• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG | News and Updates 2017 - Back to the basics

ricki42

Anyone else getting free broken sword OST notifications for the games from the franchise they own? Never had GOG send emails for added content to existing subs in the past.

Got an email as well. From their forum
GOG said:
Unfortunately, as per the developer’s request, we will be removing the OSTs from a few Broken Sword games from GOG in the next couple days. The OSTs for Broken Sword: Director’s Cut and Broken Sword 4: The Angel of Death have so far been a part of bonus content with the respective games, but will now (most likely) be sold separately. If you’ve bought either/both of the games, the OSTs will automatically be removed as bonus content from your library and replaced by separate products.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
If their Wayforward-developed stuff disappears, that's a real loss. A Boy and His Blob and Bloodrayne Betrayal are totally worth having.

MrFortyFive

Just realized I have codes for Expeditions Conquistador and Victor Vran from the Fall sale that expire tomorrow. Quote to see them.

Edit: All gone

Persona7

Banned
Pony Island disappeared today for some reason. Thought I bought it but it was on my wishlist. I might own it on another platform.

Coreda

Pony Island disappeared today for some reason. Thought I bought it but it was on my wishlist. I might own it on another platform.

Odd. No announcements, or mentions on Twitter/elsewhere from what I can see. In the GOG forum thread about this (the official sub-forum is empty) one poster mentions there were 'plenty of hints', any idea what they are referring to?

MrFortyFive

Got a few more GOG freebie codes I'm not going to use, so someone here might as well have some fun with them. Quote to see:

Neverwinter Nights Diamond
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut -Taken
Stasis -Taken

Coreda

1849 appears to be a case where GOG accepted it based on its general appearance, yet according to the one star reviews it's a straight iOS port with no PC-specific settings such as key re-bindings or camera rotation, sold at a vastly inflated price.

Despite approving a poorly reviewed iOS port they'll still reject other PC-only games like Concrete Jungle. Only seems to confirm they're curating their library based on appearances alone. If the graphics hint at anything mobile-like—even if they're not, and have highly positive reviews—they appear to be rejected.

Guess it's to be expected. On the one hand I'm not greatest fan of graphics that give off a mobile-like impression either so IDK. They're curating a 'look' and I can respect that but given some of the duds they approve the process is questionable.

Knurek

Despite approving a poorly reviewed iOS port they'll still reject other PC-only games like Concrete Jungle. Only seems to confirm they're curating their library based on appearances alone. If the graphics hint at anything mobile-like—even if they're not, and have highly positive reviews—they appear to be rejected.

Guess it's to be expected. On the one hand I'm not greatest fan of graphics that give off a mobile-like impression either so IDK. They're curating a 'look' and I can respect that but given some of the duds they approve the process is questionable.

Nothing they will do in the future will top their rejecting Cook, Serve, Delicious for being 'too casual'.

Coreda

Nothing they will do in the future will top their rejecting Cook, Serve, Delicious for being 'too casual'.

I'm now convinced it was a purely stylistic decision, as in the case above. Had the game featured more detailed graphics (not that it needs to) and a UI that looked more along the lines of other titles there I could see it being approved.

Look at VA-11 HALL-A, what is essentially a drink mixing game with dialog. I'd bet that if the graphics were in the style of CSD it too might have been judged unfairly but with the (excellent) 16-bit pixel stylings it fits right in with GOG's general curated selection.

gabbo

New Disney games have been added:

Tron 2.0

4Qt9VzK.gif

MrFortyFive

It also has a SHARK GUN
A SHARK GUN!

I've only put a few minutes into that game so far but that shark gun is pretty gratifying.

Also picked up Arx Fatalis despite swearing to myself that I was done with sales for the year. It's been on my wishlist since I first joined GOG and it's the first time it's been on sale in four years. Anyone know anything I should do and/or avoid before I jump in?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sweet, I've been waiting so long for Arx Fatalis to go on sale on GOG not just on Steam.

Coreda

Race Driver: GRID is being removed from GOG December 31st so they're having an 80% discount sale.

Good game? The GAF impressions at the time seem to be very negative yet others think it's great. ʅ(❛ -❛ )ʃ

Danny Dudekisser

Race Driver: GRID is being removed from GOG December 31st so they're having an 80% discount sale.

Good game? The GAF impressions at the time seem to be very negative yet others think it's great. ʅ(❛ -❛ )ʃ

It's a great game. GRID 2 isn't, but GRID definitely is.

This doesn't exactly bode well for Dirt 3 coming to GOG, though :(

Tizoc

Woah
CALADRIUS BLAZE, a Shoot'em-up is releasing on GOG. Can we start seeing Degica and Cave games on there too?
https://www.gog.com/game/caladrius_blaze

If the art is familiar than it's because the same artist did the art for the NDS/3DS Devil Survivor series, who in turn was the main artist in the recent Digimon games.

Danny Dudekisser

Cool that Caladrius is coming out on GOG -- people did some digging a while back and suspected it was on the way, but it's nice to have confirmation.

Only question now is how the PC port compares to the PS4 version.

MrFortyFive

So the launch of Gamepump has been a bit of a cluster, but they announced today (along with the delay) that you'll have the option to claim your games on GOG.

Lastly, we're excited to announce that we've been working with GOG.com to ensure that every game that appears in the GAMEPUMP service will be available first on GOG.com as a DRM-FREE version of the game. Subscribers will now have the option to redeem their DRM-FREE GOG.com version of the game by default and will be given the option to forfeit their DRM-FREE copy in exchange for a STEAM key (once available on STEAM).

So assuming the service doesn't go belly up before it manages to launch, you could theoretically get 13 new to PC games on GOG for $20.

The first game has been confirmed to be Wayforward's Lit:

Trailer 1
Trailer 2

Danny Dudekisser

If GamePump is releasing games on GOG, too, then I'm interested.

Though, as much as I love WayForward, that first entry doesn't seem too inspiring.

Top Bottom