• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goldeneye Wii Discussion

markot

Banned
Anticitizen One said:
um didn't EA already make an attempt at cashing in on Goldeneye with the game "Goldeneye:Rogue Agent".
That was a new game that used the name, this is a remake of the old one.

About some guy with a golden eye literally I think >.> (The EA one >.<)

jufonuk said:
GAF has had many threads on why the Wii does not need to collect dust

chief among them should be
S&P2
TVC
SMG2
NSMBWii

and if you like COD Reflex..

Seriously, this is useless. It's the same thing every thread. Game is Wii exclusive:

"Oh, I sold my Wii. I have to buy a new one. :("

"Haven't played my Wii since Twilight Princess. Nobody's released anything interesting."

"Good. I needed a reason to dust off my Wii. Oh wait, I lent it to my friend so he can use it to prop up his broken chair."

"Why is this on Wii? I can't stand Wii controls. The Conduit was too precise for me. I need dual analog."

"This game looks awesome! $20 XBLA/PSN port plz."

GAF can make a thread to point out the underappreciated games or critically acclaimed titles on Wii, but unless someone actively wants to appreciate the games, they won't.

Blader

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He probably meant your response was hyperbolically unoriginal slightly.

I edited my post. Maybe it was just a shitty video, but that trailer did not look like Wii graphics at all to me.

Alex

Those visuals are massively upgraded, it looks pretty high end compared to what I expected. Lots of good environmental effects and explosions and animation is solid.

This is the trailer:

http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=14mb8k9&s=6

This is Goldeneye N64

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06JHdZddfL4

chief among them should be
S&P2
TVC
SMG2
NSMBWii

and if you like COD Reflex..

People have different tastes though. I've enjoyed one thing on your list, Galaxy 2 (I would have liked NSMB if the multiplayer wasnt so abysmal), although I'd supplant others with Shiren, Monster Hunter and Trauma Team, which I did enjoy

And no one likes COD Reflex! If they do and are not bankrupt, they have a machine that has Modern Warfare games on it.

Though if you dont enjoy ANY of this stuff between your and my posts, I dunno why you wouldn't just sell off your Wii, but I'm not a collector so I fund new purchases with old platforms and titles that I dont feel are pulling their weight.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Freezie KO said:
GAF can make a thread to point out the underappreciated games or critically acclaimed titles on Wii, but unless someone actively wants to appreciate the games, they won't.

I agree with this 100%, jsut trying to shed some light and maybe convert someone, but it was not meant to be I am failed :(

Alex said:
And no one likes COD Reflex! If they do and are not bankrupt, they have a machine that has Modern Warfare games on it.

I prefer it, but, you know, I like being able to aim in my shooters.

jufonuk said:
I agree with this 100%, jsut trying to shed some light and maybe convert someone, but it was not meant to be I am failed :(

There, there. You did your best. Valiant effort.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Freezie KO said:
There, there. You did your best. Valiant effort.

goes to the alter of Iwata and Miyamoto, "i have failed my masters"
picks up the Wii mote and slashes my wrists

Crane shot up.....

"REGGIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"

on Topic now:

I am looking forward to this please do not be a random hoax cooked up by IGN

Jon

This is going to destroy any good feelings I had about the first game. Why not just let classic games be classic games?

Jon said:
This is going to destroy any good feelings I had about the first game. Why not just let classic games be classic games?

Maybe because any current game with the name Goldeneye is going to make everyone want a similar game as its namesake; otherwise, they wouldn't give a shit about this game.

At least the developers are trying to recapture that glory.

Blader5489 said:
What?

edit - wait, are the graphics actually updated from the N64 version? Because it sure doesn't look like it in the trailer, but maybe it was just a shitty video.

24nmu1d.jpg

29fuzwx.jpg

408652-crate_goldeneye.jpg

2ce46pz.jpg

272640-goldeneye.jpg

28b7d5c.jpg

272646-nge_2.jpg

akac8m.jpg

I CAN'T TELL THE DIFFERENCE GUYS

i would have gotten the tank but there as that big explosion so no good screencap of that

but here's n64 streets to jog your memory:
272647-nge_3.jpg

Solo said:
Its a videogame, not some canon cash-in to the movie franchise. So, let them whore it out. The more Bond games, the better. If its half as fun as Goldeneye for the N64, then it will have been worth it.

Eh, thing is, we haven't had a decent Bond game since GE64. Oh, no, scratch that. Everything or Nothing was phenomenal, too. Outside of those two games, it's been horridly underwhelming. Even Activision's Quantum of Solace was mediocre. It could never decide if it wanted to be first or third person and suffered for it. The transition from regular gameplay to cover was awkward. Pacing was all over the place.

And Rogue Agent was, well...it was uneven. The dual wielding system was pretty damned great, and allowed for a lot of fun combat dynamics. I recall having the remote mine-thrower in one hand and a conventional SMG in the other. Fired a mine to the side of an enemy, then fired my SMG to his other side. He jumped away to avoid the gunfire, right over the mine. Just a really cool little moment. The game was otherwise meh but it had its fun.

So I don't know. I can't really agree with a "the more Bond games, the better" sentiment. The majority of Bond games have been decidedly lousy. And truth be told, any positive "I'm hyped" kinds of reactions here will be eating crow when people play this game.

EDIT: And in all seriousness, GE64 looks waaaay better than this game in those screenshots above. There's a lot to be said about a clean art style.

Jangocube

Banned
Ya, I'm all over this. And my face.

Basically it's on my face. And I'm all over it. At the same time. With lotion. And a smile.

Jon

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Maybe because any current game with the name Goldeneye is going to make everyone want a similar game as its namesake; otherwise, they wouldn't give a shit about this game.

At least the developers are trying to recapture that glory.

There's no way they'll recapture any of that glory. And there will be a new generation of kids who will just get a shitty Goldeneye game. I understand that the name alone will get some people to buy this game, but it's still a shame that that they're cashing in with a likely inferior product.

...Not like Activision is the first or the last. Jussayin', I wish they would have left Goldeneye alone.

Phatcorns said:
Not sure what you mean. It's just definitely the same level, that's all.

But Goldeneye is an N64 game. And you said this looked like an N64 game. And it's the same level. How ever could you tell the difference?

The Hermit

Solo said:
Its a videogame, not some canon cash-in to the movie franchise. So, let them whore it out. The more Bond games, the better. If its half as fun as Goldeneye for the N64, then it will have been worth it.

Man, I forgot you used Sean Connery's avatar before using Locke's...

Its like there are 2 different Solos... and one of them is dead :(

Blader

EmCeeGramr said:
http://i46.tinypic.com/24nmu1d.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i46.tinypic.com/29fuzwx.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/7268/408652-crate_goldeneye.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/2ce46pz.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1675/272640-goldeneye.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/28b7d5c.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1675/272646-nge_2.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i48.tinypic.com/akac8m.jpg[IMG]

i would have gotten the tank but there as that big explosion so no good screencap of that

[IMG]http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/1675/272647-nge_3.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Jesus, alright. So the graphics *are* better. I just couldn't tell at first.

Jezan

Mithos said:
I like both the game and the controls, nothing wrong with it IMO.
+1

I want this "remake" to be just that a remake, but then again I don't want to play the same game with updated graphics... Hopefully it is as fun as the original, at least the controls will make me buy it :p

kinggroin

Banned
I was excited...no, absolutely stoked about this. On second viewing, I realize that this isn't like the original at all. Too fast paced.

It needs to be slowed significantly so that we're able to think about a given situation and go about tackling them almost any way we want. Also, specific body part damage NEEDS to be in.

I'll def. keep my eye on it

I'd keep two, but the visuals are a bit painful

pitt_norton

EmCeeGramr said:
24nmu1d.jpg

29fuzwx.jpg

408652-crate_goldeneye.jpg

2ce46pz.jpg

272640-goldeneye.jpg

28b7d5c.jpg

272646-nge_2.jpg

akac8m.jpg

272647-nge_3.jpg

Quoted again for all the dumbfucks.

I just pray the controls aren't broken. Third parties have no excuse to still be holding their dicks this long into the Wii lifecycle.

+1 Day One

Wallach

While I do think the game does look a bit like ass, it always amazes me how fondly people remember N64 graphics. :lol

I said it before, but I am buying this day 1. The only Wii games I've bought in the past 1-2 years have been NSMB Wii and SMG 2. I will buy this.

I showed this to my girlfriend, and as soon as they showed the fly-in on the Dam level, she went, "whoa!"

So yeah, they're playing hard to nostalgia, and it looks like it's working. If it's priced at $20 I could even see it doing really well at it. But of course they'll go for $50 :lol

Kimosabae

Banned
WTF?

So all people wanted all this time was a N64 FPS, remade by an unknown developer entitled "Goldeneye"?

On the Wii?

Okay...

dude let it go

in 10 years people will see that the hyper-realistic blood vessels in marcus' cheek in gears 6 are kinda blurry and say it looks like n64/dreamcast/early ps2

circle of life

I've been sick with Bronchitis recently, and I just woke up to find out they're remaking the game my family, friends, and I spent over 400 hours on over the years since it's release.

wow.

I hope Activision does a good job on this game.
The trailer already had me set money aside for this.

Meesh

Craig's doing the voice of Bond? His rugged good looks are welcome on my Wii, well, you won't really see much of hime per se. Just hear him.

I'm straight, totally, I'm just say'n.

Also, I'm not sure what I'm supposed to get outta that vid other than "it's coming", the whole thing look slike ass...I'd like to see a proper clip. Are tanks drivable? Cuz it looked like for a moment they were...........

Top Bottom