• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 |OT2| We Love Cars

_RT_

2 quick questions-

1. Is there an easy way (or a way period) to turn off the music?

2. Two-player split screen. There is no replay option????? Am I missing something?

UFRA

_RT_ said:
2 quick questions-

1. Is there an easy way (or a way period) to turn off the music?

2. Two-player split screen. There is no replay option????? Am I missing something?

1. I'm not sure, but I'm guessing that if you went into the music menu and set it so that all songs were not used for M-R-S (Menu-Race-Slideshow) then maybe it would disable all music.

Or just go into options and set menu, replay, race, etc. music volumes to 0. lol

2. Not sure.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
spats said:
Yup, that's a really cool experience. No stupid gear indicator flashing constantly makes all the difference. It also makes you appreciate the smooth visuals a lot more.

I love it... but I've also realized that I'm incapable of remembering what gear I'm in. :lol

I've used it as a crutch for so long apparently. It's taking some time to adjust, and I notice I've been driving more cars with the digital indicators. haha.... sigh. I suck.

dwebo

Shaneus said:
So, I finally hit level 17 then for the moneys, finished off the karting. What you win for finishing the karting series? Paint. Fucking PAINT :lol

The prizes in this game are beyond woeful.
Well, what'd you expect them to award you for winning some kart races? An F1 car? :lol

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
criesofthepast said:
Are there any known issues with the data install? Mine seems to be stuck at "20 minutes left" and doesn't look like its moving.

That's just what it does... never changes until it's done. :lol

Greg

criesofthepast said:
Are there any known issues with the data install? Mine seems to be stuck at "20 minutes left" and doesn't look like its moving.
Ignore the counter - it takes about an hour.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
well that 1m mclaren fully tuned didnt make it trough the gt allstars race at all. wow.

guess ill save up for that 5m car ;_;

Tiduz said:
well that 1m mclaren fully tuned didnt make it trough the gt allstars race at all. wow.

guess ill save up for that 5m car ;_;

I believe some people won that race with a ZR1(Race Modded)

As for me, I had a choice between the Minolta 88C-V or Formula Gran Turismo so it was a piece of cake :lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
fu3lfr3nzy said:
I believe some people won that race with a ZR1(Race Modded)

As for me, I had a choice between the Minolta 88C-V or Formula Gran Turismo so it was a piece of cake :lol

i kinda wanna save up for the formula GT :lol
any easy spot to money grind?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
thanks, dont think i have a car for it yet but that shouldnt be a huge problem, any recommendations?

edit: so i dont floodpost, thanks for helping me out!

Ok Bonus #4, the Dodge Challenger. Am I just bad? I'm getting left in the dust. When I max speed @ 105 or so on the straight aways they just burn me.

demosthenes said:
Ok Bonus #4, the Dodge Challenger. Am I just bad? I'm getting left in the dust. When I max speed @ 105 or so on the straight aways they just burn me.

20k custom transmission > adjust gears to higher top speed > ???? > profit

expy

Banned
After staying away from Historic Cote4 d'Azure and NASCAR Daytona for a long time... Finally got rid of both today! :lol

a9Mtw.png

fu3lfr3nzy said:
20k custom transmission > adjust gears to higher top speed > ???? > profit

Just did it and was .105 from 1st, :lol

Try it again tomorrow!

I could read the help, but what does the higher speed offset?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
demosthenes said:

i took shortcuts trough the grass :lol

Fusebox

Banned
Kept coming 5th in the Honda CRZ race until I realised it could be bumped up 4hp and so I did it and then I came first. Who woulda though 4hp would make such a difference?

Diebuster

demosthenes said:
Just did it and was .105 from 1st, :lol

Try it again tomorrow!

I could read the help, but what does the higher speed offset?

Acceleration, so it's better to have a balance rather than shooting it to the max.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I've looked everywhere, but how do you turn on mechanical damage in offline mode?

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
weekend_warrior said:
It's only available in the practice mode. It will show as an option in the screen were you pick automatic/manual trans, tires, etc.
What? That's unbelievably lame :lol

Thanks for the info.

Branson

So the fiat 500 challenge in the seasonal events, it says the car has to have 65hp but the one in the dealership has 68. Halp?

Diebuster

Branson said:
So the fiat 500 challenge in the seasonal events, it says the car has to have 65hp but the one in the dealership has 68. Halp?

When I bought it the HP went down to 63, I didn't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me or what. It did qualify for the seasonal event though.

Branson

Diebuster said:
When I bought it the HP went down to 63, I didn't know if my eyes were playing tricks on me or what. It did qualify for the seasonal event though.
Ok thanks, I was confused a bit there lol.

Branson said:

PD's answer: the car hasnt "broken in" yet, hence the lowered HP. Once you drive it for a few hundred(or thousand) miles, the HP will bump up.

cilonen

Just realised it's now playing Jazzy/Lounge versions of Christmas songs at the main screen (where you select GT Life, Arcade, GT TV etc.). :D

Afrikan

JUST GOT MY first steering wheel since the U-Force.

Logitech DF GT

so far its been so f'n fun...as a first time wheel user, is there anything I should know?

any settings I should mess with?

UFRA

Afrikan said:
JUST GOT MY first steering wheel since the U-Force.

Logitech DF GT

so far its been so f'n fun...as a first time wheel user, is there anything I should know?

any settings I should mess with?

In the general wheel settings under the game's option menu, I made sure and turned Power Steering to "on" and as far as force feedback goes, I found it to be pretty nice at around 7. Although that's preference.

darkwing

UFRA said:
In the general wheel settings under the game's option menu, I made sure and turned Power Steering to "on" and as far as force feedback goes, I found it to be pretty nice at around 7. Although that's preference.

wow so its better to have the power steering to On?

UFRA

darkwing said:
no, i mean mine was Off all the time :lol

:lol Oh ok. Yeah, I would turn it on and give it a try. lol I just did that by default because I've driven cars in real life without power steering before and it's kinda crappy. So naturally I thought that option would help out, and that setting combined with force feedback at 7 really feels about right compared to a typical car.

Branson

Which GTR did you guys use for the last seasonal challenge? I'm looking at the Spec V thinking this might work but it's 157,500 and didn't want to spend that much on something I wasn't sure of.

dwebo

Branson said:
Which GTR did you guys use for the last seasonal challenge? I'm looking at the Spec V thinking this might work but it's 157,500 and didn't want to spend that much on something I wasn't sure of.
Spec V. There's probably a more optimally weighted GTR somewhere, but you're going to want to have a Spec V in your garage anyway, since it's a great car.

TTG

Anyone else find themselves shuffling through camera angles? A lot of the time I'm in cockpit mode, but if the view is restrictive or it's a standard car, I use the bumper cam. On rally stages and in the rain, I still find myself going to the chase cam to see exactly where what is sliding. If anyone is using the chase cam for dry events, you're really missing out on the detail. Not visually, but in terms of when your car starts to lose grip. There's a huge difference in how perceptible it is with the cockpit/bumper cam vs chase.

TofuEater

Branson said:

Get the vanilla GTR, the specV isnt worth it for the price (double the price, only marginally faster). With the 70k difference you can buy all the weight reduction upgrades. Then blitz the seasonal challenge.

darkwing

UFRA said:
:lol Oh ok. Yeah, I would turn it on and give it a try. lol I just did that by default because I've driven cars in real life without power steering before and it's kinda crappy. So naturally I thought that option would help out, and that setting combined with force feedback at 7 really feels about right compared to a typical car.

well that makes sense because modern cars have power steering anyway :D i'll turn it on later after this 1000km Suzuka race, my M. Burns is already lapping the 2nd place driver by 26 laps :lol

Top Bottom