• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God of War Ragnarök | Review Thread

What score do you predict God of War Ragnarök will receive?

• 0-10%

Votes: 5 2.5%
  • 20-10%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 20-30%

• 30-40%

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 50-60%

• 60-70%

• 70-80%

• 80-85%

• 85-90%

Votes: 22 11.1%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • 95%-99%

Votes: 46 23.2%
  • 100%

Votes: 6 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spitfire098

Probably in the 88-92 range. Depends on whether it brings anything new over GOW 2018.

Do those of you voting 95-99 realize how few games get that high? So far this year on Playstation and Xbox only Elden Ring has hit that high. In fact, usually only 1-2 games receive those scores across all platforms every year. The last time a Sony published game received a 95+ on metacritic was 2014 with the Last of Us Remastered.
AsHSc4M.jpg

Fail Fran Healy GIF by Travis

jaysius

Banned
OMG this game getting highly padded 9's and 10s and one single review of 6 with some pretty big and glaring issues is what these people are still going on about.

This is why you shouldn't make a product part of your extremely fragile ego.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Oh of course that goes without saying. Lol

How do you call a game 5 years in the making a quickly brewed DLC and expect to be taken seriously?
Sounds like the dude got too lost in the meme culture. Wonder how he scores all those Korean gatcha clones?

Last edited:

Saber

Lol and some people here got upset when we all speculated this was going to be the obvious contender for GOTY alongside Elden Ring

I still believe in ER though. But damn, those scores are really something. Wouldn't be surprise if GoW beats it without much of difficult.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Draugoth Draugoth Woops I forgot to give you our quote - please add this if you do not mind to the quote list

"It’s safe to say that the PlayStation 4 is going out with a bang. God of War Ragnarok is the last generation swan song and will be remembered as the final masterful sequel to one of the most important Sony franchises in history. God of War Ragnarok will be receiving a final verdict of 10/10. Thank you Sony Santa Monica for putting out a great sequel. I had a great time, and this is a game of the year for me alongside Elden Ring. It’s been quite a while since I’ve been so emotionally attached to a variety of fictional characters. I loved the cut scenes and interactions between every one of them. I think the developers deserve a good rest before they move on to the next-generational leap in the franchise."

Added

Fbh

I still believe in ER though. But damn, those scores are really something. Wouldn't be surprise if GoW beats it without much of difficult.

It could go either way IMO.
Elden Ring was very beloved and made a massive impact (It's still the best selling game of the year). But Ragnarok is more in line with what most game critics like, and it will still be in the "honeymoon" phase when goty voting takes place.

Tripolygon

Banned
And Fortnite makes more money than anything, what's the point?

You can't judge games on GOTY awards, youtube views, or casual metrics. You gotta play them.
I played both games, GOW was better mechanically and gameplaywise. Still haven't finished either games though. RDR 2 is a chore to play but the production quality and share attention to detail is just amazing to behold and the story is one of the best in execution in the industry right alongside TLOU.

Dont forget Death Stranding (83) over RE2 and Sekiro both were over 90. RE2 was 92.

Forza Horizon 5 had a 93 and lost to It takes two (88)
FH5 wasnt nominated for goty. Death stranding was alot more understandable due to how unique it was. A top 10 game for me but many people I know hated it.

Top Bottom