• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
gutterboy44 said:
Tuesdays are the normal release date in the US, and a lot of Gamestops do midnight Monday releases for big titles. I think the 24th date is a guaranteed in stores date, but the 23rd is probably going to be available for most.

I talked to the store manager at my local EB/gamestop and he says the communication is that the 24th is the RELEASE DATE and they can't sell before. Things could change by then though. I originally suspected that it was more of a guaranteed 'in store' date as well.

Az

There are 2 copies available. $80 total with overnight shipping and you'll have the game by saturday. I've bought from this guy before so I am givig GAF the hook up. Ships from the US.

LINK

TheFatOne

If you guys read the post on the ps blog they said they will show the commercial during the Pats vs Colts game. So they are showing it in prime time. That is a good sign.

Ashes

Banned
Shurs said:
Comparing Move to Sony's most well known and best selling franchise?

your point? I know they botched the launch, but prologue, had a huge campaign (in london at least) leading upto its launch, as did GTA, Halo, COD, ff13, a few of the biggest ds and wii games... getting my drift?

editL man france really has got its act together....

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Also, greatest improvement is done in realms of racing cars, where Kazunori finally reached the levels of his only inspiration, Yu Suzuki's masterpiece F355 Challenge.
Nothing could make me want this game more than this comparison, F355 is my favorite racer ever.

DMeisterJ

Banned
TheFatOne said:
If you guys read the post on the ps blog they said they will show the commercial during the Pats vs Colts game. So they are showing it in prime time. That is a good sign.

Sony's been good with that as of late, they played Move commercials during a couple of Sunday night games as well.

Ashes

Banned
TheAzRim said:
Ok sold out. Hope someone on GAF got it.
Rabbit.gif

Az

I would email him, he usually sells 10 early and the more later so he might make an exception. But I just saw he shipps from Florida and I live in Florida so I am hoping to get this baby by tomorrow.

KB commercial was good, missing the jaw dropping gifs, so hopefully there'll be some other GT5 commercials this Holiday, they sometimes do commercials without KB like AC Brotherhoood, so another one or two for GT5 would be warranted.

test_account

XP-39C²
Is there any word on how limited the Signiature Edition will be? Or any anedocte evidence from people working in stores, if they received many or few copies of it?

1-D_FTW

TheAzRim said:
There are 2 copies available. $80 total with overnight shipping and you'll have the game by saturday. I've bought from this guy before so I am givig GAF the hook up. Ships from the US.

LINK

I live like 10 miles from Fort Myers. Wonder where he picked them up.

EDIT: Seems like he just runs a virtual store on ebay. So much for that.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
amar212
master impressionist
(Today, 10:31 AM)
Reply | Quote

is anybody able to get onto GT5P (DD version)? mine comes up with:

"The server may be currently down for maintenance or updating. Try again later. (80029509)"

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Guy LeDouche said:
is anybody able to get onto GT5P (DD version)? mine comes up with:

"The server may be currently down for maintenance or updating. Try again later. (80029509)"

PSN is down. You can play your PSN purchases during that time if they have DRM that requires PSN connections during that time.

Firewire

Banned
h3ro said:
Losing to me is gonna deflate that hype like a cut down tire.

I'm thinking of starting a private lobby that will be a driving school for those wanting to learn how to race competitively. I will send you an invite and a coupon for 10% off your first virtual lesson.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
brotkasten said:
My PS Eye came today.

I AM READY. BRING IT ON, PD!
I keep forgetting about head tracking!

Fuuuuuuuck me, the hype is BEYOND hype!

Niks

Firewire said:
I'm thinking of starting a private lobby that will be a driving school for those wanting to learn how to race competitively. I will send you an invite and a coupon for 10% off your first virtual lesson.

:lol

pix

Firewire said:

You could probably literally do that btw. Charge $20/hour, I'm sure people would bite.

h3ro

Firewire said:

I'm going to pay you in carbon monoxide poisoning from my exhaust fumes.

Because you're losing and thus behind me.

MrPliskin

Banned
Anyone currently playing Prologue? Looking for some pointers w/the turn coming out of the tunnel. I'm slowing down WAY too much to make sure I can maintain control of the car, and I'm just thinking my line is wrong.

I really can't wait for GT5 so youtube replays can go up and I can see some more lines / techniques. Has anyone with the game been able to talk about this feature yet? One thing I'm really interested in is how it will handle replay exports. I mean, obviously YouTube will let you cap the upload size, and generally 10 minutes is the "limit" for PS3 uploads (I think?). Will we be able to select specific laps to upload, or what? I'm really curious how it's going to work, and waiting for PD to get their shit together to activate it all is killing me, lol.

Wax Free Vanilla said:
i thought the standards just use gt psp's sounds?

gt4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29-vF-MJgtg

psp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzehkG-2U1I

could do with a clean capture of the gt5 motul to compare all 3

I thought that too, but since it was so ridiculous, and people complained so much about the sounds, they actually said they would change.

I guess what we´ve seen now is that they upgraded the sounds of cars in the same "family". Like the Civic receiving an upgrade because it shares a VTEC along with many other Hondas in the game. It would be easier to have some generic sounds improved.

I doubt they went by one by one on those 810 old cars. Would be weird because it would be the only reworked aspect of those cars. (aside from the resolution bump).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Valkyr Junkie said:
I got one. Your fellow Jax GAF'er is depending on your recommendation :lol

The game's out in a couple of days and you're paying $20 extra for a standard copy? You couldn't wait?

<3 GainesvilleGAF

Oh, $55. Plus around $10 shipping (because we know eBay over charges) so you're paying $5 more. Still, you couldn't wait four days?

Az

Valkyr Junkie said:
I got one. Your fellow Jax GAF'er is depending on your recommendation :lol

Great, let's hope he sends it out today so we can have it by tomorrow. Make sure to keep me updated if you get yours. This guy has a perfect score and I got a game from him last year about a week early. Jax GAF unite... =D

TheSeks said:
The game's out in a couple of days and you're paying $20 extra for a standard copy? You couldn't wait?

<3 GainesvilleGAF

Oh, $55. Plus around $10 shipping (because we know eBay over charges) so you're paying $5 more. Still, you couldn't wait four days?

If I was getting it on Monday I probably would have not done it. But having it for the weekend is good enough for me. My wife won't mind since the last game I actually paid for was GOWIII.

saladine1

seattle6418 said:
I thought that too, but since it was so ridiculous, and people complained so much about the sounds, they actually said they would change.

I guess what we´ve seen now is that they upgraded the sounds of cars in the same "family". Like the Civic receiving an upgrade because it shares a VTEC along with many other Hondas in the game. It would be easier to have some generic sounds improved.

I doubt they went by one by one on those 810 old cars. Would be weird because it would be the only reworked aspect of those cars. (aside from the resolution bump).
Well,from judging from the impressions from current owners, it seems that the sounds for the standard vehicles have been re-worked somehow. I would love for it to be true for all 800 cars or so....a big undertaking indeed.

Ranger X

MrPliskin said:
Anyone currently playing Prologue? Looking for some pointers w/the turn coming out of the tunnel. I'm slowing down WAY too much to make sure I can maintain control of the car, and I'm just thinking my line is wrong.

I really can't wait for GT5 so youtube replays can go up and I can see some more lines / techniques. Has anyone with the game been able to talk about this feature yet? One thing I'm really interested in is how it will handle replay exports. I mean, obviously YouTube will let you cap the upload size, and generally 10 minutes is the "limit" for PS3 uploads (I think?). Will we be able to select specific laps to upload, or what? I'm really curious how it's going to work, and waiting for PD to get their shit together to activate it all is killing me, lol.

The perfect line is just logic after all. This website might be interesting if you want to devellop racing skills. That knowledge will apply to anything racing with cars.
http://www.drivingfast.net/

darkwing

saladine1 said:
Well,from judging from the impressions from current owners, it seems that the sounds for the standard vehicles have been re-worked somehow. I would love for it to be true for all 800 cars or so....a big undertaking indeed.

they may have the actual sound recorded way before, but couldn't have the proper hardware to decode them until now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom