• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flek

Banned
Oh wtf amazon.com !?

when i look at my order it says:

"Important Message
We thought you should know that we're experiencing a delay with your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please take note of the revised shipping and delivery estimates marked in red below."

Shipping estimate: November 26, 2010

…………… wtf :( ? Anyone else got this ???

Angst

MrPliskin said:
Anyone currently playing Prologue? Looking for some pointers w/the turn coming out of the tunnel. I'm slowing down WAY too much to make sure I can maintain control of the car, and I'm just thinking my line is wrong.

I really can't wait for GT5 so youtube replays can go up and I can see some more lines / techniques. Has anyone with the game been able to talk about this feature yet? One thing I'm really interested in is how it will handle replay exports. I mean, obviously YouTube will let you cap the upload size, and generally 10 minutes is the "limit" for PS3 uploads (I think?). Will we be able to select specific laps to upload, or what? I'm really curious how it's going to work, and waiting for PD to get their shit together to activate it all is killing me, lol.
In GT5P you can go to arcade - time trial and look at the leaderboard, then download the replay and/or ghost of anyone on the leaderboard. Great way to learn the best line.

THE:MILKMAN

MrPliskin said:
Anyone currently playing Prologue? Looking for some pointers w/the turn coming out of the tunnel. I'm slowing down WAY too much to make sure I can maintain control of the car, and I'm just thinking my line is wrong.

I really can't wait for GT5 so youtube replays can go up and I can see some more lines / techniques. Has anyone with the game been able to talk about this feature yet? One thing I'm really interested in is how it will handle replay exports. I mean, obviously YouTube will let you cap the upload size, and generally 10 minutes is the "limit" for PS3 uploads (I think?). Will we be able to select specific laps to upload, or what? I'm really curious how it's going to work, and waiting for PD to get their shit together to activate it all is killing me, lol.

If you are talking about Eiger then you need to get right over to the left onto the sand coloured gravel lift off-down 1 gear-turn and hit the apex-back on the throttle.

That is what I do anyway.

I tried HSR with the R8 and did a 1:16:963 after 7 laps. Lots of understeer....... Also 1:17:103 Integra at Eiger.

Repgnar

Opened up my mailbox today and there was a yellow bubble-wrapped package... not from Subway though. That's happened two days in a row now, hype builds then crashes two seconds later. Going out of town tomorrow so hopefully tomorrow's the day. Been looking around on other forums and I haven't seen anybody get their copy yet and the subway twitter account is like an automated message when someone asks about it. Free is free though so as long as it gets here around the release date.

saladine1

darkwing said:
they may have the actual sound recorded way before, but couldn't have the proper hardware to decode them until now
We know they actually do record the sounds of all vehicles but as we've heard in GT4, it didn't turn out so well. So let's say they do use the samples from GT4, what can they do to implement them more successfuly this time round?
The Motul Civic in GT5 for example sounds way better then their previous attempt. The questions is, did they re-record the sounds utilizing todays hardware or did they just re-work them via PD magic?

jiggles

Banned
Dear Customer,

Thank you for preordering Gran Turismo 5 with Game.co.uk

As this game is highly anticipated, we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to you in time for launch.
As a result, we will be processing your order and charging your payment card a little earlier than usual.

You may receive an email letting your know that your order is on its way but this just means its being held by the courier ready
for delivery on launch day.

Please note all courier tracking numbers will not be active until the evening prior to the release date.

To help prevent any issues with your order please ensure your payment details are up to date.

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team:
http://www.game.co.uk/Help/CustService.aspx

Thank you for preordering with GAME.co.uk.

Kind regards,

The GAME Customer Service Team

GET HYPE

Wazzim

Banned
saladine1 said:
We know they actually do record the sounds of all vehicles but as we've heard in GT4, it didn't turn out so well. So let's say they do use the samples from GT4, what can they do to implement them more successfuly this time round?
The Motul Civic in GT5 for example sounds way better then their previous attempt. The questions is, did they re-record the sounds utilizing todays hardware or did they just re-work them via PD magic?
Audio programs do the trick.

darkwing

Flek said:
Oh wtf amazon.com !?

"Important Message
We thought you should know that we're experiencing a delay with your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please take note of the revised shipping and delivery estimates marked in red below."

what? when did you pre-order??

Majmun

Cancelled my pre-order. The postmen in my country are on a strike. So yeah, picking it up at the store. Don't want to wait any longer.

MrPliskin

Banned
THE:MILKMAN said:
If you are talking about Eiger then you need to get right over to the left onto the sand coloured gravel lift off-down 1 gear-turn and hit the apex-back on the throttle.

That is what I do anyway.

I tried HSR with the R8 and did a 1:16:963 after 7 laps. Lots of understeer....... Also 1:17:103 Integra at Eiger.

That's an awesome time on HSR, I'll see if I can't match the Eiger time. I'm about 600ths of a second slower than you, and that seems like MASSIVE time to make up :lol I'm still blown away by the guy who got 1'14~. I'm able to keep up with his ghost up until last portion of the series of chicanes, then he starts to pull away. I generally stay around a second behind him, and then he hits that last turn out of the tunnel and just disappears :lol

Niks

Ranger X said:
The perfect line is just logic after all. This website might be interesting if you want to devellop racing skills. That knowledge will apply to anything racing with cars.
http://www.drivingfast.net/

Should be added to OP for people new to racing or for people who want to review or hone their skills. Good read.

LiK

Flek said:
Oh wtf amazon.com !?

"Important Message

i ordered the CE in Aug and did not get any emails from Amazon.

Flek said:
Oh wtf amazon.com !?

"Important Message

No message for me (Portland, OR) and I just pre-ordered it 4 days ago. Still says Nov 24th with Release Date delivery.

darkwing

uh oh i looked at my amazon order closely

Important Message
We thought you should know that we're experiencing a delay with your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please take note of the revised shipping and delivery estimates marked in red below.

but it says Nov 24 in red? eep?

TheSeks said:
The game's out in a couple of days and you're paying $20 extra for a standard copy? You couldn't wait?

<3 GainesvilleGAF

Oh, $55. Plus around $10 shipping (because we know eBay over charges) so you're paying $5 more. Still, you couldn't wait four days?

$80 vs $64 in the store is a pretty good deal to me to have it early; I'd probably have paid $100 :lol . Fingers crossed.

I still have a CE coming in from Amazon. I'll probably gift or sell the standard copy.

<3 GatorGAF

edit: He's shipped it already!!!!!

Az

Valkyr Junkie said:
$80 vs $64 in the store is a pretty good deal to me to have it early; I'd probably have paid $100 :lol . Fingers crossed.

I still have a CE coming in from Amazon. I'll probably gift or sell the standard copy.

<3 GatorGAF

edit: He's shipped it already!!!!!

Expect to have it tomorrow. ;-)

darkwing

Patrick Bateman said:
299€? Oh, didn't know it's that expensive. :eek:

you also need something to clamp the wheels on :D hopefully not like this

nate001.jpg

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It's real: in 20 hours I will have it in my hands, I'm just out from my micromania!

A new twist with the release date! Legendary!

marc^o^ said:
It's real: in 20 hours I will have it in my hands, I'm just out from my micromania!

A new twist with the release date! Legendary!
We need this twist around the world! I will continue to stake out stores in Toronto.

My brother is a vendor for a bakery, i.e. he drives to local Wal-Mart and Kroger stores and stocks bread, doughnuts, etc. At his weekly stop at a Wal-Mart located in south-central Kentucky, he spotted a stack of retail GT5 copies stored in the back of the store. I emphasize that these were in the back of the store, NOT on the floor where customers could possibly purchase one.

I know I'm a random internet poster to all of you, but I can confirm that a local Wal-Mart does have copies in-hand.

Anyone have any guides for building your own cheap stand? I'm already finding it hard to justify the cost of a DFGT even though I want it really bad. The stands are so expensive....

Also will Amazon deliver to us on Thanksgiving day?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom