• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giro d'Italia 2017 |OT|

roytheone

FUCK YES. AFTER 37 YEARS! FINALLY! HE FUCKING DID IT!!

Also major props for van Emden for winning the course, but holy shit!

SkylineRKR

Tom is one of the best time trialists in the world and can hold his own against the elite in the mountains. If they build a good team around him, he can likely win a TdF like Wiggins did.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
Amazing tour. Really surprised by Pinot cracking, but what a great race. Chapeau to Tom, may he not end up like Ryder.
Being trapped on a mediocre team, always being positioned in the rear when the peloton splits, being accused of having a motor, before finally fading into obscurity?

Charamiwa

Banned
Congrats to Tom and all the Dutch bros who've been waiting for this for 37 years. French GC is still as dreadful as ever though, with no end in sight. 32 years and counting for a TdF win, 28 for the Giro.

Happy for Dumoulin and the race was beautiful, but man Pinot is depressing...

tba

Great race. One to remember. 5 guys in 2 minutes after 90 hours in the saddle.
I'm also a bit sad because to me Giro consistently has been the best and most entertaining grand tour and this year yet again I cannot imagine TdF and Vuelta to beat it.

Great race. One to remember. 5 guys in 2 minutes after 90 hours in the saddle.
I'm also a bit sad because to me Giro consistently has been the best and most entertaining grand tour and this year yet again I cannot imagine TdF and Vuelta to beat it.

Vuelta is often very entertaining as well. I just looked and 2007 is the last year when the leader finished 2 minutes or more ahead of the number two.

Tour has been nothing but disappointment though these last few years.

Addnan

DA7vxsWXkAA4XFx.jpg:large

robox

became a fan of tom d from this. didn't have him in my pool but was rooting for him anyway. pretty surprised i did so well

Top Bottom