• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

Goldrusher

Radec said:
Any chance that this race is repeatable (with prize) ? :p
The time trials and drift trials in the Seasonal Events are not repeatable. The races however, are. With the exception of special Gran Turismo races, but I don't think there are any of those at the moment.

rvy

Banned
funkystudent said:
I wonder if the spec II will have a new intro and a new music track. Probably not. it will probably have a short intro of a truck dropping off the new GTR or something.
They should just give us the epic JP opening.

Stoffinator

Stoffinator said:
Some of my cars don't appear to be working, When I go into garage and click under BMW V12 LMR Race Car '99, the game loads back to the menu, :-s

EDIT: Races also do not work for me. They just stick in the loading screen. They were working fine a few hours ago.

Well after hours of deleting and re installing, I think I figured out what caused it. It seems all the cars I bought off the recent updated Online Dealership are causing me the problems under B Spec.

I am unable to load the cars, when I click on them, it just goes to a load screen and kicks me back to the My Gran Turismo home page. This also stops me from going to my garage and using the Triangle button to remove the cars. So it appears these cars are stuck in my garage forever.

I still have not figured out why some races in B Spec freeze on the load screen. The system itself doesn't freeze, just the loading never finishes. So far no such problems under A Spec.

Anyone else have any of these issues with the cars from the Online Dealership?

amar212

Gran Turismo 5 Spec 2.0 OT: Welcome to Gran Turismo World

We have to stay classy and simple and we have to respect the legacy of the series, in the same time with giving information about what has been delivered.

That is the slogan from the very first game and ot repeats through every GT game so far. Also, it is part of the Main Screen background in GT5.

Alos, it will cover DLC with the "overalness" of the meaning and OP should be also noted how DLC related info will be included in that topic once we get the details.

My 2 cents.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| the safety lap is over

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| the real race starts here

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| MOAR SKYLINES!!!!!

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| she needs Premium Dude! PREMIUM!! DUDE!!!

offshore

Radec said:
Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| Perfection, Delivered.
Yeah, let's not go crazy.

Still, they got time/weather for offline so I'm happy. Too bad they haven't made paint chip usage unrestricted and unlocked though. Only GT5 could have a situation whereby you have to dupe paint.

Metalmurphy said:
Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| We Love DLC
Do we have any actual details on the DLC to come? All I know is there's a car pack, a track pack and something like a Driver pack with suits and helmets.

Do we know which tracks? Which cars?

Radec

offshore said:
Yeah, let's not go crazy.

Still, they got time/weather for offline so I'm happy. Too bad they haven't made paint chip usage unrestricted and unlocked though. Only GT5 could have a situation whereby you have to dupe paint.

This is GT5. We are allowed to go crazy. :)

paskowitz

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| In Kazunori we trust

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| You want support, you can't handle support

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| Remember when this game came out? Well its better now.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| Unfazed by tsunami, Chapter 11, Verse 35

amar212

At this point communication from both Kazunori and SonyBlog notes "Spec 2.0" as official title, not "Spec II" as we had in times of Prologue. It should be correctly reflected on the title if it will be communicated like that when the update arrives.

Edit: I see I'm too late with my proposals :) Nice OP Murph, now let's what will morning greet upon us..

It's up guys:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31698656

amar212 said:
At this point communication from both Kazunori and SonyBlog notes "Spec 2.0" as official title, not "Spec II" as we had in times of Prologue. It should be correctly reflected on the title if it will be communicated like that when the update arrives.

Edit: I see I'm too late with my proposals :) Nice OP Murph, now let's what will morning greet upon us..

I can still change it, but I think I covered most of what you mentioned. Except for the 2.0/II deal. I don't really consider the Sony blog to be a good source of info so i'll change it if it's indeed 2.0 on the game itself :p

My B-Spec Bob was driving the World Compact Car Championship and I gave him a stock Skyline R32 just to make sure that he wins.

He almost lost the last race at Capering against the Mini Cooper S '07.

e: And thank you for the free X2010, Kaz. My B-Spec Bob won the lvl 5 Clubman Cup with it.

I couldn't sleep :(

VERSION 2.0 1192 MB OH YEAH

wait, what is that about spa. Mush has it as his PSN "motto" too, what is this madness.

64 MINUTES LEFT OH WHY LORD WHY

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
mikespit1200 said:
Am I imagining things or is there signigifcantly less tearing in 720p compared to 1080p?
Well considering that at 720p you get 2 to 4 more frames per second updating on average than at "1080p", yeah it's probable.

TTG

That new GT-R is just a tiny bit numb, but god damn is it a monster. Completely stock(sports soft) with no assists other than ABS and I put up 7:02.6 at the ring. And I suck on the ring, sub 7 minute times could easily be had for someone with more experience. Lot's of downforce on reserve too, very fast car.

Edit: 6.57 easy with an oil change.

krioto said:
So glad I waited until post-spec 2.0 to do the new Red Bull seasonal - a cool 10m for under 2 minutes work!
Less money and higher prices for me. Did the seasonal yesterday, got 5M and didn't buy the Formula GT, which was 2.5M and is now back to 5M.

Damn.

TTG

brotkasten said:
Less money and higher prices for me. Did the seasonal yesterday, got 5M and didn't buy the Formula GT, which was 2.5M and is now back to 5M.

Damn.

Remember they were announcing how they were bumping the experience up 3x, prices cut in half and some other stuff(credits for winning seasonals?) for a limited time? I guess the days of buying random shit or duplicates because we were just throwing credits away bumping up against the 20 mil limit are gone. On the upside, I have nothing left to buy in the game that I would actually drive, lol. The latest online dealer update was just on time too, that would of cost me about 16 mil otherwise.

STG

Animal said:
Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| IN THE WORLD.

Yes you're supposed to read that in Clarkson's voice.
oh god, I totally did that
eekspnc.gif

I saw in the Giantbomb quick look of FM3 that the host of an online race can force cockpit view for everybody. Would you like that in GT5? I think it's an interesting option.

Angst

Permadeath said:
I saw in the Giantbomb quick look of FM3 that the host of an online race can force cockpit view for everybody. Would you like that in GT5? I think it's an interesting option.
No, let people use the view they like. It's not like it has any impact on my game if someone wants to race from behind the car.

amar212

Permadeath said:

That same option was very important in PGR3 online for example.

But I also agree with Angst to some extent.

However, I'd like to be able to prohibit usage of "Roof Cam" because it really gives a ton of advantage because of enhancement of FOW and different perception of physics which often leads to misjudgement of situation on the track for those that use it.

Few members of my community were using Roof Cam exclusively - because they use it in Time Trialing for reasons of visibility and physics-model abuse - and we invested a great effort to make them stop using it.

STG

brotkasten said:
How can I get that?
http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/941103-gran-turismo-5/faqs/61796

pre-patch you could make a new psn account with that specific birth year and boot the game up, if you got the ticket you had to gift it to you main account, if not, delete save and re-try till you got the car you want.

but since you are no longer allowed to gift cars over a certain price I think this no longer works, maybe you can still gift "gift car tickets" I don't know

magawolaz

brotkasten said:
How can I get that?
From what I understand you get this kind of tickets as birthday gift, so you have to make another PSN account with the date of birth set as today (and year ---> 1967), then go to GT Life and... surprise :) Go to Community > Gift and take the ticket. Then send the ticket to your original PSN account (obviously you need to have it on you friend list). On your account, take the ticket, save the game, backup your save. Use the ticket and look if you get the Miura. If you don't, restore save data via backup and try again until you win the car.

Yesterday a Gaffer (6for8) gave me two 1967 tickets, I won the Miura and the Ford Mark IV *_*
Try ask him for tickets if you don't want to do this whole procedure.

I hope you understand how to do it, sorry for my english

Angst

Birthday trick no longer works as you can't gift cars that expensive. But perhaps you can gift the ticket instead?

Just pray that you don't get the Mazda Cosmo Sport from the ticket :D

Syn23

Is there a list of cars included in the "Super GT 300 class" that you can now select under Car Restriction, in Online Lobby? If not, can someone who owns all the cars check what cars can be selected?
For me they are (sorted by Model):

Premium:
ARTA Garaiya '08
Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06
CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA '08
Weds Sport IS350 '08

Standard:
SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00

Is there something else?

magawolaz

Yes, you can gift tickets.

Syn23 said:
Is there a list of cars included in the "Super GT 300 class" that you can now select under Car Restriction, in Online Lobby? If not, can someone who owns all the cars check what cars can be selected?
For me they are (sorted by Model):

Premium:
ARTA Garaiya '08
Amemiya AsparaDrink RX7 '06
CUSCO DUNLOP SUBARU IMPREZA '08
Weds Sport IS350 '08

Standard:
SUPERAUTOBACS APEX MR-S '00

Is there something else?
Look here: http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=159182
As you can see, the list is not "official", but I think it's pretty good.

Top Bottom