• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

FootballFan

It shall be glorious, put me in there. Would it be possible for 15 laps at Eiger and 15 at Monaco/Cote`d Azur ? Just an idea i have, but it`s fine as it is also.

Kwazy Karts, sign me up please!

Any big differences between the Kart models?

40% starting surface water, does it dissipate or is it through out the whole race?

Cool we get to show off our avatars :)

paskowitz

Karts at Eiger

YXEcf.png

ayrton_senna_karting.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.
BUT:Practice and make sure you know the track and the car before the race, clean racing is a must in the weekly races.

Race starts in:
t1339268400z0.png

Allowed cars:

Gran Turismo PDI RACING KART 100 or Gran Turismo RACING KART 100​
(If you want multiclass karting make your voice heard. Otherwise this is what we are doing)

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed.​
Tyre Selection
Default tires​
Track:
Eiger Nordwand Track Short Track Weather Change​
Laps:
Weather:
Track will start at 40% standing water. There will be not weather change.
Pit Stops:
Yes
Damage
Light​
Assists
TCS, ABS
Lounge Settings:
Tyre/Fuel wear: On
Slip stream: Weak
Tyre grip reduction: Real
Players Participating (8 / 16)
  • 01 - paskowitz
  • 02 - Metalmurphy
  • 03 - chillumchilla
  • 04 - KaizorPenguin
  • 05 - Toxa
  • 06 - cutmeamango
  • 07 - ruttyboy
  • 08 - FootballFan
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -
  • R6 -
  • R7 -
  • R8 -
  • R9 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 6.00 PM GMT
Lounge reset - 6.55 PM GMT
Qualifications start - 6.00 PM GMT
Race start 6.15 PM GMT
Race end: ~7.00PM GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules:

Lounge:
Races will be held in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Risgroo

I've been doing some practice laps, getting to grips with the track. The track is completely dry after 23 minutes, and my best time is 1:13:938. There's probably a lot more time to find in the first sector. I'll try resetting the conditions to see how much slower the track is... EDIT: About 10 seconds slower, though I haven't put together a really good lap yet.

FootballFan

Aw man, Portugal-Germany, Brazil - Argentina...equals me not making it this time. Take me off the list, thanks. Have fun may the luckiest driver win.

ruttyboy

When you say 'No tuning allowed', does that mean we can't change the gear ratio?

I've managed to get just under 1:14, but doubt I'll get any further than that... The jump is a total lottery too :)

Angst

When you say 'No tuning allowed', does that mean we can't change the gear ratio?

I've managed to get just under 1:14, but doubt I'll get any further than that... The jump is a total lottery too :)

It's a setting in the lounge menu. When ticked you'll have to have everything on default. Suspension, gearing, mods etc.

paskowitz

No race today. Next weekend is the 24h of Le Mans so if we are going to do a race it is either going to have to be before or after.

paskowitz

count me in. It feels like its been awhile.

If you get me Toxa, Nab and Seattle in there that should give you some good practice for the finals.

In fact, in honor of you making it to the finals we should race with cars and tracks that will help you out. What cars and tracks did they use last year?

dubc35

A pre-GT Academy GAF bootcamp, I like it!

You won't learn much from me though, I'll be near the back/at the back.

l2ounD

Haha, they have people behind you as you race and they dock points if you hit someone + gain a position.

But they ran some random tracks last time, mostly in Reverse too..

Like Deep Forest, Trial Mountain and Madrid.

paskowitz

We are going to do a multi race format for RounD. I will set up the race post tomorrow. Cars will be all Nissan. So make sure you have every Nissan GTR or Z from the dealership.

l2ounD

Woohoo!

I finally got my affidavit email, so ill be down for any type of racing. I just need to have some fun with GT, this academy thing has been hectic.

ps. Sorry to hear Pask, hope things go over smoothly.

Top Bottom