• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Photo Sharing Thread

ElyrionX said:
Ok, I'm from Asia and apparently I was deluded for thinking that I could secure a copy of GT5 on day one without a preorder because I was just told by the local game store that my copy cannot be guaranteed when GT5 launches here tomorrow.

Stocks of the game allocated to my country (Singapore) was abysmally low and retailers had to resort to parallel importing the more expensive European R2 version to meet local demand. Apparently, only 20% of the preorders can be filled as well and new stocks will take weeks to arrive; that's how bad the situation is. There's no way I'm going to be buying the import R2 version over the local R3 version because that creates issues for purchasing DLC (requiring an EU credit card) that I really don't want to deal with and I suspect many of those purchasing the R2 version have absolutely no idea what they're getting into with regards to DLC. Fortunately, I managed to pull some strings and secured my copy for tomorrow.

But it's absolutely astounding how Sony is fucking this up. I mean, this is their biggest release of the holidays and of the year. Is it too much to ask for supplies to be ample enough such that the average joe can walk into the store on day one and purchase a copy without any hassle? In the short time I was in the store, I witnessed another dude walking in and asking about GT5 and was shocked to find out that just because he didn't preorder, he's not going to be able to buy GT5 tomorrow.

It's really not surprising Sony is doing so badly this gen when they can fuck up something so basic like that. I mean, god damn, I thought only Sega is this stupid.

...That's uh, unfortunate?

CozMick said:
Can't believe this thread has taken a back seat to allow the Vs thread to be shit on............

Some glorious new photo mode shots from a guy called Ron86 on the GTP forums

5200626019_b3b0a35c84_b.jpg

5201219922_15edbed6a6_b.jpg

5200628281_5b6666b94b_b.jpg

5201221548_1bc263f44e_b.jpg

Holy sh**, This game needs to be in my hands now! ...I was really hoping to pick this up at midnight.

CozMick said:
Can't believe this thread has taken a back seat to allow the Vs thread to be shit on............

Some glorious new photo mode shots from a guy called Ron86 on the GTP forums

5200626019_b3b0a35c84_b.jpg

5201219922_15edbed6a6_b.jpg

5200628281_5b6666b94b_b.jpg

5201221548_1bc263f44e_b.jpg

OMG disgusting. I need this game right now!

jett

D-Member
So apparently the new patch hasn't activated youtube uploads...what's up with that. I think this thread might need a title change.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jett said:
So apparently the new patch hasn't activated youtube uploads...what's up with that. I think this thread might need a title change.
Spats made me aware of it this morning and we already have a new banner in place incase there isn't youtube functions. I'm waiting to see things more thoroughly examined before going to that measure.

chris0701

jett said:

I dunno why online feature was "disable " at disc itself.

Maybe even 11.25 launch date is really rushed for PD.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Metalmurphy said:
Cars don't get wet like they do in PGR if that's what you mean.
And as much as I love PGR, the cars 'getting wet' in PGR was really only a dynamic kind of texture added on top of the car bodies. No dripping or stuff like that.

zoukka

enzo_gt said:
And as much as I love PGR, the cars 'getting wet' in PGR was really only a dynamic kind of texture added on top of the car bodies. No dripping or stuff like that.

Duh...

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
Dint think it's because you are easily impressed, it looks fantastic. It's not just photo mode that looks great in this game. Gameplay is gorgeous.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
dark10x said:
What's bs? The fact that some tracks look like a PS2 game?

They absolutely do. I wish that were not the case, but some of the environments in these shots are ugly.

Not only are you wrong, but this shit does not belong in this thread.

belvedere

Junior Butler
Thunderbear said:
Not only are you wrong, but this shit does not belong in this thread.

Dark knows his material, but this must be the first racing game he's ever witnessed.

This isn't a photography game where you're sitting still taking pictures of landscapes. It's a racing game where there isn't one moment where you aren't moving 100 MPH past said landscapes. In fact, there's a photo mode dedicated to the key pillar of the game, CARS.

Double D

Wow, totally thought that GTI shot was RL at first glance. Haven't played one of these 'types' of games since Forza 2. Hype building....must.....resist....

dankir

Man... I really hate this split between premium and standard.

I want to take pics of all the cars not just some!@!@!?!?@!?

BAH!!

Iknos

My desktop is begging for some 14-18MP GT5 shots...have there been any posted yet?

Do image hosting sites even support that size?

Iknos said:
My desktop is begging for some 14-18MP GT5 shots...have there been any posted yet?

Do image hosting sites even support that size?

There's no 14-18MP shots. Only 8MP. And what monitor do you have that supports a 5200 x 3464 resolution?...

Iknos

Metalmurphy said:
There's no 14-18MP shots. Only 8MP. And what monitor do you have that supports a 5200 x 3464 resolution?...

Just a regular 1920 by 1200 monitor and I throw up high res pix regularly. They supersample just fine.

8MP will do just fine...I thought it went higher than that though. Would be nice for some prints.

Forsete said:
Just wanted to say my game arrived today, and I have been playing ever since I got home.

So good!

Two pictures to celebrate.

My first ever car in GT5 in my first ever race. :D
FdUUS.jpg

And because the car and track both are NUTS.
RXev6.jpg

Apologies to Forsete but he posted these in the main thread and they really deserve to be here. The Zonda one is incredible.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Damn man that is such a bummer the standard cars are so inferior looking. They actually look worse with all the hi-res fancy shit going on.

In the end though i probably wont care a whole lot. Just wish the premium count was higher than 200.

Top Bottom