

Hopefully some action in the GC at last.

Though stages with just one big climb at the end usually disappoint.

teepo

today's race was excellent with so many attacks down the stretch

poor conti though, he looked to be the dominate rider today

FrankCanada97

I worry that all the GC contenders are just going to watch each other and mark every attack. I don't want to wait until the third week for the race to blow up.

Rest tomorrow so hopefully some action tonight. The Mountain goats will want to put some time into those strong in TTs like Dumoulin.

Joni

Bad fall by the Sky team. The entire team almost gone, Thomas looks hurt.
And damn, what bad quality of Eurosport commentary/image.

Top Bottom