• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT| an Ode to the Automobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
BSTF said:
8MP photo mode, among other things.
You're still going on about that?...

Who said it doesn't? First people thought it was just 800x500, then just 1080p, then someone posted a 6MP one. How about you wait and see?

And what other things might those be?

commedieu

Banned
ah.. im digging the airbrake/
spoiler.

Is it just me? Or how epic is it to have this track in the GT level of quality/photo reality? Its like you can remember where he is on the track.. I'm hearing clarkson narrate in my ear... I'm expecting to see a few people standing at the finish...

Its going to be good to see people take the replays and make reviews/tributes or something of vehicles when the time comes. Kinda makes me smile a bit. Just a real classy touch from PD to add this fan favorite.

pix

caliblue15 said:
The only thing holding me back is having to build a stand for the wheel. I could easily do it with PVC pipe....

Im gonna enjoy GT5 on my 1080p monitor rather than my 720p TV so I just anchor it to my desk.

Rflagg

With all this amazon talk I decided see to see what mine said. I get the:

Important Message
We thought you should know that we're experiencing a delay with your order. We apologize for any inconvenience. Please take note of the revised shipping and delivery estimates marked in red below.

Yet, my delivery estimate is still the 24th, ugh not I am not sure if I should cancel or not if I am forced to wait longer still I will go crazy.

Edit: O shit pre-orders on collectors sold out at Wal-mart and gamestop doesn't even list it any more guess I am going hold my breath and hope for the best.

SolidSnakex said:
You can tell that the physics are very accurate as the Veyron handles like shit.

Looks like it might be a bit faster than reality though!

That second lap looked to be on pace to beat the Stig's time.
Still impressively close to reality.

edit: I'm an idiot. Moving start.

MrPliskin

Banned
Metalmurphy said:
4 seconds and something, and 4 seconds is ALOT on a small track.

Not only that, but driving around a Veyron like that IRL is really absurd. People are acting like beating real times in a video game means something :lol

If you're not afraid to die, you can beat ANYONE'S top time on ANY TRACK in ANY racing sim :)

gunther

dankir said:
He drove like shit and was only 3 seconds slower than the Stig's time??

WTF?

Soemthing around 1850 KG. Big engine, 4 turbos, 4WD and fancy pancy interior.

Thing is fast as shit though. Imagine if they made an even more hardcore version, totally stripped out lol.

small track, racing tyres, non pro-physics. god now what else and its just a GAME.

Smokey

Bobo said:
Note; Has to be pressed during actual gameplay.

What tha fuck?

So I have to wait for the race to actually get going and then press triangle to get it to work? Why can't the smart guys at PD just put that shit in a menu :/

MrPliskin said:
Not only that, but driving around a Veyron like that IRL is really absurd. People are acting like beating real times in a video game means something :lol

If you're not afraid to die, you can beat ANYONE'S top time on ANY TRACK in ANY racing sim :)

Yep that why some pros get eve better times on games , there's no fear of death.

I do want to hear about the head tracking because whenever I saw it used (giantbomb) people were doing it wrong (to my understanding). It works on eyeshine not the position of you head, so people kept turning their head but looking forward to see what the screen did and it didn't work right. You should have to keep your head still and look to the sides slightly and it will turn the screen more to the side view.

BobTheFork said:
I do want to hear about the head tracking because whenever I saw it used (giantbomb) people were doing it wrong (to my understanding). It works on eyeshine not the position of you head, so people kept turning their head but looking forward to see what the screen did and it didn't work right. You should have to keep your head still and look to the sides slightly and it will turn the screen more to the side view.

That makes no sense at all. If you look to the sides of the screen it would then move the image from the side to centre. As your eyes look to the centre again it woud reset back to racing view.

It should be done by head turn NOT eye turn because you can turn your head to the side whilst maintaining your gaze at the centre of the screen.

dankir said:
He drove like shit and was only 3 seconds slower than the Stig's time??

WTF?

Soemthing around 1850 KG. Big engine, 4 turbos, 4WD and fancy pancy interior.

Thing is fast as shit though. Imagine if they made an even more hardcore version, totally stripped out lol.

Are people really not realizing that RDKs' lap is rolling start as opposed to the standing start they use on Top Gear? Jeez, come on people.

edit: good, I'm not the only one.

MrPliskin said:
There's not a single corner on the top gear test track that would give me fear of death. Now something like the corkscrew in Laguna Seca or the Champions Wall in Montreal... that could give me a fear of dying. :D

spats

gutterboy44 said:
I feel a tingling in my pants, an Amar update must be near.

2590-deadpool_400.jpg

Majine

Banned
I like to think that the PSN maintenance right now is to prepare for the unslaught of people that are going to play GT5 online.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
painful fart said:
Earlier today I actually cancelled my amazon order and put an order at a local shop. Together with an order on a G27 I might add, so hyped. :D

I was lucky enough to goto my local best buy and they had 1 more GT5 collectors pre-order left.

-viper- said:
what the hell you on about?

producing racing tracks =/= 'coping and pasting' mp3 files to the soundtrack folder.

It was supposed to be a joke about tracks/tracks

Now i know it was beyond terrible.

Move on.

spwolf

Metalmurphy said:
You're still going on about that?...

Who said it doesn't? First people thought it was just 800x500, then just 1080p, then someone posted a 6MP one. How about you wait and see?

And what other things might those be?

obviously he has been pushing his thing for a while, i would just leave him alone, who cares, not worth your breath.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Goldrusher, dont those belong in the image thread? The snow one is remarkable.

And Expy, damn that's big!

Use this link instead:
http://i.imgur.com/dN8Znl.jpg

imgur auto makes thumbnails in small and big by adding either "s" or "l" to the end of the image url.

Bobo

Smokey said:
What tha fuck?

So I have to wait for the race to actually get going and then press triangle to get it to work? Why can't the smart guys at PD just put that shit in a menu :/
I have no idea why and I aint sure if they even 'fixed' it for GT5. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom