• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Godzilla II: King of the Monsters - Official Trailer 2

Barnabot

Hope this time Godzilla gets more screen time in its own goddamn movie which has its own name labelled in it

Not sure if this is new or just something that a fan clipped together but I love the first trailer with “somewhere over the rainbow” in the background

This looks fucking good, man

Does anyone know of this is truly a new trailer? I saw it in my feed but I don't see it on typical mentions for new trailers. Felt it was worth posting anyway

Yeah.

Either way, the use of music in the two main trailers I watched (the first one, then this one) is awesome and I just love the feel. A lot seems to get spoiled in that new trailer so I will try not to watch more at this point.

I just think it looks GREAT so far.

Shouta

The close ups of the Kaiju are new as a far as I know. I think I saw a 5 min clip someone with that part that someone secretly filmed, lol.

sol_bad

Hope this time Godzilla gets more screen time in its own goddamn movie which has its own name labelled in it

It's pretty typical for Godzilla not to get the majority of screen time in his films. They are always about the stupid humans.

Barnabot

It's pretty typical for Godzilla not to get the majority of screen time in his films. They are always about the stupid humans.
I think that Godzilla (2014) movie had lowered that bar a little bit much, don't you agree? I was practically cheering for Godzilla to accidentally stomp on Ford just to get to see more footage from Godzilla.

Sure but a lot of the Godzilla movies spread out his screen time to make it seem like he’s is in the movie more. 2014 did a poor job of spreading him out evenly throughout the movie. FOr one example when Godzilla FINALLY makes an appearance at the airport we are constantly teased until we see him stand off against the MUTO and they fucking cut away from the fight. Man I can’t tell you how pissed off I was at that moment. Something like that would not happen in a Japanese Godzilla film

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
There's a new trailer that should be coming anytime soon, with a duration of 2 mins and 16 secs (titled as trailer #4)

Meanwhile.....

Godzilla King of Monsters - 5 min IMAX trailer (IMAX extended preview )
MUST SEE!!!

https://lew.la/reddit/clips/bfu3s5.mp4

Holy fucking shit.
Visually this film is looking absolutely spectacular. I need to see those visuals on an IMAX screen! Im gonna get absolutely baked and let the visuals completely overwhelm me. Looks awesome.

etp_1

Not sure if this is new or just something that a fan clipped together but I love the first trailer with “somewhere over the rainbow” in the background

This looks fucking good, man

Woah...the goose bumps in the "somewhere over the rainbow" part is real.

First movie was hard to watch, because of so much human stuff...but I enjoyed every second Godzilla was on screen.

Top Bottom