• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
amar212 said:
Well, maybe - just maybe - I'll be able to shed some light on this in the mid-eveneing.
That would be nice.

jiggles

Banned
amar212 said:
Well, maybe - just maybe - I'll be able to shed some light on this in the mid-eveneing.

6LWLN.jpg

Az

Some interesting theories here. I've been trying my best to score the game early, calling people I know, emailing but no luck. I guess we'll find out next week what's going on.

Ashes

Banned
seattle6418 said:
Yeah, hard to believe, but i want to :(

There´s a theory that a couple of eastern european smugglers got their hands in some of those "preview copies" that were meant to be destroyed, and since they work on a Manufacturing Plant, put togheter the labels and sold to those guys to made a few bucks.

Tekken90, RDK, 5825 and others bought the game thinking it was the real deal and got to 17% but couldn´t advance anymore.

Now even if all of this is true, the hard part to believe is that in the final version they have a few extra tracks, Bestbuy demo damage and particle effects like the ones we saw on TGS and on the gamestop McLaren video.

What are the odds of the final retail copy having more stuff? one in a million?

In the end, if all of this is true, it would be a story for the ages.

Right now i believe the guys have the early copies, but the final game won´t be different, but it will let you acess museum and finish GT life mode.

post gt5 release:

seattle6418
did not believe.
(Today, 02:37 PM)
Reply | Quote

Ashes1396
believed.
(Today, 02:37 PM)
Reply | Quote

don't let me down kaz.

BeeDog

It's insane that there is still so much uncertainty surrounding this game one week before release :lol . Probably the most entertaining pre-release situation of a game ever. :D

tass0

Banned
After 2 megathreads of GT5's possible release date, the official thread is here and all the hype has gone.

Oh wells, still, bring on GT5!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
BeeDog said:
It's insane that there is still so much uncertainty surrounding this game one week before release :lol . Probably the most entertaining pre-release situation of a game ever. :D

Reminds me the good old days when you had to play a game to find out what's in there.

saladine1

Fuck me it's been a long fucking journey!
Uwe Boll can make a movie out of this saga and you know what, I'll watch it too....maybe.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I have to wait two weeks after release. :3

offshore

amar212 said:
If you could time it for half time between England-France that would be great hehe :p
Well, no need actually. I'll probably have turned off given the turgid football Capello has us playing.

Hype!

I will finally have GT5 next week. However my G27 is an Xmas present and I don't want to start playing it without a wheel!

What to do :(

AndyD

aka andydumi
DMeisterJ said:
I can't believe that in 7 days my doorbell will ring with my copy of GT5. /swoon

I am hoping for an Amazon release day delivery miracle. They have twice now given me games on the Friday before!!!

BobTheFork said:
I can't see HOW they managed to lock the game until release. I find it too hard to believe they took out things we saw working fine before. Anything they didn't show off? maybe

And that´s exactly why people are "trying" to believe in this theory because the numerous GT demos have shown more than the copy the czech guys have. Much more.

We can start on the whole track list thing. In 2006 Polyphony made beautiful versions of GT4 tracks in 1080p. People played and liked. Grand Canyon Looked gorgeous and it was used in a trailer when the screen said "from partial reality to virtual reality" (something like this).

Amar got his winds and he was told a different number of tracks... a number that was much closer to 100, same number Jeff Rubeintein said in the PS blog.

PD has never counted reverses as tracks... so why would they start now?

GT PSP had an intro movie made with high def version of some tracks... like Ice Arena and El Capitan. Versions that would probably be from... GT5.

That´s why the track list seemed so strange for the fans... it´s like they worked on things, and just didn´t put in the final game.

Then damage. They showed doors flying, promissed a bunch of stuff on their website and then when the Best Buy demo came out people were blown away on how much you could trash the cars. "I had no ideia PD´s first attempt at damage would be this good", said many.

Recently, gamestop put up a video saying that "McLaren gets dirty" to show off GT5´s particle effects. The car was ll covered up in dust racing in Toscana.

Now, with the czech guys... all of this is gone. I undertand sometimes developers cut things... but would they cut ALL of those features they have demoed before?

Nobody is asking PD to include in the game stuff they never worked on... people just expect the game to put togheter the bits and pieces shown in demos. And that didn´t happen. That´s why when things suggest that those guys might not have a final copy of the game, there are so many people ready to believe in. It does make sense if you consider what they´ve showed us during these last 5 years.

There´s plenty more little details to add to this conspiracy theory, but i think those are the most relevant.

heliconsoul said:
Hype!

I will finally have GT5 next week. However my G27 is an Xmas present and I don't want to start playing it without a wheel!

Easy! Just only play B-Spec mode until that time. :lol

AndyD said:
I am hoping for an Amazon release day delivery miracle. They have twice now given me games on the Friday before!!!

No shit? Man, I've been screwed by their "release day" stuff twice but the extra day and money saved has been worth it.

Fersis

TheAzRim said:
Just like with BF:BC2? You need to find someone you trust to send you the game.
I already got ripped off by a Gaffer :lol
Love you guys but never again!

Fixed1979

Having any "missing" tracks doesn't suprise me, we're going to get fed DLC and holding back tracks and cars is an easy way to do it. Damage and particle effect I have no idea, I just think that basing anything off those leaked copies of the game is probably not the best idea.

DEO3

heliconsoul said:

I have the exact opposite problem - my wife is getting me GT5 for Christmas, so I bought a DFGT last week. Now it's just sitting here, attached to my desk.. I, uh, like to spin it from time to time.

...next week is going to be, difficult.

Fixed1979

DEO3 said:
I have the exact opposite problem - my wife is getting me GT5 for Christmas, so I bought a DFGT last week. Now it's just sitting here, attached to my desk.. I, uh, like to spin it from time to time.

...next week is going to be, difficult.

There's lots of good games you can use your new wheel with...unfortunately for you GT5 isn't one of them.

-viper-

Banned
offshore said:
If you could time it for half time between England-France that would be great hehe :p
Well, no need actually. I'll probably have turned off given the turgid football Capello has us playing.
Who watches meaningless friendlies that have no purpose besides injuring Arsenal players?

zzzzzzzzz

Fersis said:
I already got ripped off by a Gaffer :lol
Love you guys but never again!

Don't worry Fersis unless some miracle happen i won't be getting GT until a week after it comes out .
It going to be a pain to stay away from this thread.

Hanmik

from a guy on GTplanet. Who is playing the game:

Szmissz said:
I see.

Well, all i can say, that this GT5 is maybe not what most of you hoping it will be. I'am a bit disappointed, it's just not feel the "complete package" as the previous games in the series felt. Something is missing... for example 800 more detailed cars than their Ps2 versions... And the Deep Forest stage... Not even 2d trees sometimes, just extremely low-res textures on the "wall"... and the rocks... oh god.

The first PREMIUM car what you will see in the licence tests and therefore in the GT mode,have the most squared steering wheel i've seen since the late '90s. Other cars steering wheele are fine though...

And you'll see more annoying things like that, and not because it's not the final version. It is.

Certainly not up to the GT standards if you look the whole picture.

They really need the "PS4" and another 5 years to finish this game to come close to Kazunori's vision.

and more:

Szmissz said:
You dont have to play it too long to realise, that dividing the cars into nice and ugly versions was not the part of the GT feeling until now... same thing with the screen tearing, and stuff like that.

It's not the perfection what we, GT fans are used to.

how come all GT5 early adpoters are judging the game so fast.. makes me sad..

mil6es

Hanmik said:

and more:

its GTplanet they are all a bunch of whiners over there

nib95

Banned
I do get the distinct feeling the game may feel like it was rushed, which is ironic given how long it's taken to release. As long as the performance is ok, and it drives well, I'll be happy.

But the damage better be in there. Just for principles sake.

darkwing

Hanmik said:

and more:

maybe they really should have gone 720p 30fps instead and get GoW3 gfx?

chifanpoe

heliconsoul said:
Hype!

B-Spec until you get the wheel! (beaten like a poor red-headed step child)

nib95

Banned
nib95 said:
What's the best wheel and pedals holder to buy for my G25? Something that doesn't cost the Earth preferably, but is still sturdy enough to handle it.

Will be using my leather chair as my seat!

Throwing this in here again for a response.

Baby Milo

Hanmik said:

and more:

these complaints sound absurd

"a square wheel oh no"

zoukka

Yeah the standard/premium gap will probably feel kinda bad at first. Like in Final Fantasy X back in the days, when they used the on-field models for many cut-scenes... I couldn't believe my eyes when suddenly the cool looking high poly faces were replaced with static ugly mugs.

But once we move forward in time, it just doesn't bother you that much. And the line will probably continue from this day on.

Man i won't worry about anything people have to say about this game until i get it .
At first we had the leak copies now we find out they can't go pass 17%.
Just sit back and wait until you get the full game.

-viper-

Banned
nib95 said:
I do get the distinct feeling the game may feel like it was rushed, which is ironic given how long it's taken to release. As long as the performance is ok, and it drives well, I'll be happy.
That is the impression I'm getting too.

I'm not expecting perfection, but I at least hope the game is as polished as the previous games.

Ashes

Banned
-viper- said:
hype train is halting to a stop

no not yet. that comes after the 'pre-order cancelled' stop. and right before, 'pd promised the moon, gave us a shitty star syndrome/they shamed japan' etc. stop.

Fixed1979

Hanmik said:
How come all GT5 early adpoters are judging the game so fast.. makes me sad..

There's going to be be who are disapointed just from expecting too much. Not saying that's the case here, but I'm prepared for the backlash already. Honestly I've been waiting for this for so long as long as it's anywhere close to what it should be I'll take it.

RotBot

heliconsoul said:
Hype!

Make it a Thanksgiving present.

belvedere

Junior Butler
The standard/premium issue isn't new. Obviously it's impact won't be completely realized until we get the game to play for ourselves, but this isn't something that just hit us. We've known about it for months. I'm not saying that makes it any less awkward, but for those of us looking for that "GT" experience, I think we'll still be more than satisfied.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom