• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG News and Updates 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
New ad. Their target this time: Gamersgate. I love how aggressive they're being :D

linky!

By the way, that's the Bastion soundtrack on the background at 0:29. It's a stretch, but maybe Bastion will come to GOG?

Sober

I don't. Kinda thought they were above it.
I live in NA but I do agree regional pricing sucks (even though it's weird cause GG is/was owned by Paradox, which is European) for everyone on the other side of the Atlantic. Hell, RPS always makes a fuss about it and other regionalisms in gaming ('no oceans' on the internet messing with launch dates, etc.)

I live in NA but I do agree regional pricing sucks (even though it's weird cause GG is/was owned by Paradox, which is European) for everyone on the other side of the Atlantic. Hell, RPS always makes a fuss about it and other regionalisms in gaming ('no oceans' on the internet messing with launch dates, etc.)

Oh thats great. Beat that drum all you want. And drm free. Awesome. But you don't have to put down your competitors to make you look good. This isn't politics. It's an internet campaign that for the most part only people who are already your fans are going to see (these are only released on their site right?).

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Oh thats great. Beat that drum all you want. And drm free. Awesome. But you don't have to put down your competitors to make you look good. This isn't politics. It's an internet campaign that for the most part only people who are already your fans are going to see (these are only released on their site right?).

Calling out the competition on their scumbag bullshit tactics is completely fine.

wazoo

By the way, that's the Bastion soundtrack on the background at 0:29. It's a stretch, but maybe Bastion will come to GOG?

There was a Machinarium hint on tuesday, so indie games are most surely coming to GOG.

Despite was purists think there are limits to old games that you can sell to a new generation, and beside Lucasarts and some outliers like NOLF and System Shock, they will very soon have to go to now revenue sources if thet want to grow.

Catshade

Preordering indie games coming soon to GOG? This is what happens when you search for 'legend of grimrock' on the GOG forum (thanks to AmadeusHein at the GOG forum for noticing this):

05ba405c6f8f652268e54b7caa9963cfec359dbe.PNG

Binabik15

Yesterday I looked for some games on GOG and I saw Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive. On sale. I've looked through the last couple of pages and saw noone talking about it.

GET

THIS

GAME

FOUR

TIMES

If you don't own it already.

-It's made in Germany
-it is like Commandos (only better, IMO) in the Wild West
-it has cowboys
-and ninja cowboys (well, knife throwing cowboys with facemasks)
-beautiful graphics
-you can divert enemy attention with a fucking monkey or a snake in a bag
-if one your characters enters a house occupied by enemies, there's fighting noise and the goons will fly out of the door or windows (or you die, depending on how many there are)
-it's so hard that beating it will put hair on your mother's chest, but is never unfair*, you just need to figure out what to do

ZugZw.jpg

Your characters are

-A Bruce Willis look-a-like cowboy with a deadly throwing knife, a revolver and a mechanical clock to lure enemies.

-A black freedman with a Winchester, dynamite and a snake. In a bag. Ideal to throw enemies off their horses.

-A sexy seductress with a mini pistol, stare attracting skirt slits and the ability to groin kick enemies that come to hook up with her.

-A blackclad doctor with a sniper revolver, bags full of knockout gas and other tricks. Can turn his coat into a scarecrow of himself.

-A fucking annoying Chinese girl that quotes Confuzius, has a monkey and should shut up, but never does.

-Mid-game spoiler:
A bearlike Mexican bandit leader, able to carry two knocked out/dead guys at once, can clear out houses full of goons and kills people with his double-barrel sawn-off shotgun or gatling guns he can pick up off the map and wreak havoc with.

Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President solve the case of train robberies?

Damn, if I can get my copy to run I will make a RTTP thread to let all of GAF bask in the glory of this game.

*Maybe this time I'll manage to beat the level before the boss without cheating. But it's broken. Rest of the game is awesome, though.

Kurtofan

Is there a way to make a dialogue oriented character in Fallout?

When should I stop dumping points into Speech to get all the high speech options?Right now I'm at 200%
I put points into Science and Repair too.

I got three companions who do the fighting for me.

Perkel

Banned
Is there a way to make a dialogue oriented character in Fallout?

When should I stop dumping points into Speech to get all the high speech options?Right now I'm at 200%
I put points into Science and Repair too.

I got three companions who do the fighting for me.

yes, in both games. You should drop speach near 100-130. Above that there is nothing that improve something.

Yesterday I looked for some games on GOG and I saw Desperados: Wanted Dead or Alive. On sale. I've looked through the last couple of pages and saw noone talking about it.

GET

THIS

GAME

FOUR

TIMES

If you don't own it already.

-It's made in Germany
-it is like Commandos (only better, IMO) in the Wild West
-it has cowboys
-and ninja cowboys (well, knife throwing cowboys with facemasks)
-beautiful graphics
-you can divert enemy attention with a fucking monkey or a snake in a bag
-if one your characters enters a house occupied by enemies, there's fighting noise and the goons will fly out of the door or windows (or you die, depending on how many there are)
-it's so hard that beating it will put hair on your mother's chest, but is never unfair*, you just need to figure out what to do

ZugZw.jpg

Your characters are

-A Bruce Willis look-a-like cowboy with a deadly throwing knife, a revolver and a mechanical clock to lure enemies.

-A black freedman with a Winchester, dynamite and a snake. In a bag. Ideal to throw enemies off their horses.

-A sexy seductress with a mini pistol, stare attracting skirt slits and the ability to groin kick enemies that come to hook up with her.

-A blackclad doctor with a sniper revolver, bags full of knockout gas and other tricks. Can turn his coat into a scarecrow of himself.

-A fucking annoying Chinese girl that quotes Confuzius, has a monkey and should shut up, but never does.

-Mid-game spoiler:
A bearlike Mexican bandit leader, able to carry two knocked out/dead guys at once, can clear out houses full of goons and kills people with his double-barrel sawn-off shotgun or gatling guns he can pick up off the map and wreak havoc with.

Are you a bad enough dude to rescue the President solve the case of train robberies?

Damn, if I can get my copy to run I will make a RTTP thread to let all of GAF bask in the glory of this game.

*Maybe this time I'll manage to beat the level before the boss without cheating. But it's broken. Rest of the game is awesome, though.

great post. desperados is fuck awesome

Preordering indie games coming soon to GOG? This is what happens when you search for 'legend of grimrock' on the GOG forum (thanks to AmadeusHein at the GOG forum for noticing this):

05ba405c6f8f652268e54b7caa9963cfec359dbe.PNG

cool. grimrock is a lock

The third spot is up. Here.
Seems to be aimed at Gamestop this time. Also the guy seems to be wearing World in Conflict t-shirt.

yeah, they all mention something close to an existing service/company thing, by name. but all of the videos go for pretty much all of the.. they all work for at least steam and gamersgate. or, apart from the blue coins. that's super specific. hehe

edit: oh and he is on gamefly site.

zkylon

zkylewd
GameFly got it easy because there really isn't anything wrong with delivering "just" the game. Would be cool if the GNGs came with soundtracks and artbooks too. I've grown pretty attached to my Steam account but if the new games come as packed as the old ones I don't see how I could keep buying on Steam (on exception of the sales frenzies, ofc)

Perkel

Banned
Jesus, how many hit points do Deathclaws have?Can I just lie to the Gun Runners?

Stealth, pickpocket deathclaw, turn on bomb, give deathclaw bomb, stealth out of place, watch as deathclaw blow up. Deathclaw lies on ground. Dathclaw stand up. deathclaw lives.

me:

images

Miniguns, rockets, granades, holy handgranade, Snipe in eyes. are viable options.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
I think that recommendation is worth a bold for Desperadoes. Also someone needs to update the complete list.

Kurtofan

Stealth, pickpocket deathclaw, turn on bomb, give deathclaw bomb, stealth out of place, watch as deathclaw blow up. Deathclaw lies on ground. Dathclaw stand up. deathclaw lives.

me:

https://encrypted-tbn2.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTTG0Bqf-F35REGP8LzWkPO8Slg1t51TrFAhsCNAjGb1uRwVa_FaG]

Miniguns, rockets, granades, holy handgranade, Snipe in eyes. are viable options.[/QUOTE]

Being good is hard in Fallout it seems :( I'd have an easier time killing the Blades.

zkylon

zkylewd
Last spot up. Here.

Confirms what we all thought, newer games for everyone.
By jove! How smashing! Loved that part.

I wonder what they mean with new games. I think they'll raise the year limit to 2008, 2009 tops. Don't think they want to go head to head against Steam, even if they're taking shots at it on their ads.

androvsky

I wonder what they mean with new games. I think they'll raise the year limit to 2008, 2009 tops. Don't think they want to go head to head against Steam, even if they're taking shots at it on their ads.

I doubt there's a year limit. It's probably whatever they can get their hands on, which for larger publishers will still be older games, since they still insist on not having DRM. They'll probably get much newer indie titles though.

Lafazar

It's probably gonna be mostly indie games, not that there's anything wrong with that considering the quality and originality the indie scene has been providing so far.

I would be amazed if actually some of the big names were to publish their new games without DRM on GOG. At the very least I applaud GOG for their efforts in this direction.

I think that recommendation is worth a bold for Desperadoes. Also someone needs to update the complete list.
I could make a similar style of list for Star Control 3, yet I doubt anyone would want that bolded.

Desperados is worse than Commandos 2. All the Commandos-style games are worse than Commandos 2, except maybe Commandos 1, and C1 succumbs to poor gameplay by the end (the less said about the expansion, the better), unless you consider having to quicksave before literally any action to be good gameplay. C2, for whatever reason, was iirc the only game that seemed to avoid turning rigid in its solutions (even though it still approaches this).

Yaska

Well think the World in Conflict shirt that the guy wore in yesterday's ad gives atleast some direction (wasn't that game released in 2007?)

zkylon

zkylewd
Well think the World in Conflict shirt that the guy wore in yesterday's ad gives atleast some direction (wasn't that game released in 2007?)
Yeah, that and the Bastion music could be a hint of 2011 indie games. Machinarium was released on 09, too.

Very excited about this!

they mean games that aren't out yet, like legend of grimrock. think so

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom