• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 announced..weather, night racing all tracks, HD Youtube uploads, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckRacer

AranhaHunter said:
Considering the release date, we better get all that and a bag of chips.

I didn't even see that, GTPSP has 35 unique tracks and GT5 only has 20? This is feces.
I doubt GT PSP has 35 unique environments. If someone had its track list handy that'd be nice.

Firewire said:
Fuck all the cry babies. So its coming out in 6 months instead of 3, at least we have release date.

did you not see the part where it's March 2010 in Japan only. who knows when the rest of the world gets to play it?

Espada

AlphaSnake said:
It's 20 locations, you fool. 70 tracks in total. They are using like 6 tracks in the US alone, close to 10 in Japan, a bunch in Europe, and everywhere else in the world.

When they've given track #s before, did they include reverse versions of tracks in the figure?

imtehman

Banned
looks like GT5 won't be out until AT LEAST Fall 2010 in the U.S. then

Unless GT5 will be one of the very very very few good titles to release in the summer lull.

imtehman said:

Unless GT5 will be one of the very very very few good titles to release in the summer lull.

Yup, I don't expect to see it out in NA/EU till fall 2010.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Wow, eventhough I am disappointed with March 2010, there is some major overreaction going on in here. Rather have the game done right than done early.

jett

D-Member
AlphaSnake said:
It's 20 locations, you fool. 70 tracks in total. They are using like 6 tracks in the US alone, close to 10 in Japan, a bunch in Europe, and everywhere else in the world.

Haahah you really think it means 20 countries?

Over 20 locations and 70 tracks.

Locales include the Alps, Nurbergring, Southern Italy, Tokyo.

Doesn't seem that way.

Askia47

imtehman said:

GT3 happened that way!

longdi

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
exactly. enough car shows,finish the fucking game.

And Sony, stop being such pussies.

It is time for Sony to audit the amount of money gone funding Kaz's globe trotting expenses under the name of GT5 development. I feel PD have forgotten they are making a commercial game and over indulge in their car loving hobbies. I want to see them demo actual in game features worthy of this generation, not keep showing prerendered opening cinematics.

spwolf

reilo said:
Wow, eventhough I am disappointed with March 2010, there is some major overreaction going on in here. Rather have the game done right than done early.

indeed, and it looks as if they changed the dates anyway... and thats probably why it wasnt announced earlier :lol

Angst

*wakes up, checks neogaf*
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

:'(

Edit - at least that means I can give U2, Ratchet and Demon's Souls the time it deserves this fall/winter. But I really, really wanted a good racing sim on PS3...

Oh well, back to NFS Shift and lunar jumping Porsches.
patch soon please

spwolf

longdi said:
It is time for Sony to audit the amount of money gone funding Kaz's globe trotting expenses under the name of GT5 development. I feel PD have forgotten they are making a commercial game and over indulge in their car loving hobbies. I want to see them demo actual in game features worthy of this generation, not keep showing prerendered opening cinematics.

with GT5:p selling 4 million copies I can only :lol

offshore

IGN's blog has

9:44: This is all they're announcing about GT5's feature set now. There will be more features announced in the feature.

Assuming that's a typo for future, it makes sense that they'll hold stuff back.

There has to be more anyway. After all this dev time, I expect more stuff to be in.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
DuckRacer said:
I doubt GT PSP has 35 unique environments. If someone had its track list handy that'd be nice.

Just counted it right now. It's 45 tracks total, with four vastly different versions of Twin Ring Motegi, three vastly different Suzuki Circuits (full, West, East), two Fuji Speedways (90s, and 2005), two Circuit de La Sarthe (old and 2005), two Autumn Ring (full and mini). The only track that is barely any different is Sarthe Circuit, which has like one little different turn - otherwise, all of these variations are totally different tracks.

reilo said:

"If it doesn't have X after Y amount of development time... I'm sending Yamauchi a letter bomb!"

You'd think it was funded by tax dollars.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
longdi said:

spwolf said:

Indeed. :lol :lol :lol

I love how people are talking like big-time execs in this thread. :lol

"Yes, you heard me! Cut their funding and I don't want Kaz setting foot on a plane until GT5 is DONE, do you HEAR me?"

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
jett said:
Haahah you really think it means 20 countries?

Doesn't seem that way.

Dude, excuse my tone, but you're an idiot. That was what the OPENING VIDEO showed. Are you that dense? For Christ's sake, we already have more than that in GT5 Prologue. Jesus Christ.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Meh, another year will allow me to get a nice wheel and a playseat so whatever. I'll get my 800 cars in GTM then pick up Shift. I'm good.

ChrisRT

SolidSnakex said:
Why wouldn't they? The game isn't coming out till March. It'd be pointless to announce everything in the game right now.

Anyway, March isn't too far off. I'd rather have GT5 the way Polyphony wants it to be done rather than rushed out the door to meet the Christmas rush.

I give up if it takes years to make a game and you call it being rushed. :lol
I had hopes of a December release but...

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I thought they were aiming for a global release with GT5?

Maybe I mixed things. You guys are way over-reacting. You're getting 950 cars, 70 tracks, Rally, Nascar, damage, improved physics, youtube support, etc.

And what was not mentioned was the head motion tracking, the nascar and the rally so it wasn't like they were giving out a complete list of features.

I was really hoping they would reveal weather and day/night time. Maybe it will happen, maybe it won't. It's still going to be an awesome game that looks and plays amazing.

Shaneus

How are Polyphony with launch dates? I mean, is this one prone to slipping as well, despite being (relatively) set in concrete?

The purchase of a PS3 rides on the answer :(

chubigans said:
Indeed. :lol :lol :lol

I love how people are talking like big-time execs in this thread. :lol

"Yes, you heard me! Cut their funding and I don't want Kaz setting foot on a plane until GT5 is DONE, do you HEAR me?"

I move for a full congressional investigation, such corporate irresponsibility must be dealt with.

jett

D-Member
AlphaSnake said:
Dude, excuse my tone, but you're an idiot. That was what the OPENING VIDEO showed. Are you that dense? For Christ's sake, we already have more than that in GT5 Prologue. Jesus Christ.

Don't be fucking stupid, I used it as an example of what the G4 guy meant by locations, it's certainly not your insane dream of 20 fucking countries. If you really want to keep on believing that there's going to be 70 circuits in GT5 you go right fucking ahead.

Damodar

hukasmokincaterpillar said:
"If it doesn't have X after Y amount of development time... I'm sending Yamauchi a letter bomb!"

You'd think it was funded by tax dollars.

Even though I hate this smiley, :lol

longdi

Banned
spwolf said:

This is the kind of leeway treatment that got Sony into trouble with PS3 in the first place.
If you are gamer, which would you want to see along the development way?

kaz getting on the wheel demo-ing realtime damage and weather effects, explaining how their new engine affects how you race or continue with clean and tidy powerpoint slides about so-and-so features. It is time Sony ask PD to show the gaming side of GT5 to the world.

Vlightray

Well to me it's for the better. We want a GT5 that is the best it can be we want a excellent damage model and not a rushed game so 2010 it has to be.

Edit Thread Title should change " Gran Turismo 5 Game Of The Forever" :D

TheFatOne

jett said:
Don't be fucking stupid, I used it as an example of what the G4 guy meant by locations, it's certainly not your insane dream of 20 fucking countries. If you really want to keep on believing that there's going to be 70 circuits in GT5 you go right fucking ahead.

You need to chill out. If the game doesn't meet your standards then don't buy it. Simple as that.

longdi said:
This is the kind of leeway treatment that got Sony into trouble with PS3 in the first place.
If you are gamer, which would you want to see along the development way?

kaz getting on the wheel demo-ing realtime damage and weather effects, explaining how their new engine affects how you race or continue with clean and tidy powerpoint slides about so-and-so features. It is time Sony ask PD to show the gaming side of GT5 to the world.
GT5 has probably already turned a profit by releasing Prologue. He can take as long as he wants for all I care, as long as I get a GT this generation. And you will wait and you will buy it when it comes out. Which is why he can.

ChrisRT

Shaneus said:
How are Polyphony with launch dates? I mean, is this one prone to slipping as well, despite being (relatively) set in concrete?

Yes, they always slip. Well, I think GT1 and 2 where on track. I think they don't know what the fuck they want to do. I think they are seeing what the competition has and going from there. Something to justify all of the cash infusions they have had. I mean damn, this is getting a bit old now. If one wants Youtube implemintation, they already have a BB connection so make it a download patch. Now they are just lost IMO.

I was looking forward to it but now I just don't give a fuck.

nib95

Banned
I actually agree with those critisizng Polyphony on this. If I was Sony I'd start stamping my foot a little and getting things done. They have been WAY too lax on their Japanese development studio's. Polyphony has taken the piss with GT5.

Ploid 3.0

Shaneus said:

Maybe wait to get the GT5 PS3 slim with the carbon fiber shell, with the silver trim GT5 logo in the center. (Not real) But yea you're better off waiting until some news show up. At least your mind will be off of the game. Anticipation is a punk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom