• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
It's telling him to try harder and keep cool. You push him too hard he's mental health drains faster and he starts making mistakes, but some times you have to risk it. Bobs only start overtaking without problems around lvl 35, before that they do tend to just kiss the other cars instead of overtaking.

And yes, softs are always better, and they don't ware out until the endurance races, but imo they just make races way too easy.

Thanks. I just started him in some races he'd been struggling in with simply changing to softs and he's tearing it up.

RS4-

Finished first, jumped from level 10 to 22. My driver went into pit lane with everyone else (thought he'd only do that if I told him to). Ended up winning by only 1.3 secs ahead of second and third

edit - ugh, how do you make it so he doesn't pit (if at all)? I canceled pit at the end of the 7th (when everybody else goes in) but I didn't know he goes in himself the next lap and I ended up losing the race because he crashes upon entry lol.

gillty

Banned
This car is near perfect, hope to see it up to premium one day. Its been nearly a year since I got it and I still love it.

hondas800rsc5ro5y.jpg

Polyphony

I had a little fun with Photomode tonight. I took the pictures from Kaz's 24hr race and did my best to reproduce them in-game.

Early morning qualification session (used 50% cloudy weather at 9 AM)

DFdd0.jpg

Race day, 9 PM

jU6rI.jpg

Finish line, 4 PM

32PHX.jpg

lol

OplVpl.jpg

AndyD

aka andydumi
Hmm, now its $20 of content and no mention of the other description which says $25 and 4 tracks. So maybe no new track pack after all?

Hmm, now its $20 of content and no mention of the other description which says $25 and 4 tracks. So maybe no new track pack after all?

They didn't say "DLC from early 2012" out of no where. It's still coming, just not included in the XL version.

Doubt you can put redeemable codes for stuff that isn't even on the store yet.

DarthWoo

I don't know if I should really be taking the word of a list I got from the GameFAQs forums, but I was wondering what I'm missing in tuning a certain car I just bought. According to some list, the maximum PP on a Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 should be 770. The highest I can reach is 680. Does fiddling with the customizable parts have the potential to raise it that much more?

I don't know if I should really be taking the word of a list I got from the GameFAQs forums, but I was wondering what I'm missing in tuning a certain car I just bought. According to some list, the maximum PP on a Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 should be 770. The highest I can reach is 680. Does fiddling with the customizable parts have the potential to raise it that much more?

Increasing the Aerodynamics does increase PP, there's also engine break-in.

Solal

Did you change oil?

AndyD

aka andydumi
They didn't say "DLC from early 2012" out of no where. It's still coming, just not included in the XL version.

Doubt you can put redeemable codes for stuff that isn't even on the store yet.

You definitely can, that's how preorders work.

But I meant is that the DLC wont be very soon as some were speculating, before the XL disc is out. It can be, but its not as sure of a thing.

You definitely can, that's how preorders work.

But I meant is that the DLC wont be very soon as some were speculating, before the XL disc is out. It can be, but its not as sure of a thing.

What do you mean? You don't get the PSN Voucher codes as soon as you pre-order.

offshore

Next DLC will probably release the day after the next update in January. Voucher will probably unlock it once the next update is installed.

New update, same request...paint chip store. I continue to be baffled by who at Polyphony thinks sorting through 2500+ paint chips is a good idea.

amar212

I know I will sound like MFVanilla, but I really want Original Tracks pack.

Let's say 30 euros for 20 tracks with variantions. Sold.

We need tracks. We've been playing 8 hous session yesterday and it was damn predictable.

Why the Cape Ring tracks are not available in reverse? Where is Suzuka West? Why can't Tokyo city tracks be available as a daytime too? Damn everything.

offshore

I think there is meant to be a patch in January but DLC is not for then as far as I know.

I'd think that the next DLC will be part of the January update, and then you'll just unlock the content like you did with the previous DLC which were part of the last updates.

amar212 said:
I don't understand where all the great GT2 courses have gone. Rome Night, Tahiti Dirt 3, Grindelwald.... why hath Polyphony banished them :/

Though there was that screenshot ages ago with Grindelwald listed on the modellers' computer, so there is hope...

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.

We need tracks. We've been playing 8 hous session yesterday and it was damn predictable.

Why the Cape Ring tracks are not available in reverse? Where is Suzuka West? Why can't Tokyo city tracks be available as a daytime too? Damn everything.
Ok, who are you and what have you done to amar?

Niks

lol rage!!

I agree to some extent, but I rather they polish classic tracks for GT5 before releasing them. For example Trial Mountain looks passable at best, it could use an update.

Shame they spent time creating Cape Ring. Awful track.

i76qSbqFPAx1W.gif

Playing against the A.I at the ring on Arcade mode is so good. If you race properly and under the correct conditions its such a blast, the a.i are so good.

Niks

gtplanet said:
Online retailer NewEgg had previously listed XL’s DLC voucher at $25, but they have since revised their product description earlier today to mirror Sony’s comments.

hmmm...

rvy

Banned
lol rage!!

I agree to some extent, but I rather they polish classic tracks for GT5 before releasing them. For example Trial Mountain looks passable at best, it could use an update.

Shame they spent time creating Cape Ring. Awful track.

You mean that they look bad?

AndyD

aka andydumi
What do you mean? You don't get the PSN Voucher codes as soon as you pre-order.

Sometimes you get them by email as soon as you preorder. And you enter them in and redeem stuff even if the game is not out, let alone DLC or unlock codes. I had 2-3 things redeemed for both Infamous 2 and Killzone 3 months before the games even came out.

As soon as it is coded into PSN database it can be redeemed with a code. So if PD has already scheduled say "Track Pack 2" and added it to the PSN database as an item, it can be redeemed with an appropriate code. Even if the actual DLC is not available, or has not even been submitted for review by Sony or PD has not even started working on it. Your account will have the item registered as purchased and when its available in the game with a patch, bam, you can use it.

Question : did Sony discontinue the original bundle that had the first DLC packs combined? I found a reference to buying the bundle on the GT5 page in the store but then there's no link to actually buy it - only to all the individual DLC packs.

DarthWoo

Will I be doing chassis damage to my car in the beginner A-spec races? I've been doing mainly B-spec, but I'm trying my hand at driving now and even with bronzes in most of the license tests, I keep crashing into walls a lot (probably due to bringing cars that are completely overpowered for the race) and I know that chassis repairs are obscenely expensive.

Will I be doing chassis damage to my car in the beginner A-spec races? I've been doing mainly B-spec, but I'm trying my hand at driving now and even with bronzes in most of the license tests, I keep crashing into walls a lot (probably due to bringing cars that are completely overpowered for the race) and I know that chassis repairs are obscenely expensive.

Won't matter.

DarthWoo

Wow, I created a second Bob because I finally realized why some races allow for multiple drivers (although my poor original one did fine despite driving 10 laps with completely empty strength and mental strength bars) and I guess it's the fact that I put him in a pro race in my strongest car right off the bat, but man can they be awful drivers. I think he was doing even worse than I do in the same circumstances. At one point he spun off the track and into a wall, and instead of immediately trying to recover, he just sort of sits in the grass for five seconds.

Edit: And yeesh, the new driver's bars are completely empty just four laps in.

Is anyone expecting a preview of a "new" GT at E3 with the PS4 being heavily rumored to be there? Not necessarily GT6, but a glimpse at what to expect like Vision GT.

Top Bottom