• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 5 Spec II |OT| - We Love DLC!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Is anyone expecting a preview of a "new" GT at E3 with the PS4 being heavily rumored to be there? Not necessarily GT6, but a glimpse at what to expect like Vision GT.

haven't really thought about it, but makes sense. With the premium models they could really go to town. Need to work on some proper premium tracks though.

spats

I don't think for a second that we'll see anything even resembling gameplay, especially from a PD game. Maybe next year's E3. I don't know why, but it just feels too early.

I'm not really talking about gameplay. Just a teaser of what to expect like Vision GT

Vision GT - E3 05 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XS0CxRsvBns

Vision GT - TGS 05 trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_k0CGmhb88

The E3 trailer showed that they were aiming for more cars on track than in previous games. It also hinted at them trying to have more "activity" going on around the track (like all the crew members on the side of the track). The TGS trailer gave us our first look at the PS3 car models and teased the cockpit view.

I think we might get a preview of GT6. It'll be a year and a half since GT5 came out and Kaz did say GT6 would be much quicker to develop, a preview of the next GT with a release date late 2013 seems plausible, 3 years development for the next GT on the PS3.

However if Sony do reveal the PS4 then I have no doubt that PD will have a tech demo of some sort to show off.

spats

I believe the initial reveal will be something similar to that, but for once I agree with Pachter. I'm having a very hard time picturing a ps4 reveal + target renders/teaser videos being shown off this summer.

Sony should seriously consider having an "Ultimate" version of GT5 at the PS4's launch. Basically what they were planning to do with GTHD, but without all the microtransactions. 1080p, locked at 60fps and with photomode models used in-game. The shadows and pixelation problems would also be fixed.

Since we're talking about old GT Concepts, does anyone remember a demo of GTHD that had cars and bikes in it? I swear I remember watching off-screen footage of it years ago. The track was New York, maybe Korea.

Toxa

Since we're talking about old GT Concepts, does anyone remember a demo of GTHD that had cars and bikes in it? I swear I remember watching off-screen footage of it years ago. The track was New York, maybe Korea.

gthd-2-lg.jpg

spats

Sony should seriously consider having an "Ultimate" version of GT5 at the PS4's launch. Basically what they were planning to do with GTHD, but without all the microtransactions. 1080p, locked at 60fps and with photomode models used in-game. The shadows and pixelation problems would also be fixed.

Personally, I agree. But would it really be enough for people to run out and buy (what I suspect will be an extremely expensive) system to play an old game? GT is arguably their only system seller and they'll want to effectively leverage that.

Yep that's it, I can't find the footage I remember seeing though. Shame the whole GTHD thing didn't pan out. I guess the Standard cars in GT5 are remnants of it.

Actually even back then they already had premiums, I remember the first scan with 2 premium RX7s around the same time, they were just gonna separate them differently I think.

Stoffinator

Personally, I agree. But would it really be enough for people to run out and buy (what I suspect will be an extremely expensive) system to play an old game? GT is arguably their only system seller and they'll want to effectively leverage that.

People buy the HD Collections that aren't all that old. Look how well Prologue did. I believe if they were to do GT5 in a HD remake fashion, it would sell very well.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Complete DLC Pack #1 has been removed from the store?

Mxrz

I'll never understand why the GT mode AI is so meh in comparison. Maybe I just don't notice it as much there cause I'm not looking for it.

Really liking that the new seasonals are paying out so well. Maybe less so after the b-cup spa one expires, but still.

Niks

GT6 is going to be for PS4.
Whatever they can do with GT5 they can do it through patches.

I do wonder what would PD show in a GT6 Vision trailer?
I mean, yeah, GT5 has plenty to fix, but what could they show in the trailer that would make you go wow?

It obviously wouldn't sell as well as a new entry in the series, but I think that it could put up some solid numbers. Certainly it would be appealing to the hardcore fan, and there are a lot of those. It would be GT5 the way it was meant to be played.

I mean, yeah, GT5 has plenty to fix, but what could they show in the trailer that would make you go wow?

I'd just expect it to show a hint of where they'll be going with GT6. I could see it showing off GT5 tracks with really elaborate weather conditions. They'd probably have enough time to put something like that together since the already have a weather system. They could even show off cars losing their headlights at night in weather (which definitely needs to be in the next game)

Dibbz

Day/Night and weather on all or most tracks. Better collision physics. Damage that leaves debris on the track. More than 16 cars for endurance races with multiple car classes.

spats

Full NASCAR grid running at a locked 60fps, mwha.

More of a general wishlist for the next game:

1. Photo mode that lets the player properly explore every facet of the car
2. Convenient Youtube uploading of replays and possibly some simple in-game editing options for applying photo mode effects/swapping camera angles
3. Restructured career mode with an emphasis on actual ownership of the cars*
4. Rally track/course generator theme for Finland. Kaz even said he wanted to visit Jyväskylä. :p

*) I don't mean adding sick neon lights or spinners to the car or dumb shit like that, but maybe move away from the museum of mostly valueless cars. More towards the player more or less having to feel attached to a car he or she has bought. The whole in-game credits system needs a rethinking in my opinion. I'm not sure if that's making any sense... I'm having a hard time articulating what I'd actually want from a proper GT Life but I feel like a lot of their efforts are kind of going to waste because of a half-baked front end.

Then there's always the stuff like full weather options on all tracks, animating crossing hands on the steering wheel and upgrading brakes... some of which is bound to happen and some of it will maybe never happen.

Correct, but it's still stupid. :|

And I want to see your non-side-view face. :|

Denied! :D

Polyphony

More cars on track, better representation of various motor sports.

Think marshals and FIA flag rules, safety cars, races with multiple classes, fuel management, race days with practice and qualification.

Emwitus

Lttp: Yesterday, I played spa for the first time and wow!! What a glorious track! Up there with nurb ring. (and for free on seasonals)Took some pics but dont know how to mOve them to gt website :( help???
Ps: gt5 is the only game I can play nowadays. My attention span for games as I got older just went down the drain no idea why. Anyway, just wanted to say thanks kaz for giving me a game where every time I pick it up to play I find something new even after one year.

Polyphony

Two ways:

1. Go into Photos, open photo, select Share - the picture will be uploaded to your profile on the gt website
2. Go into Photos, (hold L1 to select multiple photos), press triangle for the popup menu, select Export to XMB, quit game, copy XMB photos to USB

I've jumped back into GT5 after a long hiatus (before the big update) thanks to my new HMZ-T1's. The 3D is actually quite nice. Definitely a resolution downgrade but still very playable and incredibly immersive. Loving it!

24 cars at least, day/night/weather on all tracks, and lots of tracks. That's enough for me.

Melfice7

I'll never understand why the GT mode AI is so meh in comparison. Maybe I just don't notice it as much there cause I'm not looking for it.

There's only one problem with the AI, they're not fast enough, but they are well aware of whats happening IF you're not all over the place like a maniac

I'm going by the seasonals and arcade AI though, haven't played a-spec in months

Emwitus

Two ways:

1. Go into Photos, open photo, select Share - the picture will be uploaded to your profile on the gt website
2. Go into Photos, (hold L1 to select multiple photos), press triangle for the popup menu, select Export to XMB, quit game, copy XMB photos to USB

Thank you poly!! My first run at SPA!!

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_5.jpg

CircuitdeSpa-Francorchamps_3.jpg

Donos

what's the fastest way to get a proper racing car.I have around 150.000 credits, all licenses except the last because i'm only at level 14 and have made half of the amateur/profi series races. I just wan't to race the races with supercars/race cars but not enough money and no race in sight where i could maybe obtain one. I just have alot of compact cars/slow/weak races left. so i'm stuck. winning the left tiny races till i have 500.000 credits (with selling all my cars) for a proper racecar would be a pain.

what's the fastest way to get a proper racing car.I have around 150.000 credits, all licenses except the last because i'm only at level 14 and have made half of the amateur/profi series races. I just wan't to race the races with supercars/race cars but not enough money and no race in sight where i could maybe obtain one. I just have alot of compact cars/slow/weak races left. so i'm stuck. winning the left tiny races till i have 500.000 credits (with selling all my cars) for a proper racecar would be a pain.

Just do the Seasonal Events, you probably already have a car for the European Hatchbacks, and with 150k you can buy one for the other events. Lots of money there.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

Don't be like that, man! :( ;___;

Seriously though: I went into the store to look for the bundle and it's gone. A punishment for not getting it before the disc, I guess.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Is it accurate that a higher PP may not necessarily be a good thing? I was reading a guide to getting the Corvette ZR1's PP to 698, but one of the things it said to do was tune the aero to give maximum downforce on both sides. Another guide says that PP may rise even if mods are actually detrimental to the performance.

Is it accurate that a higher PP may not necessarily be a good thing? I was reading a guide to getting the Corvette ZR1's PP to 698, but one of the things it said to do was tune the aero to give maximum downforce on both sides. Another guide says that PP may rise even if mods are actually detrimental to the performance.

Increasing aero increases the PP, but you go slower so that could be considered "detrimental".

Actually even back then they already had premiums, I remember the first scan with 2 premium RX7s around the same time, they were just gonna separate them differently I think.

Oh yeah I remember now, GTHD Premium and GTHD Classic.

Premium was disc based and had like 30 premium cars and 2 tracks, with some DLC planned.

Classic was a free downloadable PSN game that was pretty much GT4 HD with more cars on track and online. It came with a few Standard cars and tracks initially but you could buy packs from the Playstation Store to expand your game. Something like 700+ cars and 50+ tracks.

Both titles were going to be updated regularly with new/improved features.

Oh yeah I remember now, GTHD Premium and GTHD Classic.

Premium was disc based and had like 30 premium cars and 2 tracks, with some DLC planned.

Classic was a free downloadable PSN game that was pretty much GT4 HD with more cars on track and online. It came with a few Standard cars and tracks initially but you could buy packs from the Playstation Store to expand your game. Something like 700+ cars and 50+ tracks.

Both titles were going to be updated regularly with new/improved features.

Yeah it was something like that, then people complained and Kaz said they dropped that idea, and everyone thought that meant the standard/premium thing as well, then 4 years later BAM! lol

The Crimson Kid

what are you waiting for
Speaking of that car, it's annoying that the version with red interior trim changes colour when you paint the exterior. Why do some cars' interior change colour when you paint them? Annoying...

Because you'd come across that same annoyance if you tried to buy that car in real life.

Marco1

Speaking of that car, it's annoying that the version with red interior trim changes colour when you paint the exterior. Why do some cars' interior change colour when you paint them? Annoying...

I always liked this. It shows the care that goes into designing each model. Similar to how the colour is matched to the showroom model.

rvy

Banned

I miss this. Polyphony should absolutely make another Tourist Trophy. Or, at least, add a new mode with Spec 3.0, where you race cars and bikes at the same time. Someone tweet Kaz. Also, beg him to license Senna's helmet.

IF MY GAME ISN'T HERE TOMORROW, I'M BOMBING ZAVVI'S HQ. Fuck it.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I always liked this. It shows the care that goes into designing each model. Similar to how the colour is matched to the showroom model.

I think that it's awesome for when you buy a car from the car dealer.
Terrible idea to apply that to custom paints, tho.

offshore

Because you'd come across that same annoyance if you tried to buy that car in real life.
Er, I think you misunderstood the point. If I paint my own car in real life, the interior colour doesn't magically change itself, does it...

Maybe it's a license thing, and manufacturers only want certain interior/exterior colour matches. That would suck if so.

Putty

GT6 for me I'd like all technical deficiencies ironed out. When I say all there are not THAT many! Shadows, framerate, low res alpha effects. I'd like to see a few more new Motorsport disciplines, something like the Dakar Rally could be awesome! Expand the existing diciplines etc etc. Improve the A-Spec mode/career. I'm sure Kaz will suprise us as he normally does!

amar212

Is anyone expecting a preview of a "new" GT at E3 with the PS4 being heavily rumored to be there? Not necessarily GT6, but a glimpse at what to expect like Vision GT.

I see one of these scenarios as possible:

1. announcement of GT6 for PS3 for late 2012
2. announcement of Gran Turismo Universe project for PS3
3. Gran Turismo Vita (not likely to ever happen IMO, but you never know)
4. Tourist Trophy expansion for GT5

If any of the rumours about PS4 being announced on E32012 are true, I see GT *maybe* only as a part of some showreel. If PS4 project is underway, I do not see PD will showcase it prior to the next E3 and full reveal of the console.

So much stuff to *milk* in GT5 and we already got an official confirmation how current DLC is just the beginning of the *platformization* of GT5. Thus, either some big news for GT5 or something related to the Vita, although I do not see a *full* GT game being made for it, maybe some kind of *cross-platform* project.

I played Vita and I have to say how it is not so good for driving games, same as PSP weren't. Yes, it have second analogue stick, yes it have shoulder buttons, but same problem as PSP is still there - the *grip gap* is still too small in order to provide with comfortable play for more than hour. I really hope GT5 will be compatible with Vita's cross-play so I can use it for Remote Races and B-Spec races, those two would be perfect.

However, I deeply welcome every new announcement from Polyphony, even the most spectacular one: Gran Turismo 6 being made as launch title for PS4, coming in November 2013 ;)

BTW SolidSnake - or anyone else, of course - do you have that infamous screenshot of bikes and cars together in the gameplay of GTHD project of 2006? I literally spent hours Googling it and searching all available databases, but nowhere to be found. It was released only once backthan and it showcased the motorcycle and the car on the some track.

Top Bottom