• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google Pixel (OT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jax

Banned
Can someone who wears an Android Watch confirm if you can say OK Google tweet blah blah blah? I'm so sick of iOS and the Apple Watch not being able to do that might just be the last straw i need to buy a Pixel instead.

j-wood

Can someone who wears an Android Watch confirm if you can say OK Google tweet blah blah blah? I'm so sick of iOS and the Apple Watch not being able to do that might just be the last straw i need to buy a Pixel instead.

I used to have the huawei watch and i'm pretty sure what you're asking doesn't exist for any smart watch no matter the maker. That's on twitter to come up with that integration.

jax

Banned
I used to have the huawei watch and i'm pretty sure what you're asking doesn't exist for any smart watch no matter the maker. That's on twitter to come up with that integration.

Twitter needs to figure their shit out, then. Super annoying. Should have been a feature years ago. Facebook needs to figure it out too. How hard could it possibly be? It's exactly like sending a text message.

Thanks for the honest info. I still want a pixel, lol. Maybe as a secondary phone.

jax

Banned
"post to twitter" seems to work for google now integration, not sure why it wouldn't work on the phone:

http://www.greenbot.com/article/2359684/android/a-list-of-all-the-ok-google-voice-commands.html

Edit: assistant looks less good: http://venturebeat.com/2016/11/21/w...osts-and-chat-messages-with-google-assistant/

The fact that it's there at all immediately makes Android infinitely more appealing than the broken iOS 10. I wonder how much I could get for my iPhone 7 + Apple Watch... seriously considering now. Thanks.

Is there a feature on the Pixel that causes it to hang up automatically? I've noticed when saying "goodbye," it often ends up hanging up by itself. I only noticed this because in a couple of instances, the person was still trying to say things afterwards.

andthebeatgoeson

Is there a feature on the Pixel that causes it to hang up automatically? I've noticed when saying "goodbye," it often ends up hanging up by itself. I only noticed this because in a couple of instances, the person was still trying to say things afterwards.
You sure they didn't hang up on you?

Sky Chief

Is anyone else having problems with audio synch on videos? All of a sudden nothing is in synch anymore.

I'd been noticing it lately and then watching The Last of Us Part 2 trailer the guitar starts before she even touched the strings.

Edit, this isn't even just a YouTube thing. It even happens with videos I've recorded on the phone and those played back in any app. The only way to get everything back in sync is to restart the entire phone. This only works for a limited time until another restart is required.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
It's amazing to me that this phone is still unavailable.
I would have bought a Blue XL today because I feel impulsive. But it isn't in stock so meh. Probably won't ever buy it.

bigred50

Just got my Pixel from Bell (GTA, in stock).

Digging it so far after switching from Xperia Z2.

I'm new to the fingerprint sensor thing - and damn, is that ever convenient!

Horns

Think I'll get one for my wife soon. Seems like it is the closest Android phone to a iPhone which she currently has. Without the micro SD card, I thinking of getting her the 128 GB model.

I installed 7.1.1 the other day. I'm on Verizon. I had to check for updates manually though.

Immediately turned off lift to wake, but kept double tap on

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Will this go on sale anytime? I am thinking of buying from Google Store and also is the extended warranty worth it?

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
This is probably not exclusively a Pixel issue, but I'm getting annoyed with the fingerprint reader not recognizing my print. My job has me washing my hands very frequently and/or wearing rubber gloves, and the reader never recognizes me if my fingers are even slightly damp or sweaty or a little dusty from flour, etc. Makes me wonder if I could recalibrate it at work so maybe a less accurate print would be the norm instead of it needing a fully clean, dry print.

This is probably not exclusively a Pixel issue, but I'm getting annoyed with the fingerprint reader not recognizing my print. My job has me washing my hands very frequently and/or wearing rubber gloves, and the reader never recognizes me if my fingers are even slightly damp or sweaty or a little dusty from flour, etc. Makes me wonder if I could recalibrate it at work so maybe a less accurate print would be the norm instead of it needing a fully clean, dry print.

Have you tried adding a 2nd fingerprint while your finger's damp (but not wet)? I used to have recognition problems on the 6p, but then added multiple fingerprints of the same finger and it's been 100% flawless since (except when damp, but I didn't try to fix that)

Have had the phone for a few weeks now, love it.

Though has there been any update to the car Bluetooth issues? I've noticed that if I get a message on Messenger the phone disconnects. Sometimes there's a problem syncing at the beginning when I turn on my car. Didn't have these problems with my Z2.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
The double-tap to wake doesn't seem to work half the time. I have to hit the power button to wake, then again to lock, then the double-tap from before shows the notifications. Then it works for a while, then hosed again. Sure hope they fix that up, it's a pain in my ass.

Sky Chief

I just got an update. I thought updates were supposed to download and install in the background? How do you make this happen?

Come on guys, help me here.

No one bought the external warranty?

I bought the device protection. Too expensive to be without it. Probably the first phone I'll put a case or some sort of protection on.

No idea when the XL is expected to be back in stock. Bought mine on the 27th when signing up for Fi. Still haven't used it yet since we're not starting Fi until the 17th...

I just got an update. I thought updates were supposed to download and install in the background? How do you make this happen?

As far as I know it just downloads it and then alerts you that it's available.

You then select install and then it installs it in the background as you use your phone.

Once it's installed, it'll tell you that you need to reboot it for it to take effect.

Does this thing have the ability to recognize spam calls? My phone rang this morning, and I noticed it was from a number that calls almost daily, and it said "possible spam call" underneath the number. Does that mean it automatically blocked the number for me? If so, holy shit I love this phone!

andthebeatgoeson

On Verizon and an update is waiting.

What ring tone do you use? I use the rring rring and it sounds like the speaker is popping out buzzing.

TMC

Have had the phone for a few weeks now, love it.

Though has there been any update to the car Bluetooth issues? I've noticed that if I get a message on Messenger the phone disconnects. Sometimes there's a problem syncing at the beginning when I turn on my car. Didn't have these problems with my Z2.

7.1.1 resolved my Bluetooth issue where it wouldn't stay connected to my car for more than a few seconds. Also fixed it for many others who were experiencing the same thing on XDA.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Is the 7.1.1 update different than just 7.1? I'm on Project Fi and haven't gotten any update for the former.

Have you tried adding a 2nd fingerprint while your finger's damp (but not wet)? I used to have recognition problems on the 6p, but then added multiple fingerprints of the same finger and it's been 100% flawless since (except when damp, but I didn't try to fix that)

I've added multiple prints from both left and right index fingers now, and it's working much more effectively. Never occurred to me before this that I could have more than one set of registered prints, heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom