• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goldeneye Wii Discussion

LCGeek

formerly sane
Dragmire said:
Some of the environments look good but I think Wii can do better. If this is a good and modernized port, I might bite. Though I looked up videos of Goldeneye Source and I can't tell which looks better...

GE:S Beta 4

Though none of the source attempts at ge play like it at all the damage, speed, and feeling are far more fast than they should be.

Solo

The Blue Jihad said:
You know, for someone with
244umuq.jpg
as their avatar, you should be even more frustrated by Activision's pathetic attempt at cashing in on a game they've never been able to match.

Its a videogame, not some canon cash-in to the movie franchise. So, let them whore it out. The more Bond games, the better. If its half as fun as Goldeneye for the N64, then it will have been worth it.

Lettuce

Am i the only one who thinks this is a really bad idea!? No way will it be half as good as the original goldeneye (or half as good as you remember goldeneye being). They should just leave the game in the past and let us have our memorys of how good it was, instead of ruining it all by releasing this

Donnie

Mikey Jr. said:
Ok, I saw it.

Umm, that did not look like Goldeneye at all. The RARE version looked way better, not because of graphics, just the style. Mehh, I dont have a wii anyways, so what do I give a shit.

You musn't have played the original that much? This game couldn't look more like Goldeneye unless they just re-released the original. It looks like they took the original and pumped up the polygon counts, increased the texture quality and improved the filtering and particals. Probably why some of the thicko's on here think it doesn't look any better then the original despite it being in a totally different generation graphically, because they've kept the visual style almost exactly like the original.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
outunderthestars said:
Not to start a flamewar, but is it really a bad thing to want to play a game, but not have to use the Wii? I'd really like to own this game, but cannot stand the Wii controls. Does that make me a fanboy?

The cards are dealt where they're dealt. Unless you own every console, there are going to be games on consoles you don't own that you want. There's nothing wrong with expressing that, and there's nothing wrong with grumbling about it.

But things are the way they are, and complaining about the platform choices for a game contributes absolutely nothing to a discussion and fans the flames of console wars garbage.

If you want GoldenEye, it's on the Wii. If you don't like the Wii and aren't willing to buy one, you're not going to get GoldenEye. C'est la vie.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I hope to hell this stays away from Nintendo's event.

WillyFive

Looks good for those who like shooters.

Medalion said:
Nintendo would be hella stupid to not include even a brief mention of this game at their press conference reel...

Yeah, it looks like it was meant to be in a trailer montage somewhere.

Penguin

I'll get this game because I'm a Bond whore, I like Craig, and well I'm a Bond whore.

Also with no movie in sight, I need my Bond fix.

Though I would also say as I always say, the best Bond game is Everything or Nothing.

Branduil

Developers need to learn how to use rim lighting and embm like in Galaxy. It really helps to make graphics on the Wii that pop.

Solo

Penguin said:
Also with no movie in sight, I need my Bond fix.

This. Totally this. We could be in for a DAD --> CR 4 year hiatus, or god forbid, a LTK --> GE 6 year haitus, if MGM doesnt get its problems solved soon.

A new GE game will ease some of that pain.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
EmCeeGramr said:
Reggie will mention "a legendary game" returning and then talk over 15 seconds of soundless footage.

Nintendo will troll everyone, using clever wording to make people think its Zelda, then reveal this shit.

Rich!

Ridley327 said:
There are exactly two things worth mentioning about with regards to A View to a Kill and this is one of them.

::hi-five::

And the other of course being Christopher Walken.

The rest sucks. Hard.

Banned
Lettuce said:
Am i the only one who thinks this is a really bad idea!? No way will it be half as good as the original goldeneye (or half as good as you remember goldeneye being). They should just leave the game in the past and let us have our memorys of how good it was, instead of ruining it all by releasing this
They are going to ruin it by releasing good games?

LOS ANGELES – Performance Designed Products LLC (“PDP”), a worldwide leader in the videogame accessory market, today announced the upcoming launch of the first licensed online chat headset for the Wii™. PDP’s Headbanger® Headset brings online headset chat to Wii for the first time. When used with compatible games, players will be able to send voice messages, converse online, and chat simultaneously in real time.

“We’re delighted to be working with Nintendo to create this exciting product,” commented Tom Roberts, Senior Executive VP and Chief Technology Officer at PDP. “This important project is a testament to our engineers’ software and hardware expertise. We look forward to working with developers and publishers across the world to bring their players a new way to chat online using their Wii consoles.”

Steve Singer, Nintendo’s Vice President of Licensing, added “PDP has shown its ability to create innovative peripherals that meet the high quality expected from a Nintendo licensed product. We are pleased to partner with them as an official licensee for both Wii and Nintendo DS accessories.”
Among the first titles to be supporting the new headset are Sega’s Conduit 2, a science fiction military FPS with co-op and competitive online multi-player game play.
“Being able to bring headset network chat to Conduit 2 on Wii is a huge win for us, and for Wii gamers,” said Eric Nofsinger, Chief Creative Officer at High Voltage Software. “By incorporating the new Wii compatible headset into Conduit 2, we are able to immerse gamers into the action like never before. The microphone allows for crystal-clear communication to your Conduit 2 friends and foes alike.”
PDP’s Headbanger® Headset for Wii is anticipated to be at retailers across North America and Europe by October 2010.
Features:
• Seamless, high-quality online chat for Wii gamers
• High-quality, noise cancelling microphone and earpiece
• Usable on either ear with no need for adjustment
• Aesthetically matched to the Wii console and accessories
• Mute button and volume control integrated into earpiece
• LED indicators for system live and mute functions
• Adjustable, flexible microphone boom for maximum comfort
• Fully licensed by Nintendo
MSRP: $24.99

REALLY!?
This deserves a new thread, if one hasn't been made already.

richisawesome said:
You know what this game could do to really improve on the original?

A decent 'Streets/Tank' level.
The two seconds I saw in the trailer looked pretty cool so there's hope. I hope they bring back the tank on Runway. Wait fuck that, give us that dirtbike! It was planned in the original, so.

Solo

richisawesome said:
Forgot to mention Barry - but he's a given. Every one of his soundtracks is absolute gold. Actually, I think I'm gonna go listen to OHMSS right now.

Barry was as much a part of Bond as Fleming and Connery were, in my eyes. He left on a high note though - his last score (The Living Daylights) was his best.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35DP_0zTwK0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh7k0Bu4Hhc&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyUw2vrMIm8&feature=related

richisawesome said:
You know what this game could do to really improve on the original?

A decent 'Streets/Tank' level.

As long as they keep intact the screams of the soldiers when you run over them with the tanks and the squishy bug noise.

markot

Banned
Gilby said:
I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that there's an unlockable brosnan skin. Don't worry too much about it.
Thats not the point...

Its like them doing a Goldfinger game, and replacing Connery with Craig >.<

Plus, I liked Brosnan! He is so much cooler and 'Bondier' then Craig....

Alex

The visuals don't look bad at all. The special effects are nice for the Wii. I'm still not interested because unless they overhaul it it'll be a very antiqued game, and if they do, everyone will bitch :lol

But it does look OK, IMO. Kudos, especially if its cheap like that.

Blader

Not sure how to feel about this. The trailer confused me -- why are they adding new features and character models/voices, but keeping the graphics the same? I don't understand. :lol

Stitch

Gold Member
Branduil said:
Developers need to learn how to use rim lighting and embm like in Galaxy. It really helps to make graphics on the Wii that pop.
this! THIS!!! goddammit
i wouldn't even care if they would put this in every game. it just makes the graphics so much more appealing.

oh well, some scenes looked really cool though.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
-Yeti said:
I will choose to not deal with it. RAGE!

In all seriousness, I am a bit disappointed, but at least it gives me a reason to unpack my Wii.

GAF has had many threads on why the Wii does not need to collect dust

chief among them should be
S&P2
TVC
SMG2
NSMBWii

and if you like COD Reflex..

Instro

Blader5489 said:
Not sure how to feel about this. The trailer confused me -- why are they adding new features and character models/voices, but keeping the graphics the same? I don't understand. :lol

Oh come on now.

NGAMER9

Ah, I remember spending hours on this game, mainly multiplayer with friends. Even mines only was awesome. And now that they've confirmed split-screen multiplayer, this is so bought. :D

Blader

Instro said:
Oh come on now.

What?

edit - wait, are the graphics actually updated from the N64 version? Because it sure doesn't look like it in the trailer, but maybe it was just a shitty video.

Top Bottom