• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

OH MY GOD! That sounds fanatastic, kinda hope we get another track as well, one we can race on. But still, the next DLC is going to be awesome.

magawolaz

Oh my God, thanks PD :Q_

Question: looking at the official news, they talked about fixing the shuffle races issue with a patch around mid January. I believe this is patch 2.03. So...are we getting DLC this month? Or will the patch be delayed until february (for the "Approximately 'Every Two Months' " schedule)?

amar212

Question: looking at the official news, they talked about fixing the shuffle races issue with a patch around mid January. I believe this is patch 2.03. So...are we getting DLC this month? Or will the patch be delayed until february (for the "Approximately 'Every Two Months' " schedule)?

I do not know anything official, but I presume this have to be connected with GT5 XL releases in USA.

Release is scheduled for January 17th, and this report says how both 2.03 update and new DLC is scheduled for January 18th.

I can see this DLC coming *earlier* than previously announced (new DLC every other month) because of that, as logical and welcomed incentive to additionally push sales in both front (both retail edition and new DLC).

We should know soon I presume. US PSBlog was very *scheduled* in releasing all updates-info a week before actual content was available, and dates tell us we should get that info today. After all, all this *leaked* info looks like usual PSBlog captures.

darkwing

ew2bB.jpg

oxKWA.jpg

no words

Angst

LOL this game will never ever go out from my ps3 XD.

It's crazy the support PDI is giving to GT5.

LOVE you Kaz ^^.
I think it's absolutely fantastic. I'm used to companies releasing cars and tracks as DLC, but in addition to the expected DLC Polyphony is still releasing updates to the main game.

Perhaps it's a good thing they didn't put in a "Number of hours played" counter in the game...

spats

I think it's absolutely fantastic. I'm used to companies releasing cars and tracks as DLC, but in addition to the expected DLC Polyphony is still releasing updates to the main game.

Perhaps it's a good thing they didn't put in a "Number of hours played" counter in the game...

Well, there's always the amount of "ingame days" played in the save file. :p

Curious to know what you guys are at.

BADNED

Beautiful news. Can't wait for the premium Jag!

I just hope they gift the new NSX Conpect to everyone who gets the new update like they did with the Toyota 86GT.

Angst

Well, there's always the amount of "ingame days" played in the save file. :p

Curious to know what you guys are at.

Yeah, but as I've done a lot of three hour stints (or longer) practicing for our online races the "ingame days" doesn't really reflect on my true play time.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Yeah. Just set the pit in strength level at the minimum. Btw you can save mid race when you enter the pits so you don't have to leave the PS3 on all the time. But you can't do anything else in the game, once you boot it again it'll go directly to the race.

Thanks. Another quick question. If I put all four drivers in a race, do they all get the full experience or do they split it up? I noticed that once when I went into a somewhat longer race in Extreme, not realizing that I could have put two drivers, he still did reasonably well even as he was driving the last third of it with completely empty bars, so maybe as long as I just put a good enough car, it won't matter if he's completely drained for half the race?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Yeah. Just set the pit in strength level at the minimum. Btw you can save mid race when you enter the pits so you don't have to leave the PS3 on all the time. But you can't do anything else in the game, once you boot it again it'll go directly to the race.

Always wondered if the game still registers your online bonus for the day or if it won't count you as being online and thus cutting down from 200% to 170% bonus and so on.

Also, can't wait for the DLC (hopefully there's a bundle) but I sure hope there's some kind of (slight?) variation included to use that so-sexy test course to do some proper races as well instead of just the oval speed test

What's going on with this game? I put it down in November and now there seems to be a ton more new content after Spec II. I can't keep up with this game.

Mush

What's going on with this game? I put it down in November and now there seems to be a ton more new content after Spec II. I can't keep up with this game.
What, you thought they'd swindle your cash for Spa and leave it at that?

That's not how Kaz rolls.

Oh nice, now that is a tasty update! That speed test track is so desperately needed. I have wanted a system to measure my cars performance for so long. Prior to release I thought Top Gear test track was going to have all of these timing things in place but it never happened. That said, that results page for the oval track should really be added to the Top Gear test track too. I want metrics damn it!

ashk

Always wondered if the game still registers your online bonus for the day or if it won't count you as being online and thus cutting down from 200% to 170% bonus and so on.

The online bonus still gets registered. I did the 4-hour Nurburgring race over three days and I got the 200% boost at the end (which amounted to a crapload of experience).

Angst

Also, can't wait for the DLC (hopefully there's a bundle) but I sure hope there's some kind of (slight?) variation included to use that so-sexy test course to do some proper races as well instead of just the oval speed test

I'm considering doing an X1 NRL race on the oval in the future - might be fun! :)

The online bonus still gets registered. I did the 4-hour Nurburgring race over three days and I got the 200% boost at the end (which amounted to a crapload of experience).

It just maintains whatever online bonus you had at the start of the race. It won't keep going up if you keep playing the endurance race each day.

amar212

I'm considering doing an X1 NRL race on the oval in the future - might be fun! :)

Guys at GTPlanet speculated how this "Course X" could go for 20+ kilometres in total span.

So, maybe you should better establish a championship with old Fiats competing for reach the 1-lap podium via all necessary means :)

Huayra or Zonda Cinque in the next DLC pls, kthnx.

Day 1 for the track and car pack. I have too much in game credits that I'm just buying the same cars in different colors :lol

Angst

Guys at GTPlanet speculated how this "Course X" could go for 20+ kilometres in total span.

So, maybe you should better establish a championship with old Fiats competing for reach the 1-lap podium via all necessary means :)
"who can make it the furthest on one tank of fuel? "

paskowitz

I do not know if anyone has noticed, but the test tracks will actually let you test the performance of your car. (1/4 mile, top speed, max g's, etc) While not stated maybe this includes drag racing... which would be awesome. Veyron vs GTR YES PLEASE!

Awesome news. Time to buy that extra PSN card because i´m buying it all.

Test track news is yet again another proof the game wasn´t ready and it was pushed by Sony to be released.

Of course the game was supposed to have one, but they just couldn´t get it done at the time.

Makes me believe even more that they really lost time with the whole GT HD concept idea and that the entire GT5 development was pushed back at least two years because of that. Easy to understand why so many things are still missing.

Add two things from GT5 Prologue and this game will be glorious (some leaderboards, some set online races, we badly need those seeing hundreds and hundreds of 2-3 car lobbies out there).

-------------

The main thing is, we´re almost there. The vision they have for the game is great and most of the features missing they know it should be in it.

GT5 already improved a lot since it´s release and i´m sure GT6 will be a hell of a game from the start due to this.

paskowitz

Awesome news. Time to buy that extra PSN card because i´m buying it all.

Test track news is yet again another proof the game wasn´t ready and it was pushed by Sony to be released.

Of course the game was supposed to have one, but they just couldn´t get it done at the time.

Makes me believe even more that they really lost time with the whole GT HD concept idea and that the entire GT5 development was pushed back at least two years because of that. Easy to understand why so many things are still missing.

Add two things from GT5 Prologue and this game will be glorious (some leaderboards, some set online races, we badly need those seeing hundreds and hundreds of 2-3 car lobbies out there).

-------------

The main thing is, we´re almost there. The vision they have for the game is great and most of the features missing they know it should be in it.

GT5 already improved a lot since it´s release and i´m sure GT6 will be a hell of a game from the start due to this.

Seattle, are you going to come back to the NRL? I think a race between you, me, ashk, Toxa and RounD would be legendary.

mclaren777

It was updated in the last update. It's not exactly like GT3 but it's "better"

Why does a sim racer like you play in third person anyway? oO

I prefer playing GT games with a controller, and if I'm using a controller, I prefer the third-person camera because it gives me a better sense of my surroundings.

Top Bottom