• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Google tricked stupid Facebook users! Hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rapstah

RubxQub said:
Someone should just make an app called "Facebook Login" and steal everyone's accounts.

...clearly that's the app these people would be looking for...
Justing from their intelligence, you wouldn't even have to lie:

"Have you ever wanted to get rid of the trouble of logging lodging into Facebook? Just enter your e-mail address associated with Facebook and password into this application and you'll never have to worry again."

Oh wow.

74. "i just want to get on fb and what a mess this is. How do you get on? Help"
n100000171960096_4694.jpg

cory

Banned
It's an epidemic.
Also along the same lines: people who put their tv's on stretch 24/7.
To be fair, I do this to windowboxed programs (i.e. everything on MTV) since I have a small tv in my room[:( no zoom). I wish DTV feeds were 16:9.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Fizzle said:
Wasn't there a study before showing that Facebook users are more smarter than Twitter users?

What happened?
Googling "Twitter Login" yields twitter.com as the top 5 results or so...they must have built in a safety net JUST IN CASE!

Holy shit. Humanity is fucked.

You know all those estimates we hear all the time about when white people will become a minority in the US, the dollar will no longer be the international exchange currency, and things like that?

I'm wondering when people with brains will become a minority. This is scary stuff.

Zeliard

For future reference, type "facebook.com" into your browser address bar or enter "facebook" into Google and click on the first result. We recommend that you then save Facebook as a bookmark in your browser.

rofl

So hilariously, and deservedly, patronizing.

Wiseblade

I refuse to believe this. Humanity is smarter than this. People have been using computers in their everyday lives far too long to fail to grasp such simple concepts. This is just a really elaborate hoax to get that site more hits, and you're all falling for it.

...Right?

Zeliard

Wiseblade said:
I refuse to believe this. Humanity is smarter than this. People have been using computers in their everyday lives far too long to fail to grasp such simple concepts. This is just a really elaborate hoax to get that site more hits, and you're all falling for it.

...Right?

I wouldn't underestimate the computer illiteracy of the general public.

Foov

The first few pages of comments seem genuine, where people are actually commenting through the fb profiles, but then it seems like it's all bs and professing ones superiority afterwards - for like 20 pages. I'm not really sure which side actually ends up looking worse?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I've thought for years now that along with math and grammar and such, we should start making technology classes mandatory in public schools.

Belief reinforced.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I'm about 75% sure that you could create an email like "FacebookLogins@gmail.com" and post a comment telling people to email their username and password (which might be their passwords to other shit >_>) to you so you could fix their problems, and they'd do it.

Wiseblade said:

...Right?

Wrong. You must be ignorant to the big picture that is the internet, and it's not pretty. The people you communicate with (forums, etc.) are internet-literate. The majority...aren't.

:(

Gilgamesh

Black_Ice said:
I'm about 75% sure that you could create an email like "FacebookLogins@gmail.com" and post a comment telling people to email their username and password (which might be their passwords to other shit >_>) to you so you could fix their problems, and they'd do it.
I'm about 65% learned in phishing and I think you're right.

Kotick

...I wonder how Humanity has reached the current situation of technology development, medical investigation... PROGRESS in general with such individuals. I hope none of them is a doctor, surgeon...

DARWIN I invoke your evolution theory to exterminate those specimens who have clearly demonstrated that they have failed to adapt to the environment!!

AstroMan

Banned
I TRULY DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON BUT I FEEL LIKE CURSING SOMEBODY OUT!!!!!! I CAN'T EVEN GET TO MY WALL OR ANYTHING !!!! I FEEL LIKE I'V BEEN PUNKED PUT IT BACK LIKE IT WAS!!! YA'LL ACT LIKE YOU WANT TO BE TAKEN TO COURT OR SOMETHING ,I DON'T HAVE THIS KINDA TIME TO BE FOOLING ARROUND ALL I WANT TO DO IS GAIN ACCESS TO MY FACEBOOK PAGE WHAT'S REALLY UP????????

FACEBOOK IS SERIOUS BUSINESS.

While this is a pretty comical situation, I honestly can't make fun of the people that were comfused...

Of course, a growing number of people are becoming computer literate, but that doesn't mean that everyone is. Many are still old-fashioned. The way I see it, at least the people who became confused are at least trying to use a computer or the Internet and are learning from their mistakes, hopefully.

El Sloth

Banned
Benson said:
Being stupid on the internet is usually ok because of the degree of anonymity but these one's have links to their facebook profiles for the world to see.. ouch!

I support this new way of commenting. Oh man, imagine if they implanted this into Youtube comments? Finally a face and a name to all the internet stupidity!

trinest

SelfCon said:
I refuse to believe those comments are real. It has to be one huge, elaborate prank, right? Please say yes.
New Meme?

AVclub said:
I don't get it. I just tried typing "Facebook" without the ".com" into Chrome and the first THREE results are all the real Facebook. How do these people get to other sites and why do they assume they are on Facebook if all the text and images on the page tells them otherwise?
Different search terms most likely. Its pretty stupid either way.

Though when they roll out there "cupcake" (or what ever they called it) search it might be much better to avoid crap like this. Accuarly maybe not- I think it shows news results at the start. Maybe they should put it in a box or something.

fortified_concept said:
Are we sure this isn't a 4chan hoax? People can't be this stupid.
People are.

skybaby said:
That Microsoft guy was right about net licenses. This happened so soon after he mentioned that too :lol
:lol what.

Why would you do that? said:
While this is a pretty comical situation, I honestly can't make fun of the people that were comfused...

Of course, a growing number of people are becoming computer literate, but that doesn't mean that everyone is. Many are still old-fashioned. The way I see it, at least the people who became confused are at least trying to use a computer or the Internet and are learning from their mistakes, hopefully.
You give the world to much credit.

Lamel

Banned
Shit...damn...how?! Some people...man.

:lol The comments...

"I truly love Faceback.I am able to talk to more then one person. "
"The new facebook sucks> NOW LET ME IN."

<3 stupid people :lol

My favorite comment so far:

358cl6v.jpg

This dumb bitch's logic was to SEARCH FOR FACEBOOK ON BING since searching for it on Google no longer worked.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

wizword

Banned
Parallax Scroll said:

358cl6v.jpg

This dumb bitch's logic was to SEARCH FOR FACEBOOK ON BING since searching for it on Google no longer worked.

That can't be real. :lol

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Because the imbeciles who can't figure out how to go to Facebook are going to know how to go to Bing.

numble

Parallax Scroll said:

358cl6v.jpg

MS viral.

Parallax Scroll said:

358cl6v.jpg

This can't be real.
*facepalm*

Vamphuntr said:
This has to be a hoax by 4 chan. How can people not recognize the original site?

I think it's like when there's a meltdown in a GAF thread and like 1 or 2 people actually have one but then people continue to quote and post about how epic the meltdown was for 20 more pages until everyone seems to think that like 100 people had meltdowns.

Donos

That has to be some internet flashmob. I know some people are not bright but come on ... just wow at the comments.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Donos said:
That has to be some internet flashmob. I know some people are not bright but come on ... just wow at the comments.
Back when I worked at Best Buy, I had multiple occasions where I would be standing in the middle of an aisle in the center of the DVD section (meaning people would have had to have passed a minimum of like 20 feet worth of DVDs at least to even find me) and people would come up to me and ask "where do you keep the DVDs?"

I would look around myself, literally surrounded by DVDs on all sides, and not know how to answer that question. :lol

There are few things I have ever experienced that more succinctly illustrated how stupid, oblivious, and completely baffling a disturbingly large percentage of people in the world are than those sorts of moments while working retail.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I can't believe this. I don't want to believe this :lol

If I see anyone I know in the comments section they are getting instantly deleted from my personal facebook...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom