• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Go grey early or go bald late

AlexBasch

Grey. Look at my picture, my hair or what's left of it it's disgusting. Been thinking of doing a full shave but I'm really overweight, so it's not going to look good. Also grey looks cool as fuck.

My hair situation depresses me a lot.

Bald over grey any day. You're going to look like an old ass man with grey hair. You can just shave it off and grow some facial hair if you're balding.

Nydius

I went grey early and wouldn't change a thing. Seriously, I started getting the stereotypical "salt and pepper" hair look before I was 21. Family history of it. My paternal grandfather went bald late and those 10-12 years where he went from having hair to being bald he was SO self conscious about his hair (and, frankly, it made him always look unkempt).

In reality y'all gray stans would freak out so fucking hard spotting the first ones at age 20

Meh, didn't phase me really but I was prepared for it because everyone on my mother's side of the family went gray early and my dad went pure white hair before he was 35.

Grey is way better. This is such a non-option. Bald looks good on certain head shapes e.g. Michael Jordan, Vin Diesel, Patrick Stewart, but on a lot of other people it doesn't look good e.g. James Avery. The back of the head ends up with these weird folds, or if you have a protruding forehead it can be more pronounced e.g. Johnny Lee miller.

OP really suck at these comparison threads. I remember the last one being completely one-sided too.

On topic: gray, obviously. If I'm tired of it I'll just shave it off, I don't mind a 100% bald look. Fuck combovers, that's gross.

I've been getting grey hair since I was 18. 12 years later and the biggest frustration is that it's still just a load of grey hair and not fully grey, it's sort of slowly getting there and, honestly, I'm happy enough goinh grey.

Grey, too easy! If you had said "Trump yellow" then it'd be bald for sure, but grey is fing cool. I knew a guy that had completely grey/black hair at 20.

Brandson

As a greying, balding male, greying is really no big deal. It can even look better.

At a certain point of hair thinning, you either have to cut it way down or shave it off to maintain your dignity. Once you do that it's not that bad either but you have to be on top of it all the time. And be prepared to wear lots of hats. Getting a sunburn on your head sucks.

I feel like very few of you are reading all the rules. You will have a full head of hair until 50 and be bald by 60. You are throwing away your prime by getting grey hair now. We are all going to look like shit post 50 anyway.

Grey/silver hair looks badass. Just ask this guy:

frank-tzeng-u4-sully-ingame4.jpg

I feel like very few of you are reading all the rules. You will have a full head of hair until 50 and be bald by 60. You are throwing away your prime by getting grey hair now. We are all going to look like shit post 50 anyway.

Or maybe we just want to start our prime early!

The poster child for grey hair has been George Clooney.

They even made a joke about it in Oceans 12 when everyone thought he was 50 when he was 40 due to his grey hair.

Fury451

Banned

Lots of people think gray will look like Anderson Cooper or Clooney. They have got baller facial structure so any hair color looks good for them.

Most people going to wind up like Leslie Nielsen- 70 when he's 35, and look old because early grey is something as hard to pull off as bald.

Grey.

I'm 32 and starting to get grey hair on both sides of my temples, Reed Richards style. The wife says she loves it....so I'm cool with it.

As someone who was balding well before 30, I'd rather have the grey.

Though I've embraced the fully-shaved looked. Sure beats how bad it would look if I kept trying to grow it out.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
At some point i considered dying my hair white\grey, so there's that.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
I started getting that salt-and-pepper look in my mid-twenties

I think it helped my game to be honest, wouldn't change a thing

I don't see how bald at 50 is a compelling alternative in any universe

Catdaddy

In my late 40s and still have a full head of hair and only a few stray gray hairs, most I’ve had for years so they haven’t started multiplying yet, but would take gray any day.

I already started getting greys at 20. Almost 30 and I now have enough that people bring it up frequently.

What I like is that it looks more silver than flat grey. It's got a little shine. Totally down with becoming silver.

Stoze

OP should've bumped the age up to bald at 80-90 just to see if people would actually read the question

Top Bottom