• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God Eater 2: Rage Burst |OT| "We stand defiant"

sensui-tomo

Can anyone explain the "data importation" feature? Can I carry something over from Resurrection to 2? The other way around? What is this feature actually for?

it was there for the japanese games iirc, since they had god eater 2 and other games to import from.

Can anyone explain the "data importation" feature? Can I carry something over from Resurrection to 2? The other way around? What is this feature actually for?

Yea I'm curious about that as well. I want to buy the physical vita because fuck you Bandai NA for not bring it over. If I buy the US ps4 version could I transfer the data from the EU version to the US one?

If I still bought games based on how cool the box art was, this would be day one for me. Never heard of this one, but it looks pretty cool.

desmax

So, I went with the PC version and started with ressurection.

I'm using a DS4 with the DS4Windows, and I noticed that it shows the DS4 buttons, but when I press anything, it switches to the Xbox buttons, and then they come back.

Can I play this without using DS4Windows?

The conversation can be found in an earlier linked tweet, but:

https://twitter.com/BandaiNamcoUS/status/770414120386519040

If you purchase the game after 3PM PST on 8/29, you don't get the preorder DLC, even though the game was scheduled for release on 8/30.
What the FUCK. I was waiting to buy today as we still had one day to buy. And the game on humble bundle is more expensive than on Steam for me. Fucking hell, why release early and not let first day buyers to get the extra stuff?

Uthred

What the FUCK. I was waiting to buy today as we still had one day to buy. And the game on humble bundle is more expensive than on Steam for me. Fucking hell, why release early and not let first day buyers to get the extra stuff?

They should just make the pre-order stuff available to anyone who buys it in the first week.

Corpekata

Banned
So, I went with the PC version and started with ressurection.

I'm using a DS4 with the DS4Windows, and I noticed that it shows the DS4 buttons, but when I press anything, it switches to the Xbox buttons, and then they come back.

Can I play this without using DS4Windows?

Sounds like it. When games do that it's because it thinks there's two controllers and it's flip flopping.

Renkax

No but I find the dev's reasoning for limiting the PS4's framerate is a little suspect because there are cross-play games that run worse on Vita than on PS3/PS4. That's not to mention that not all PC peeps will be playing at the same framerate.

Thank you!:)

manfestival

seems like I am totally missing something here since I am currently on episode 11 of the anime and do not recall seeing many of the aragami shown here.

to buy or not to buy? hmmm

Zukkoyaki

I figured this would be a good place to ask...

How is this game if I want to play solo? I really dug Toukiden because of the superb teammate AI. Could I find a similar experience here?

I figured this would be a good place to ask...

How is this game if I want to play solo? I really dug Toukiden because of the superb teammate AI. Could I find a similar experience here?

It seems like most people play God Eater for the single player (I only did single player for God Eater: Burst on the PSP) since it's really meaty in addition to AI teammates to fill out your squad.

If you're looking for a lengthy single player story then you'll get that here.

Zukkoyaki

It seems like most people play God Eater for the single player (I only did single player for God Eater: Burst on the PSP) since it's really meaty in addition to AI teammates to fill out your squad.

If you're looking for a lengthy single player story then you'll get that here.
Thank you for the reply! And that sounds excellent, I will be looking into getting this sooner than later ^_^

Corpekata

Banned
Is there a current port report? I'm usually weary of some of the PC ports that have been released as of late.

The PC ports are fine. They run at 60 FPS easily, a lot of people will be able to 4k it. I haven't tried it yet but I've heard that KBAM support is actually pretty good too especially in regards to how handling aiming the guns works.

TriAceJP

I had no idea this was coming to PC.

Now that I do know, bought.

Who's in? WHO'S DOING THIS?! WHO'S WITH ME?!

WHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOO?!

Edgeward

Is there any consensus on what the best weapons are, or are they all pretty balanced?

Every weapon has it's advantages and disadvantages. Since they carry different properties in attack type and speed, some work better than others in breaking and/or killing certain monsters. Some monsters move to fast for the slow, heavy weapons, or the breakable part is placed in a inconveinent spot to hit it consistently if your attack speed is low. It's best to learn a handful so you can cover all your bases when tackling missions in case unbounding a limb requires a certain type of weapon.

Zenaku

For anyone who might wonder, from a quick look the game seems to have perfect 3D support. No effect issues, shadows display normally, everything looks great. Still not sure if I should play the JP PS4 versions first, then play PC in 3D with no audio and skipping the cutscenes, or if I should just play the PSP versions on the Oculus.

I'm planning on getting the Vita version so I'll report back if I notice anything like that.

Would recommend checking the options and your TV's settings to see if you have something enabled that muffles certain sounds like my TV used to do.

My friends getting the exact same thing, both download version on PS4

AlanOC91

PC Audio isn't muffled but tthe scenes are sometimes cut in a weird way where the audio ends abruptly.

I noticed that there. There was obviously a few sentences where there are we supposed to be a small break between them (to show character reaction or something) but it just continues straight onto the next sentence and makes them sound a bit weird.

Karak

Uh.....did they fuck up the voices in cutscenes? They sound almost as muffled as Kenny in South Park.

I reviewed it and I had issues on 2 separate PS4s all over with the sound in places. Its pretty god damn bitty as well. Its easily some of the worst sound I have heard in a game.
I just saw some early web reviews and its complained about in every single one of them. Its insanely compressed in places.

For any Aussies/Europeans who bought this on vita does the bonus DLC come as a voucher code with the game or is it a free download on the PSN store like on the U.S PSN?

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Is there any consensus on what the best weapons are, or are they all pretty balanced?

Its not really a best weapon more like what are YOU good with. As playstyles vary. Try out everything and see what clicks with you.

Since the game has slashing, crushing, piercing explosion along with status and elemental damage you can make up for the shortcomings of your melee weapon by crafting bullets with the effects you may want. Such as melee is slash type so you make explosive rounds that deal explosion and crushing damage to break parts which will allow you to deal more damage with your melee weapon.

Mephala

Are there any GaijinHunter weapon guide type videos? The game tells me that my spear does more damage when it is transformed but in the thick of combat I can't really tell if it is or not.

Bought the EU Vita version digitally this morning, and it's a bit weird : this gets you GER on both Vita and PS4, but on the other hand there's no preorder DLC there.
Hey, at least I'll get to cross play GER with my wife.

Tizoc

PC/Laptop users if the FPS isn't at 60 FPS for you, make sure the game is using your NVidia or AMD card. For me it defaulted to the Intel Graphics card, but I managed to make it use my NVidia card and now it runs fine.

Top Bottom