• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Go grey early or go bald late

Artdayne

I'm 35 and luckily full head of hair but I do have a couple sprouts of grey hair popping up. To answer the question, grey hair would be much superior. I mean, going grey means you have options, you can shave your head bald if you have grey hair. You can't have grey hair if you are bald.

zer0das

Banned
Either way is a win for me, I'm already graying and balding in my 30's.

I would prefer gray. Worse things than looking more like Geralt.

Gray, wtf kind of question is this?

I've been balding since my early 20s, and what's left is already turning gray. Bald sucks, you get one hairstyle and it's called bald.

Pennywise

When did grey hair become cool?

It's just way more enjoyable than receding hairlines or going bald, unless you enjoy that.

Hell, I would choose grey already, if I would get those parts back that are gone through receding hairlines.

Just a pain in the ass that when your hair grows to a certain length and the corners just aren't growing while the middle get's long and you look like shit.

I can't even joke about my gf getting more and more grey hair (she's 29, I'm 30), because she got the upper hand in that argument with my receding hairlines.

Two Words

Gray, wtf kind of question is this?

I've been balding since my early 20s, and what's left is already turning gray. Bald sucks, you get one hairstyle and it's called bald.

It's just way more enjoyable than receding hairlines or going bald, unless you enjoy that.

Hell, I would choose grey already, if I would get those parts back that are gone through receding hairlines.

Just a pain in the ass that when your hair grows to a certain length and the corners just aren't growing while the middle get's long and you look like shit.

I can't even joke about my gf getting more and more grey hair (she's 29, I'm 30), because she got the upper hand in that argument with my receding hairlines.

I feel like a lot of people aren't acknowledging that you will be going bald late. I mean, being bald at 30 is very different than being bald at 60.

Rubenov

I started going gray at 16. Almost full gray now at 35. I actually kind of like it.

Edit: Oh fuck is it grey or gray??

bluethree

Are you kidding? Easy choice. I wanna be a silver fox. Have you seen Anderson Cooper?

Yeah this. I mean, I don't exactly want to go grey, but some older guys can pull it off really well compared to going bald.

Still losing my hair in my 50s wouldn't be so bad. Earlier than that, though...

Gray, what kind of question is that? You can shave your head if you want to have the bald look. I say this as a guy that went bald in his early 20s. I only get gray hairs in my beard (and nose, I guess).

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
bourdain-1150x767.jpg

FyreWulff

Of course, I'd like to do the bald look too, but it's so much work and I don't want to deal with risking ingrown hairs on the scalp area

Gray, what kind of question is that? You can shave your head if you want to have the bald look. I say this as a guy that went bald in his early 20s. I only get gray hairs in my beard (and nose, I guess).

I've never had nose hair, sometimes i have to remember that other dudes have nose hair

I've got Reed Richard's hair from Fantastic 4 (brown on top and silver on the sides). It's just hair to me, but I must admit that other people dig it and compliment it quite often.

Omadahl

Banned
Gray. I actually wish I wasn't blond so I could go gray. The men in my family tend to keep their blond hair all the way to death's door.

I once thought I was going bald and had serious depression for a month until a spot grew back in. I actually lost hair after the Trump inauguration but anger has restored it.

DonShula

Thread is full of people who think they'd look like Anderson Cooper but would really look like Mike Pence.

Bald is so much less maintenance.

Two Words

Thread is full of people who think they'd look like Anderson Cooper but would really look like Mike Pence.

Bald is so much less maintenance.

Yeah I am beginning to suspect this. There are definitely people that pull off the early grey hair look very well. But I think a lot of people look pretty strange if their hair were completely grey at a very young age. Plus, Anderson Cooper is 50.

jts

...hate me...
did u kno that

Grey hair is just an illusion created by the mesh of white and black hairs.

Eidan

Balding at 50 is completely expected. Full head of hair until then is blessing, as most of your peers will have lost or started losing it. All gray (not some) at 30 is crazy rare. You're not a silver fox at that age, you're the kid from that Crash Test Dummies song. I'll pass on that.
Yep.

Yeah I am beginning to suspect this. There are definitely people that pull off the early grey hair look very well. But I think a lot of people look pretty strange if their hair were completely grey at a very young age. Plus, Anderson Cooper is 50.
Why? How would they be strange? We're in an age where a metric shitton of people dye and cut their hair in such extreme and wild ways. Only the insecure will have issues, the rest will go about their day.

Top Bottom