• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GOG | News and Updates 2017 - Back to the basics

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Rare case of a retro game being available on steam for forever before coming to GOG, usually the reverse is true.

Tachyon is great, definitely worth a go for any space sim fans, also worth a go for Bruce Campbell fans.

KainXVIII

Jawmuncher alert!
At last some old game released - Lost Eden on GoG, nice!
Lost Eden, a first-person adventure in a world full of sentient dinosaurs and ancient legends is available now, DRM-free on GOG.com.

This one dates back to the glory days of adventure games, when stories were bizarre, characters were intriguing, and dinosaurs still walked the earth. In the world of Lost Eden, humans and dinos lead an uneasy co-existence, while the tyrannical Moorkus Rex prepares a final assault on the last standing Citadel. Amidst the strife and despair, Adam of Mo must search for the secret of his grandfather, the only man who held the key to uniting the two species and bringing prosperity to the land. Talking pterodactyls, comely ladies, peculiar creatures, blood-thirsty villains, world-changing revelations hidden in our hero's bloodline - this epic fantasy has it all! Can you solve the puzzles, navigate the strange encounters, and leave your mark upon this Lost Eden?
https://www.gog.com/game/lost_eden

Catshade

Jawmuncher alert!
At last some old game released - Lost Eden on GoG, nice!

https://www.gog.com/game/lost_eden

Jawmuncher alert, indeed...

f02159d2175c8f4f17d68f4d5347e598bdd60085a127cdb665a0b38eaf09d519_product_card_screenshot_600.jpg

3/5 stars, which by GOG standards means this game must be traaaaaaaaaash

Kinda curious what its problem is to have caused the low score?

Tizoc

EDIT: Tokyo Xanadu is coming to Steam and will be the latest ver. that released in Japan being TX Ex+
No word on GOG release sadly :/

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
EDIT: Tokyo Xanadu is coming to Steam and will be the latest ver. that released in Japan being TX Ex+
No word on GOG release sadly :/

I'm kinda on the fence about the PC version until we know who did the port, but yeah, it needs to come to GOG regardless. The store's established enough now that smaller publishers like Aksys not being on there is just stupid.

Aaaanyway, you guys see that Little Nightmares got listed on GOG today? Game looks like junk, but the publisher is Bandai Fucking Namco. I want this to be the start of big things.

(ie: Dark Souls)

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm kinda on the fence about the PC version until we know who did the port, but yeah, it needs to come to GOG regardless. The store's established enough now that smaller publishers like Aksys not being on there is just stupid.

Aaaanyway, you guys see that Little Nightmares got listed on GOG today? Game looks like junk, but the publisher is Bandai Fucking Namco. I want this to be the start of big things.

(ie: Dark Souls)

Played it at Gamescom, it's a fun little physics puzzle platformer with great atmosphere in all the best ways from what I played, but don't think it'll be the next Souls, it's not gonna be that at all :)

MrFortyFive

Well it took them a year and some change, but Hypderdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 and 3 are on GOG. How is the series? I played a little of the original on the PS3 and couldn't get into it, but I heard the Re;Birth version was much improved.

Tizoc

Well it took them a year and some change, but Hypderdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2 and 3 are on GOG. How is the series? I played a little of the original on the PS3 and couldn't get into it, but I heard the Re;Birth version was much improved.
They are jrpg as all get out
The humor is pretty dry in that they blatantly make tropey jokes anout the genre and references to comics and shows

JakeD

i was just able to log into GOG (browser and galaxy) on my new computer without a 2 step code. it's currently enabled in my account. anybody else experience this?

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Preorder page for Torment went up and... holy shit, this is out on 2/28? How the fuck am I expected to play all these good games that are coming out right now?

Gonna be a fun year :)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Preorder page for Torment went up and... holy shit, this is out on 2/28? How the fuck am I expected to play all these good games that are coming out right now?

Gonna be a fun year :)
Same. I saw some great deals on some games but then I was like "I haven't finished Witcher 3 and Yooka-Laylee is about to come out then Cosmic Star Heroine a bit later" I just don't have time for games like I used to. Gotta get all selective and let some great-looking titles fall off the end. Can't have/experience it all. Such is life.

Same. I saw some great deals on some games but then I was like "I haven't finished Witcher 3 and Yooka-Laylee is about to come out then Cosmic Star Heroine a bit later" I just don't have time for games like I used to. Gotta get all selective and let some great-looking titles fall off the end. Can't have/experience it all. Such is life.

How is that yooka game? Is it like banjo kazooie?

Sakwoff

Sierra Classic Freddy Pharkas: Frontier Pharmacist was released a few days ago. I'm ashamed this was not mentioned here :p

Game is great, one of the games I personally wishlisted on GOG's site.

The game is great, exept for two pretty big flaws: first the prescription stuff. Pretty annoying way to do copy protection, and you have to do that way more than necessary. Also later on there is a hidden timer section (
horse farts
) that can be quite nasty on first playthrough, but eh. It's Sierra, you kinda always have to expect something like that. (Have multiple saves!)

Otherwise it's a great adventure game.

KainXVIII

The game is great, exept for two pretty big flaws: first the prescription stuff. Pretty annoying way to do copy protection, and you have to do that way more than necessary. Also later on there is a hidden timer section (
horse farts
) that can be quite nasty on first playthrough, but eh. It's Sierra, you kinda always have to expect something like that. (Have multiple saves!)

Otherwise it's a great adventure game.

Is there subtitles+voice option in GoG version?

With CD Projects market value growing, this bodes well for GOG right? Do you think this will get the big publishers attention for more possible support?

O.DOGG

With CD Projects market value growing, this bodes well for GOG right? Do you think this will get the big publishers attention for more possible support?

I hope so. There has been a huge number of titles that need to find their way to GOG, and hopefully this will improve the chances.

Dice

Yet for the ones where DRM and licensing aren't the main issue, GOG getting bigger does mean that they will have the resources to better help publishers
with their laziness
on the technical side of getting their games compatible with new PCs.

Accoun

Bah, I hoped for VA-11 Hall-A. Missed out on the last sale and have exactly enough money in my GOG wallet to buy it for the price during that sale. Would probably fit the valentines theme too.

Linkark07

Banned
Hmmm, some nice games like Darkest Dungeon or Grim Fadango. Also pondering if I should get Syberia.

Also, I almost fell of my chair after seeing I have more items you own from the list than items you don't own. And yet I have only played to completion like 3 or 4 :(

Dice

IMO Syberia is pretty rough on the technical side of things to the point it impedes on immersion. As someone with like 200 adventure games, I can tell you it is a rich genre right now and there are better options to spend your time on and they come up for cheap as well plenty often.

Grim Dawn is outstanding if you like Diablo style ARPGs. No one does the genre better.

Linkark07

Banned
Ok. Gonna skip Syberia for now.

About Grim Dawn. While I find the game interesting and the production values are high, the repetition kills me. Stopped playing in Act 4, I think.

Tizoc

Are the two Vampire Bloodlines games on GOG worth getting? Well I know Masq. is good but what about the other game?

Top Bottom