• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firewire

Banned
M8hJS.jpg

Damn the car looks allot nicer and bigger than I thought it would be!

Oh, nice game there as well. :O

Cigol

It's interesting he says; "WORLD'S FIRST GT5 RETAIL PAL HANDS-ON", hopefully that is confirmation the game the Czechs had was not legit. Either way should be interesting.

Cigol

captscience said:
I missed the significance of this. Is it different from the leaked copies?
Confirms a different build I hope?
Different regions have different colours, different editions have different colours... Can't remember off the top of my head which is which but it doesn't mean anything on its own.

Red Blaster said:
I still maintain the game should've shipped only with premiums. GT3 had only 150 cars, people still loved it.

Hell no!

Don´t try to stop me racing with my Minolta 88C-V or my Toyota GT-One, or my Vette C5R just because they are ugly.

I´ll love them, and i´ll take them as standards.

More is always better.

amar212

Firewire said:
M8hJS.jpg

Damn the car looks allot nicer and bigger than I thought it would be!

Oh, nice game there as well. :O

My brand new and private SLS model car in 1:18 scale, nothing to do with inferior 1:43 Signature model :D

Ashes

Banned
captscience said:
I missed the significance of this. Is it different from the leaked copies?
Confirms a different build I hope?

Not neccessarily, but it does suggest a different batch. Ps. It's amar having the copy that's the big news. He knows gt like the... well he's our go to guy. + ssx of course. Amar know's his stuff. It's in good hands.

amar212 said:
My brand new and private SLS model car in 1:18 scale, nothing to do with inferior 1:43 Signature model :D

While you make the sandwich, can you at least tell us if it´s true that the czechs were playing the wrong verion?

Enjoy your "sandwich"

AndyD

aka andydumi
Empty said:
impressions from amar should be interesting. will hopefully finally clear up the questions over the leaked videos.

Yep. Unless stuff is still locked away due to no servers. Then we won't get very far.

Enjoy:
sandwich.gif

So i drop by local retailer, looking for some other game. While chatting it up with the clerk i see they have GT5 still listed as coming on the 24th. So i ask her if they will really get it on the 24th for real and she's like
"Yeah, absolutely. Unless..... they call me tomorrow to tell me it's delayed another 6 months."
I laughed and cried a little bit at the same time.

Edit: So
- who's amar?
- where's my sammich?

Cigol

Full Recovery said:
When I do my 50gb install I'll be sure to time it because 50 minutes seems a bit steep for 10gb does it not?
It depends on stuff like compression, number of files, the fact it's getting it from the BluRay. I've found the PS3 relatively slow with file transfers in the best of conditions.

Amar Update; It took 40 minutes. First bunch of installed data is actually 6.4GB, but we have already learned that game will continue to install (decompress) the data during playtime. And off we go

DonMigs85

Crap, I only have 4.5GB left after installing Tomb Raider Underworld on me 250GB drive... I'll need to pony up for 500GB or larger soon

Victarion

amar212 said:
amar, a quick question, Does this copy come from Sony as a review copy or you got it from somewhere else?
I'm asking because Sony's review kits are fancy as hell, I'd be sad if this is not the case with GT5.

spats

Cigol said:
It depends on stuff like compression, number of files, the fact it's getting it from the BluRay. I've found the PS3 relatively slow with file transfers in the best of conditions.

Amar Update; It took 40 minutes. First bunch of installed data is actually 6.4GB, but we have already learned that game will continue to install (decompress) the data during playtime. And off we go

It's pretty cool that they're doing that streaming install thing. I love how the WoW Cataclysm beta handled it.

Ashes

Banned
Fistwell said:
So i drop by local retailer, looking for some other game. While chatting it up with the clerk i see they have GT5 still listed as coming on the 24th. So i ask her if they will really get it on the 24th for real and she's like
"Yeah, absolutely. Unless..... they call me tomorrow to tell me it's delayed another 6 months."
I laughed and cried a little bit at the same time.

Edit: So
- who's amar?
- where's my sammich?

post #1120

Not neccessarily, but it does suggest a different batch. Ps. It's amar having the copy that's the big news. He knows gt like the... well he's our go to guy. + ssx of course. Amar know's his stuff. It's in good hands.

Oh and since some people read only from their own post down, amar is a gaffer. ;)

eso76

Just preordered...
there's a new guy at my usual place, and from the way he smiled at me when he said "sure, here you go, the limited is yours.......on 24th " i think i know what he's going to be doing tonight when he gets back home...
Which is what i would be doing if my friend still worked there..
I believe they just received their shipment.

nib95

Banned
Firewire said:
Amar: I'll give you 750 Euro's for the car and the game. All you have to do is express ship it to me tonight! :D

Lol, does that offer still count if it gets posted tomorrow evening instead of today?

Loudninja

amar Update:
I drive with G25.

Clutch users, rejoyce! Clutch works, same style as GT5:prologue, no official support, you still have to press triangle before the race, but the beauty is here.

Physics are fantastic. In the line somewhere between cruelty of Academy TT Demo and Prologue. My first ride was Trial Mountain with F40, S1 tyres, all aids OFF (ABS on 1), Professional setting. I spun on lap 2, went into Pause Menu and found out about new addition in Quick Options - Interior View Angle.

Now we can adjust view angle to Standard, Narrow and Narrower

Map Size can be adjusted, unfortunately, no option to turn-off the HUD yet.

Prior to the race start you can choose Depletion of Tyres/Fue

Pepto

Banned
Psychotext said:
It's as tight as it goes, any more and the screw will snap.
I'm talking about this screw. I find it hard to believe that you could snap it. My stand also wiggles if that screw isn't tight. It's very solid when you tighten that screw properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom