• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Go grey early or go bald late

I feel like very few of you are reading all the rules. You will have a full head of hair until 50 and be bald by 60. You are throwing away your prime by getting grey hair now. We are all going to look like shit post 50 anyway.
Having hair is still better than the opposite. There's no comparison here. You can style hair, but you can't do shit when you're bald.

I started going grey in my mid teens (I have dark hair)

Having some silver streaks in my 20's was really cool, I would get a lot of compliments.

Having seen many friends suffer baldness, I think it can strip people of their dignity and have a big impact on confidence. Yes there are a some confident bald guys, but there are also a lot with a real complex about it.

vitacola

Balding since the early twenties. I'm 27 now and buzzing the shit for 2 years. But you learn to live with it. The only thing you learn to hate, is watching out for the sun.

So, erm, if I had the choice, I'd take both options. :)

13ruce

Banned
Gray easily.
I would look like a crazy fucking creep without hair and no i can't grow a awesome beard:p

Also i use my pre procation stuff to prevent baldness: Minox everyday.

As i have dark hair i probably will go gray in my 30s or so.

Eusis

Thank God I'm black and there's no chance of that
Looking like Obama's good!

And to be honest Pence isn't the worst person to look like, it's just that he's a despicable human being but isn't exactly ugly or anything. Might look a bit like GWB though (before leaving office anyway) and that's also not someone I'd really want to look like.

Breakage

Notice a few posters here saying they love their salt and pepper look. Is the salt and pepper look considered to be attractive? I mean don't you guys think it can look harsh and uneven? I'm in that phase at the moment and I'd rather have a head full of grey hair instead of having a mixture of dark and grey hair.

Two Words

Gray easily.
I would look like a crazy fucking creep without hair and no i can't grow a awesome beard:p

Also i use my pre procation stuff to prevent baldness: Minox everyday.

As i have dark hair i probably will go gray in my 30s or so.

See, posts like this feel like they didn't read the OP at all. Who worries about looking like a creep by being bald at 60?

Having hair is still better than the opposite. There's no comparison here. You can style hair, but you can't do shit when you're bald.
What styling are you doing at 60? The comparison is while you are young/fit/attractive still you don't want grey hair to knock you out of 75%+ of potential mates consideration. Once you are 60 everyone is ugly except the luckiest of movie stars.

This isn't even a fair question. I'm assuming this is pointed at men as women generally do not go bald. For men, grey is distinguished.

I mean there were kids in my school that dyed all their hair white or grey. Nobody purposely shaved their head completely.

What styling are you doing at 60? The comparison is while you are young/fit/attractive still you don't want grey hair to knock you out of 75%+ of potential mates consideration. Once you are 60 everyone is ugly except the luckiest of movie stars.
Doesn't matter. Options > no options. Plain and simple lad. Grey hair isn't even a bad look. It's a unique and distinguishing feature as a youngster. Kids due their hair all sorts of technicolors, grey would just be another one.
Also I'm black so I'd still look good at 60 judging by my dad and gpa.

Doesn't matter. Options > no options. Plain and simple lad. Grey hair isn't even a bad look. It's a unique and distinguishing feature as a youngster. Kids due their hair all sorts of technicolors, grey would just be another one.
Also I'm black so I'd still look good at 60 judging by my dad and gpa.
Most of us aren't that lucky :p I say enjoy it while you can.

Most of us aren't that lucky :p I say enjoy it while you can.
Thanks.
Point is, and this thread is evidence, people would rather have hair than not. I'd say the only caveat is as long as it isn't nasty and thinning like Gary Busey or Donald. Even if you're ugly I'd rather be ugly with hair to hide behind than ugly and bald.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I don't even see how this is a question. If you're guaranteed to never lose your hair, you can just constantly dye it.

Grey. Hair dyes might not work in your scenario, but there's shampoo that'll make it look a really snazzy shade of silver. Gentleman like. Ex girlfriend's mother used it on her hair and it looked real nice.

kingocfs

Absolutely grey - I'm 29 and my sides started greying years ago. I used to dye it a week or so after every haircut, but I have just stopped at this point. I am at the acceptance stage.

I also wear hats a lot.

I feel like this is almost a silly question. I started losing my hair at 21 or so and I'm in my late 30's now. While I can't say that being bald has ever really bothered me, I'd have easily taken early grey over this any day of the week.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Meh, didn't phase me really but I was prepared for it because everyone on my mother's side of the family went gray early and my dad went pure white hair before he was 35.

I had a friend who went grey even faster than me. I was at about 20% grey at 22 and he was about 50% grey at 22. He was adopted. He found his birth mother and she claimed that her hair went completely white by 23.

Top Bottom