• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 | NeoGAF Racing League | One-off races

Mobius 1

A lot of shit happened today and I had no chance of joining.

On better news, I'm getting a Wheel Stand Pro and that will significantly increase the enjoyment since I will be able to use the G27 in this new house.

Hope you guys had fun.

Toxa

it was cool :)

I started the race in last position (8th) I took a good start a great start ! nearly took 4 places before the first corner.
But a the exist a red ferrari put me out of the track and I hit the wall LMAO ! back in last position again :( :D
if I was with the lead group I think my 2 pit stop strategy could have been effective and if I stopped 1 lap earlier before my last I sting I could have gained 3 second for the finish .
3rd place with my sls is good result

Overall cool party it feels good to be back .
I'm sad for ashk :(

C'mon guys next sat Scion frs party at motegi east ?

Risgroo

Had an awful first few laps. Dropped 3 or 4 places at the start, but I managed to take a few back. Then I overshot my braking big time and hit the gravel, ended up last. Still, I wasn't too far back and I was catching a few guys in front, but then my phone rang and I got distracted, which sent me flying off at parabolica. Sorry for ragequitting after that, haha. Hope we can do a race next week as well, maybe I'll last a bit longer.

Dibbz

Yeah Racing Hard are really not worth it in long races which is kinda backwards. You just lose way too much time on them. If the gap between hards and softs was like 1 second or something it wouldn't be so bad but I think they're probably at least 2 or 3 seconds slower per lap.

EDIT:- Not sure what Sports are like but if they're anything like Racing in duration vs lap times then yeah it's not very wise to use them.

Toxa

Scion FR-S Event

YXEcf.png

gran-turismo-FRS.jpg

Everybody is welcome to join.

Race starts in:
t1347735600z0.png

Allowed cars:

Scion FR-S​

Tuning allowed:
No tuning is allowed.​
Tyre Selection
Confort Soft​

Tyre Selection
Confort Soft​
Track:
Motegi East
Laps:
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy (Light damage only if requested by the majority of participants)​
Assists
ABS

Players Participating (4 / 16):
  • 01 - KaizorPenguin
  • 02 - paskowitz
  • 03 - Toxa
  • 04 - chillumchilla
  • 05 - l2ounD
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 - Monosukoi
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -
  • R6 -
  • R7 -
  • R8 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 6pm GMT
Lounge reset - 6:55pm GMT
Qualifications start - 7:00pm GMT
Race start - 7:15 GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules: Car balancing may change between now and the start of the race. In addition the Mclaren MP4-12C may be added to the car list if a proper balanced tune can be found to compete with the SLS and 458. I may also choose to do a PP check.

Standing start​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

paskowitz

Maybe we should do Sunday? That way my older brother could driver swap with me (he is visiting). It would be fun to see if you notice when we switch because he is pretty good at GT.

2scoops

Maybe we should do Sunday? That way my older brother could driver swap with me (he is visiting). It would be fun to see if you notice when we switch because he is pretty good at GT.

If we race on Sunday, please sign me up. Didn't see your msg until after the race last weekend....dammit

l2ounD

hey y'all Its been awhile,
Count me in on this one.

Ill do some quick practice tomorrow morning, what times are you guys getting?

Plus, any of you guys getting F1 on ps3?

kiyomi

I might be able to make it - I might not.

Count me in as a reserve, please.

Also - where do you get the Scion FR-S? lol I'm terribad with cars names/manufacturers. :p

I might get F1 on PS3. Probably not day 1 though, I'll wait to see what happens with bugs/general reception.

paskowitz

The NeoGAF 100mi of Spa

YXEcf.png

Everybody is welcome to join.

Race starts in:
t1351972800z0.png

Allowed car:

All Super GT Cars (No Stealth Cars)

Tyre Selection
Racing Hard​
Track:
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
Laps:
~23
Pit Stops:
No mandatory pit stops
Damage
Heavy (Light damage only if requested by the majority of participants)​
Assists
ABS&TCS

Players Participating (1 / 16):
  • 01 - paskowitz
  • 02 -
  • 03 -
  • 04 -
  • 05 -
  • 06 -
  • 07 -
  • 08 -
  • 09 -
  • 10 -
  • 11 -
  • 12 -
  • 13 -
  • 14 -
  • 15 -
  • 16 -
  • R1 -
  • R2 -
  • R3 -
  • R4 -
  • R5 -
  • R6 -
  • R7 -
  • R8 -

Race procedure:

Lounge opens - 7pm GMT
Lounge reset - 7:55pm GMT
Qualifications start - 8:00pm GMT
Race start - 8:15 GMT

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ: Rules and Regulations

Additional rules: Car balancing is TBD. We will probably use our old metric from the SGT League.

Standing start​

Lounge:
Race will be in the GT5NRL lounge, please add this account to your Friends list. Practice sessions will also be held in the same lounge.

Top Bottom