• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Good News for Marvel vs CAPCOM: Infinite. Chun-Li & Chris Face Models Were Fixed

Finally some good press for MvC:I.
Still waiting on news of Dante lol.
edit: left side is the fixed model.

marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-chunli-comparison.png

marvel-vs-capcom-infinite-chris-comparison.png

LordKano

I can't tell which Chris face is supposed to be the fixed one.
EDIT : Unless both of them are ? They still look bad tho.

kewlmyc

It's not the best, but it is better. I'm satisfied at least.

Fix my boy Dante though. Dude looks like he's only in this game to find his dealer.

EDIT: So they fixed him too. Cool. I would say fix Frank West next, but I don't really care all that much. Also hope they also fixed Tony Stark's face.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's good they've been updated.

Capcom is a company that normally smashes you over the head with very well-realized, bizarre styles. MVCI is much more lukewarm in this respect. The further you get away from gameplay, the more the product looks like it could be made by just about any decent studio, stylistically.

Yet I wonder if this will actually work in it's favor? It's obvious that the masses don't care about strong, individual styles... they care about images clearly stating "this is a soldier" or "this is a specific pistol". This is probably the most "Netherrelm" a Capcom fighter has ever looked... and for a set of gamers, that might make this a lot more approachable.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
I can't tell which is the fixed model. The art style just doesn't translate the original Anime models.

Blueblur1

That's a bad comparison of Chris faces. it would be more appropriate to use images with similar lighting and perspective. None are available now though; we need new gameplay footage to compare.

Regardless, the characters still look like the worse incarnations of themselves. The game is still ugly.

Greenzxy

How hard is it to find a competent modeler in this day and age when there's tons of reference material to base the character sculpts on?

Lmao.

He def does look different. He looks like generic handsome white dude, which is at least better than methhead.
He's at least in the same ballpark as:

4e73a88c506dbb040df50bc9b0b3d9c0.jpg

vs.

yWxbMNL.jpg

It's really sad that Capcom can't seem to get their character models to be at least on par with games from 2008/2009.
Yeah, it's definitely better than the OG MvC:I model. But tbh that's not really a big achievement.

Piers

Utterly
w4OGaNB.jpg

barbaric.

Had a feeling Chris looked better in the trailer, but good to see the developers have responded to the criticism.

Edit:
Doubt I'm the first to bring this up but something seemed off with Dante's old model.
wNrusyW.jpg

His eyes looked like they were skewed compared to the rest of his face.

Chris is a subtle change. Chun Li is like whooaa. Big improvement. Glad you were able to fix a staple character that was created in the 80's, Capcom.

mcmmaster

Finding it hard to understand how this is good news, all it highlights is how fucked up that it even happened in the first place. Capcom's current fighting division have no respect for the brand or consumer. SFV is a shining example of this, and its not like several hideous character models is all people have a warrant for when it comes to being critical of the low budget half assed product MVCI is.

The fixes finally made me realize I just don't like the art style. They definitely look like they're supposed to, but they still look weird just because of the cartoonish style the developers went for

Hallowed

Still looks like shit. But for some reason I'm still gonna end up buying this game, despite how ugly most of the cast look, sigh.

Mediking

Still looks like shit. But for some reason I'm still gonna end up buying this game, despite how ugly most of the cast look, sigh.

But why buy it on day one? This game will drop in price instantly. Let the diehard fgc buy this game on day one.

Top Bottom