• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War: Ascension (PS3, Series Prequel) - Live stream 8AM PST 4/30

Bloodrage

Banned
untitled-8ymjog.gif
I feared they might go soft after pussies overreacted to the Helios beheading but this is glorious.

Immediately reminded me of

Reapers_02.jpg

Can't wait to see the SP stuff.

Endo Punk

I thought I would play the sexy minigame a few times to see if the maids say something different like in GOW2 where after a while the girls say 'We don't feel degraded at All', lol.

They totally do say something different....
'This is for mature audiences only, parents shouldn't let their kids watch this'. ROFL. Oh SSM.

So err the point is.... oh er if SSM want people to see a more human side to Kratos they better not show him in some sexy mini-game, unless it includes his wife which is perfectly ok and normal.

I thought I would play the sexy minigame a few times to see if the maids say something different like in GOW2 where after a while the girls say 'We don't feel degraded at All', lol.

They totally do say something different....
'This is for mature audiences only, parents shouldn't let their kids watch this'. ROFL. Oh SSM.

So err the point is.... oh er if SSM want people to see a more human side to Kratos they better not show him in some sexy mini-game, unless it includes his wife which is perfectly ok and normal.

Christ, I hope they don't do a love scene with his wife in mini-game format. What a great way to take a potentially humanizing moment and ruin it. God of War should just get rid of the sex mini-game tradition altogether, it's just embarassingly anachronistic.

Big series fan, BTW. All entries played multiple times and loved ;)

The butthurt in this thread continues to impress me:

"Oh they should have not revealed multiplayer yet."

""Oh they should have made a sequel to GOW 3"

"Oh where are the jets?"

It's quite entertaining. Continue.

Didn't he already say the megaclops is like a baby brother to the biggest guys in the game during the live stream? Anyways good to get further confirmation, though I never suspected otherwise. Why would they want to reveal their biggest enemy first? They'll probably leave that one as a secret throughout the entire marketing stretch.

The biggest creatures In God Of War : Ascension will be the
The Centimani or the Hekatonkheires : Gyges, Aigaion and Briareus. They are even BIGGER and creepier than all titans combined, they even fought the gods and titans but were emprisoned. They are the oldest materielased creatures in greek mythology even before the titans because they just descend from Chaos the essence of the universe. Kratos already slayed Gyges in the comicswhen seeking the Ambrosia. So we are left with the other 2. I see why they got rid of Gyges because it is the most difficult to model in 3D with 50 eyes and 100 arms 5take a look at the comics), just he they skipped the Titan Oceanus in GOW3, the one that was supposed to fight against Hermes and then fight will occur on him, but his water animation was too hard. We can also expect to see the last of the gorgon sisters called Stheno, another oppurtunity to see another big creature because she was the eldest and the biggest one among the three. I can't imagine other creatures as big as the titans other than the Centimani.

Honestly, I hope they keep the old climbing system for the SP portion. I personally believe it is much faster and feels a heck of whole lot better than the typical point to point system.

well this is Kratos, maybe his point to point climbing is way farther with less recovery time than Drake in Uncharted

Endo Punk

If half what you said occurs I'll be over the moon. But seeing as how Kratos is going to less powerful it doesn't make sense that he would fight beings more powerful than in the sequels.

You are right. But Kratos fought
Gyges
when he wasn't as powerful as he became in GOW3, he just used a trick and targetted the weak points of the nightmarish creature. . So I hope to see such creatures in the game. I really encourage you to read the comics. They are canon, very epic and have good story and extremely beautiful arts.

If you watch GOW3 making Offs, Stig Asmussen the director, wanted to include
Gyges
in GOW3 but he ran out of time so he suggested to include it in a DLC (that never happened) or in another game (maybe this one). With the overhaul of the engine we can expect that. I asked Todd papy in twitter about that, I am waiting for his answer.

The Centimani or the Hekatonkheires : Gyges, Aigaion and Briareus. They are even BIGGER and creepier than all titans combined, they even fought the gods and titans but were emprisoned. They are the oldest materielased creatures in greek mythology even before the titans because they just descend from Chaos the essence of the universe. Kratos already slayed Gyges in the comicswhen seeking the Ambrosia. So we are left with the other 2. I see why they got rid of Gyges because it is the most difficult to model in 3D with 50 eyes and 100 arms 5take a look at the comics), just he they skipped the Titan Oceanus in GOW3, the one that was supposed to fight against Hermes and then fight will occur on him, but his water animation was too hard. We can also expect to see the last of the gorgon sisters called Stheno, another oppurtunity to see another big creature because she was the eldest and the biggest one among the three. I can't imagine other creatures as big as the titans other than the Centimani.

Sounds great. Any other cool creatures this series hasn't yet touched upon?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair

This would be so awesome.

Endo Punk

Do we need to use spoilers? It's not like we know. Oh well I don't wanna be banned for 10 mins again.

So these Hekatonkheires. Are they feral animals like the Cyclops and other minions or are they like the Titans and can talk?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Do we need to use spoilers? It's not like we know. Oh well I don't wanna be banned for 10 mins again.

So these Hekatonkheires. Are they feral animals like the Cyclops and other minions or are they like the Titans and can talk?
I'd imagine the Hekatonkheires would possess a certain level of intelligence like the Titans, rather than being feral monsters like the Cyclops

Yes there more like the titans, they can talk and are older than them. They even fought a war against the titans and gods to proclaim their supremacy since they are the oldest and biggest creatures directly born from chaos the essence of the universe. Look at the screen I posted and how big Gyges is. He even has the Ambrosia the tree of life on his back. Thye cna even lure you into traps like how Gyges lured Kratos thinking that the tree of life was on in island but turned to be him. He talked to the surprised Kratos and damned him and even tried to swallow him but Kratos escaped with a trick. I have never seen Kratos in such bad shape in the entire series. He was so helpless when chained by Gyges roots and branches.

Endo Punk

I saw the Gyges and I can't imagine such a creature talking, it would just look odd and take away from its nightmarish design. Imagine hearing the Xenomorph talk in the first Alien, you would never be able to take it seriously.

I saw the Gyges and I can't imagine such a creature talking, it would just look odd and take away from its nightmarish design. Imagine hearing the Xenomorph talk in the first Alien, you would never be able to take it seriously.

Lol yeah. But I can imagine a very composed voices combining all the mouths and each mouth bringing the chained Kratos near his eyes and talking to him individually and each mouth ahs a differnt voice changing from the smallest to the biggest one and finally all of them yelling at him at the same time and trying to eat him. This is even creepier than just being silent. Anyway, in the comics Gyges talked to Kratos from different angles and perspectives since the comic is just fixed pictures and has few boxes, it wasn't very clear but you get an impression about what I described. Try to read the comics.

Endo Punk

I may have to hunt down a comic, and seeing as how it's free comic day on May 5th it will be sooner than later. Also that does sound pretty freaky, I guess it could work. And in gameplay form Gyges can be feral beast like in the film The Thing, the creature snaps out of being able to talk and act smart into nightmare fuel.

I may have to hunt down a comic, and seeing as how it's free comic day on May 5th it will be sooner than later. Also that does sound pretty freaky, I guess it could work. And in gameplay form Gyges can be feral beast like in the film The Thing, the creature snaps out of being able to talk and act smart into nightmare fuel.

Yes that sounds pretty freaky. Good luck getting all 6 tomes on comic day, you won't regret it.

Raist

Banned
They are the oldest materielased creatures in greek mythology even before the titans because they just descend from Chaos the essence of the universe.

They're the offspring and Uranus and Gaia, the primordial gods (well only Gaia is according to some), not of chaos itself.

I would love to see a fist fight with Achilles. Although this is unlikely. Since he wouldn't have been born at the time of GOW:A But they could alter some greek myth... facts. :\

Didn't he already say the megaclops is like a baby brother to the biggest guys in the game during the live stream? Anyways good to get further confirmation, though I never suspected otherwise. Why would they want to reveal their biggest enemy first? They'll probably leave that one as a secret throughout the entire marketing stretch.

Actually, Rubenstein asked him how big the megaclops is in comparison to the titans from the previous games, to which Papy replied that he's like a baby brother compared to them.

Here it is.

With developers No always means Yes. He realised we figured out the whole game so didn't give you a straight answer.

Hehe, that's what I understood too. I mean, he said that there creatures in the single player who are bigger than the megalop Polyphemus. By elimination, there are only
the Centimani or the Hekatonkheires
left.

Cesar

Banned
Lighting looks great. So that's Kratos before he got covered in ashes I guess?

Edit: Guess not, but he sure looks like a brown Kratos.

It is DEFINATELY THIS video at 6:58, enjoy !

Did anyone of you notice the design of the new cyclops? Now they look uglier (in a better way) with bumped scales like a crocodile and how Kratos is tearing them into two halves?

Top Bottom