• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Goodbye Volcano High returns!

GymWolf

Dunno why, but this game looks like it's made for pedophiles.
I mean, pedobear was the OG furry

images

Markio128

I wonder what's the reasoning for the hate this game gets? Is it cause of the non human characters or the teenage drama?
Some people get triggered when they find something attractive, but can’t understand why. I always get suspicious of those who obsessively try to convince people that they hate something.

Life would be so much easier if they came out and admitted that they found animated teenage dinosaurs attractive.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
To be fair I thought the same about Life is Strange, and I ended up really liking it

Life Is Strange looked like a real attempt at YA fiction. Which isn't my bag because I'm old (!) This on the other hand is saddled with the least appealing art direction I've ever seen.

EN250

Dunno why, but this game looks like it's made for pedophiles.
Maybe not made for, but sure made by:

Premise is awful, like an alternative universe where zoomer/tiktoker dinosaurs got to get one last teenage angst drama before a giant rock crush them, instead of idk, try to live the best moments of what little remaining time they have, they choose to be all emo and crap

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Haven't played it but honestly, 4chan's game looked better than this.

Last edited:

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Lol. Not every game is made for everyone. This one not for you? That's fine. Doesn't mean it's existence is any more or less meaningful than any other game.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Maybe it ends up being some meta shit like Doki Doki, that'd be cool.

My day is ruined now that I'm reminded this thing exists.

It's actually hilarious that the same people who boycotted Hogwarts Legacy are hyped for this game. Says so much.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
It didn't get to be a PS5 reveal title based on merit. It's not hate, it's LOLs with it's predictable development hell.

Then how did it get to a PS5 reveal? I have no idea about anything on this game. Just that GAF seems to get up everytime it hits a showcase or SOP.

mckmas8808

Maybe not made for, but sure made by:

Premise is awful, like an alternative universe where zoomer/tiktoker dinosaurs got to get one last teenage angst drama before a giant rock crush them, instead of idk, try to live the best moments of what little remaining time they have, they choose to be all emo and crap

This sounds like a great premise to me honestly. I just hate that it's a rhythm game. It feels like "Life is Strange" but with emo dinosaurs.

mckmas8808

Clout chasing + good PR for the company, same as this

ps4theme.jpg

So what is that picture supposed to show me? I see 6 female characters from Sony's 1st and "2nd" party games. Did people hate that pic or something? Is it too artsy or something?

EN250

So what is that picture supposed to show me? I see 6 female characters from Sony's 1st and "2nd" party games. Did people hate that pic or something? Is it too artsy or something?

the picture is not insinuating anything bad, it was for the international women day, so PR team comes up with the idea to "show support" and these are made available, it's part of the routine, all corporations/businesses do, not saying it's bad, just saying why are made: clout and good PR points, maybe I'm cynical, but I don't believe in the "good guy corpo"

Volcano High was shown after the times where "Sony bad, doesn't care about poor indies", so they come with a Showcase filled with Indie games, coincidence? nah

Internet does it thing, mocks the crap outta game, "good guy corpo" shows up again to tell they're backing the game 100% and when the time comes, it'll show support again by giving it on PS+ Essential of the month whenever it comes out to safe face if the niche that says to "support" this, doesn't show up with the money, but that's just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong

Now about the premise, how is that great? From what I saw from the trailers they have shown, the emo-dinos seem to be aware that a giant rock is about to stomp them, why wasting time on drama, instead of living whatever time left they have the best way possible?

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Not pictures but from the faq page on their site which should give you some insight:

6edkLOA.png

bbP3G0u.png

iB4AOde.png

https://goodbyevolcanohigh.com/faq/

Oh, now I'm starting to understand the slander this game is getting. It's like the anti-Hogwarts treatment that game got on the internet.

the picture is not insinuating anything bad, it was for the international women day, so PR team comes up with the idea to "show support" and these are made available, it's part of the routine, all corporations/businesses do, not saying it's bad, just saying why are made: clout and good PR points, maybe I'm cynical, but I don't believe in the "good guy corpo"

Volcano High was shown after the times where "Sony bad, doesn't care about poor indies", so they come with a Showcase filled with Indie games, coincidence? nah

Internet does it thing, mocks the crap outta game, "good guy corpo" shows up again to tell they're backing the game 100% and when the time comes, it'll show support again by giving it on PS+ Essential of the month whenever it comes out to safe face if the niche that says to "support" this, doesn't show up with the money, but that's just my opinion, maybe I'm wrong

Now about the premise, how is that great? From what I saw from the trailers they have shown, the emo-dinos seem to be aware that a giant rock is about to stomp them, why wasting time on drama, instead of living whatever time left they have the best way possible?

To the bolded.....that's what makes the premise interesting to me. Again, I'm NOT buying this game lol. But it reminds me of the Netflix movie called "Don't Look Up". Not sure if you have seen it or know about that movie though. But that was also the premise of that movie.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Reminder that rhythm games on PlayStation used to be stuff like Parappa.

Tbh though, this trailer isn’t that bad, apart from that chara design.
But it’s known there’s been development trouble, so maybe there’s a reason they’re showing so little.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Reminder that rhythm games on PlayStation used to be stuff like Parappa.

Tbh though, this trailer isn’t that bad, apart from that chara design.
But it’s known there’s been development trouble, so maybe there’s a reason they’re showing so little.
Late 90s rhythm game: hilarious rapping cartoon dog trying to man up and impress his crush

2023 rhythm game: bunch of depressed queer dinos moping around singing depressing music and talking about their sadness and waiting for the world to end

Guess it’s a sign of the times.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Hell fricking yes. I already have the premium box preordered so that I can point and laugh at the life size snoot statue (with working deepthroat action) and snigger at the crudely drawn 500 page special furry artbook. #gamer
Imagine archaeologists finding that statue a thousand years from now and thinking we used to worship that as a deity.

Crapping on a game because the creators are "different" than you. It's feeling really political in here. It's one of the reasons why I only lasted a few days at REEEEEE. I hate that type of energy.
People "crap" on almost every game, good or bad. What are you going to do? Some games are just easier to crap on, is all.

93xfan

Banned
Crapping on a game because the creators are "different" than you. It's feeling really political in here. It's one of the reasons why I only lasted a few days at REEEEEE. I hate that type of energy.
REEE demands lives destroyed and people doxxed for differing opinions. They demand absolute, unquestioning obedience.

Here you don’t get banned for not following the masses. You can speak your mind.

REEE is an authoritarian, oppressive, hateful place that wishes death and misery on others.

Top Bottom