• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
worldstiniestpenis said:
right if i buy this lotus espirit and get it with weight reduction down to the required weight for the british lightweights, will i get in? or does it go off the original weight?

is there a way to work out the weight savings ahead of time? Is it a fixed percentage for each stage?

AndyD

aka andydumi
Flek said:
what? is this a glitch?

Its been the same in previous GT games if I remember correctly. Like a little easter egg.

Watched the intro, very cool, particularly the building a car part. The song is weak on the gameplay part. Now installing.

Konosuke

I was reading the in-game manual about B-spec drivers and it said Remote Races are planned in an update for December 2010. So, the December 1st update is true? Which is great for me since it's an national holiday :3

Konosuke said:
I was reading the in-game manual about B-spec drivers and it said Remote Races are planned in an update for December 2010. So, the December 1st update is true? Which is great for me since it's an national holiday :3

Kaz said that they're going to be updating GT5 a lot, like in terms of it being a weekly thing. The next update is planned for the 1st, but I think that update is supposed to be for performance issues (like the framerate).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
RoadHazard said:
Hey, do your save files also have a completely wrong "Play time"? Mine says "35 day(s)", which is a bit odd considering I just started playing today.

(Loving the game, BTW!)

35 days is in-game GT days. It forwards a day per race attempt or license attempt (IIRC) and special attempt event. Don't worry about that stat, it's useless.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
hey, its my birthday. I got a Celica 1600GT from 1970. So now I have three cars suitable for the Japanese classic race - my cup runneth over with average '70s saloons

SolidSnakex said:
Kaz said that they're going to be updating GT5 a lot, like in terms of it being a weekly thing. The next update is planned for the 1st, but I think that update is supposed to be for performance issues (like the framerate).

don't get me wrong, it's a good thing, but i'm really not looking forward to that future moment where i've had to delete the game data or install it on a new ps3 and i get 'update 1 of 37 (133mb)'

Dead Man

Barry sucks so much. I found a F150 in the used card, won the A Spec truck races, but even after putting about 60,000 into improvements Barry can't win either race.

DonMigs85

Full Recovery said:
How much HP does it have again? Because my SLS says 629 hp.
No it started with 598HP and I had already driven it.
I thought if I started a new game on another account I could gift the car to my main account or something and apply the oil trick...

I just picked up my Collector's Edition from Best Buy which I preordered with in store pick up. At the time it said I'd get a code for preordering, but I don't know where that code is. Did I get screwed out of my preorder bonus?

keyrat

Red Blaster said:
Is it possible to drive convertibles with the top down at any point in the game?

Get a Morrison Corvette. That one for sure has the top down, but I'm sure there's others as well. Shelby Cobra also.

Kind of a shame the Ferrari California rides with the top up.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Sooo is there car damage in this game? Really? I have premium cars, crash all opver the place and its all the good old Gran Turismo BONK noise and everything looks dandy.

Easily the biggest disappointment for me.

Raging Spaniard said:
Sooo is there car damage in this game? Really? I have premium cars, crash all opver the place and its all the good old Gran Turismo BONK noise and everything looks dandy.

Easily the biggest disappointment for me.

There's reduced damage on the early levels unless you go to Arcade mode.

Wario64 said:
It's cool that I can play B-Spec mode using a USB keyboard.

Erm... what do u mean? oO

Move around the menus with the Keyboard?

DoomGyver

Marty Chinn said:
I just picked up my Collector's Edition from Best Buy which I preordered with in store pick up. At the time it said I'd get a code for preordering, but I don't know where that code is. Did I get screwed out of my preorder bonus?
I pre-ordered online at BB for instore pickup and received my code via email about 8 hours after I picked it up from the store.

Deformation on my RUF after a relatively small bump:

GbAbu.jpg

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Metalmurphy said:
Erm... what do u mean? oO

Move around the menus with the Keyboard?

Yeah. Actually you can use the keyboard to navigate the mouse cursor throughout the game.

No way to speed up races though!

Wario64 said:
Yeah. Actually you can use the keyboard to navigate the mouse cursor throughout the game.

No way to speed up races though!

Gotta get me a Wifi keyboard then. Would be very useful for those long boring races :lol

keyrat said:
Get a Morrison Corvette. That one for sure has the top down, but I'm sure there's others as well. Shelby Cobra also.

Kind of a shame the Ferrari California rides with the top up.

Dammit, in GT4 you could go with the top down during time trials with the convertibles.

Alucrid

Banned
Wario64 said:
What is this truck people are talking about. And I'm guessing only 1 person can have it at a time?

I think it's just a suped up truck everyone's using to beat the A-spec event, then passing around because there's really no other use for it.

DonMigs85

Okay so I gave my Stealth SLS an engine tuneup which raised its HP from 598 to 692.
Now I just checked it again and it's 727 HP! What gives? Seems like a glitch.

Tarazet

Wario64 said:
What is this truck people are talking about. And I'm guessing only 1 person can have it at a time?

I'm guessing it's the tuned Ram that I gave away last night. It's been used like a two-bit whore since then. :lol

sadaiyappan

SolidSnakex said:

Why does the game do that weird lighting thing when a race is starting and it is showing the front of the car then the back? The entire screen goes darker then brighter and it happens before almost every race.

I'm positive it's not my TV.

kikanny

How the hell do I tame the Murcielago in the grand tour event? If I brake I lose control of the car. Also, absolutely loved the all Ferrari race at Monza!

TheSeks

Sadaiyappan said:
Why does the game do that weird lighting thing when a race is starting and it is showing the front of the car then the back? The entire screen goes darker then brighter and it happens before almost every race.

I'm positive it's not my TV.

Apparently it's HDR. And yes, I bitched about it this morning and wish they'd fix it. Tokyo R246 is damn near unplayable for me as shifting your view .01% left or right will have the screen blink and the HDR recalculate.

TheSeks

Tarazet said:
I'm guessing it's the tuned Ram that I gave away last night. It's been used like a two-bit whore since then. :lol

Respect the whores, at least they get business done. ;)

-viper-

Banned
I created a B-Spec driver and it didn't even let me change it's name. I had to select from a bunch of preset names. How is it some of you guys are able to name him?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
-viper- said:
I created a B-Spec driver and it didn't even let me change it's name. I had to select from a bunch of preset names. How is it some of you guys are able to name him?

You don't.

And since someone was beaten by a "K. Butler" last night, I feel like randomizing the name next time until I get him.

Also, you can't create woman drivers? Kaz must be friends with Ueda.

jiggles

Banned
Rallying with a G25 intense. I tend to slowly spin out a lot, though. I think I'm too used to rarely having to use more than 180 degrees of the wheel. I'm too lazy to put on the full lock. :lol

Ploid 3.0

Driving some of these cars feel a bit too scary. Got my first really light lightning fast car, it's standard but don't look like it at times. A bit shiny to pull off the Premium look. Furai Concept '08.

Orgun

Codemasters please take note of GT5s "Watch the race" lobby options, I want to be able to spectate the free races (qualifying I guess), watch replays and see the telemetry from the cars in F1 2011. Amazing amount of information.

But please don't take any notice of their way of getting into lobbies, or the lobby codes :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom