• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
RankoSD said:
Nurnburgring jump, nothing strange...

*pic*
Uh... serious question here. Real or GT5?

TheAzRim said:
Yea I would like an explanation on the Veyron.
I'm sure the dude just took the hill way too fast, and instead of braking at it (like you normally would) he just flew to see how high he can go.

Yoshichan said:
Uh... serious question here. Real or GT5?
Some of you need your eyes checked. :lol

Protip: Look for imperfections, dust, dirt, tar. Look at the grass, surroundings, reflections. It's easy to tell ;]

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
phosphor112 said:
Protip: Look for imperfections, dust, dirt, tar. Look at the grass, surroundings, reflections. It's easy to tell ;]
The only thing I can see in that picture is Depth of Field and a huge ass car. The car looks identical to every car I've seen from GT5 pics... and the DoF looks... like DoF.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Yoshichan said:
The only thing I can see in that picture is Depth of Field and a huge ass car. The car looks identical to every car I've seen from GT5 pics... and the DoF looks... like DoF.

Its a real picture of real life car. On a real Nurburgring jump.

Giveaway:
the bugs splattered on the license plate.

Yoshichan

AndyD said:
Its a real picture of real life car. On a real Nurburgring jump.

Giveaway:
the bugs splattered on the license plate.
Then why are the reflections a bit... unrealistic on the front glass :lol

Yoshichan

highspeedring.jpg

This for example looks better and more real than the picture above. Reflections looks better and it's got dust, grass, etc.

Pepto

Banned
Psychotext said:
I have that stand, and that little bit of wiggle you see at around 2:22 annoys the shit out of me. I'm actually not happy at all with it because of that.
The bottom screw is too loose if you the stand wiggles.

LCfiner

Yoshichan said:
http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/3851/highspeedring.jpg/IMG]
This for example looks better and more real than the picture above. Reflections looks better and it's got dust, grass, etc.[/QUOTE]

dude? what? not even close. this looks clearly computer generated.

Huggers

Red Blaster said:
I still maintain the game should've shipped only with premiums. GT3 had only 150 cars, people still loved it.

I was thinking this very thing earlier. They could have shipped with say 300 premium cars and then added more through dl.

Anyone a PC gamer coming back to console gaming just for this?

I just borrowed a PS3 and got my wheelstand pro ordered.

I fired up prologue for the first time in a long while, I have been playing pc games at high resolutions for a long time now only and have not touched the 360 or ps3 in a while.

While the lighting beats almost anything on the PC, I was shocked how fuzzy, shimmery yet jaggy prologue was.

Of course after a little while it bothered me less but....
Are the final games visuals cleaned up at all or is this just how things go as the PC's move ahead of the consoles near the mid-end of their life cycle?

SmokyDave

Firewire said:
You can still tune the standard cars.
Then I suspect that the wheelie picture is the product of tuning, not aerodynamics. If the Veyron lifted at that angle then most of the real 'racing' cars in the game will never make it to the end of that straight.

Loudninja

Red Blaster said:
I still maintain the game should've shipped only with premiums. GT3 had only 150 cars, people still loved it.
I am glad they rather have those cars than nothing at all.Its not like you will get more premiums all of a sudden anyway.

Huggers

darkwing said:
then just think of the other 800 as bonus cars then

Yeah I'm not complaining, just for the sake of continuity of car quality I wouldn't have minded less cars, but more premium. I'm not all that bothered, just a thought

jiggles

Banned
GT5 still making people question reality. Love it. :lol

When we're up to the point of fully immersive VR gameplay with photorealistic visuals, we're all going to lose our minds, eXistenZ style.

elohel said:
didn't gamestop sell the dfgt for 100 a while ago?

hope everyone drops the price soon lol

Was $70 AR on Amazon like 2 weeks ago. I'm really kicking myself for not jumping on that deal. Hopefully it comes around again, or there's a good bundle with GT5 (surprised that they haven't done this already).

The Hug Dog said:
I was thinking this very thing earlier. They could have shipped with say 300 premium cars and then added more through dl.

I don't think they cut out any of the premium cars , the amount we have now is the amount they finish before the game went gold .
So the game would have 200 premium cars without the other 800.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
jigglywiggly said:
Was GT5 allowed to break Sony's install regulations because it's first party, or because it's optional? I wonder...
Because its the god damn GT5

Huggers

Red Blaster said:
If it meant one more premium car, I'd sacrifice all the standards.

:lol

I wouldn't go that far but for say another 100 premium cars I would have been happy to sacrifice the peasant mobiles

jiggles

Banned
gutterboy44 said:
Finally someone who knows how to communicate with the internet has a copy of the game.

We'll still have to decipher the bird/wind analogies. :lol

I'm just kidding, Amar, you rule. :D

The Hug Dog said:
:lol

I wouldn't go that far but for say another 100 premium cars I would have been happy to sacrifice the peasant mobiles
Same. As I only drive cockpit I'll never use a standard car anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom