• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 |OT| Moon Rover The Castle

ruttyboy

Haven't played in months and yet last night I got an email from Sony titled:
"The World Is Your Track in Gran Turismo 6"

For a few seconds I thought, "Shit! They've done it! They've stealth released the GPS course maker!"

Open the email and it's just them trying to push the pay to win aspects of buying credits from the PSN store.

"Did you know you can speed ahead of the competition by purchasing in-game credits from PlayStation®Store? With in-game credits you can buy and then drive off in an amazing variety of vehicles. Take a look"

At this point sending that email title almost seems vindictive, certainly sarcastic. C**ts.

If we see GT7 proper (not some prologue shit again) on PS4 before Jan 1, 2017, I will eat my G27 steering wheel. It's fucking useless on PS4 anyway, so might as well eat it.

offshore

Changing the subject a little bit, I've come to realise something after playing GT6 again over the past few weeks, in that after moaning endlessly about the oil/engine/car wash, etc, animations in GT5 (and previous versions), and after being delighted that they were omitted from 6, I've come to a rather worrying conclusion... that I actually miss them!

It's crazy. I can't believe I'd ever be saying it... but PD, bring the animations back! (Just make them skippable or an option, LOL)

ruttyboy

is it finally happening? Dionisiy on GTP found a promo video by Pulse Films released weeks ago:

http://vimeo.com/117585188

Maybe that email I received was part of a scheduled marketing plan intending to publicise the course maker, PD missed the deadline but they had to send something in that slot so they fudged one together?

I did think it odd that the email is phrased as if I've only just played the game recently rather than 13 months ago:

Capture.png

Maybe that email I received was part of a scheduled marketing plan intending to publicise the course maker, PD missed the deadline but they had to send something in that slot so they fudged one together?

what was the email?

#gt6iscoming was a hashtag used pre-launch, so it looks old.

Seems that video is old and from 2013:

Dec 10 2013

Director Ninian Doff has created a series of innovative new spots for flagship Sony Playstation title Gran Turismo 6 for London based creative agency Brothers & Sisters.

Gran Turismo 'Beat'
Gran Turismo 'BMX'

GPS Course Maker is never coming to GT on PS3 :(

dubc35

Ambitious Kaz is too much. He needs to morph into Complacent Kaz for the next round.

He needs to be replaced. Sony needs to package it as a way for him to attain his goals outside of the video game portion of GT, then put someone in his place that has sole RAA over the video game.

ShamePain

Banned
He needs to be replaced. Sony needs to package it as a way for him to attain his goals outside of the video game portion of GT, then put someone in his place that has sole RAA over the video game.

Not gonna happen, he is on the board of directors of SCE and is in charge of the best selling sony franchise out there. Also, japanese culture doesn't seem to be fond of replacing people unless they fuck up in a major way. So yeah, the chances of PD's management changing are pretty slim.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
Like the poster above me said, that's not even in the cards. Which is a shame, because there is so much untapped potential in this franchise. I stopped playing GT6 about 3 months ago, and to be honest have no intentions of buying 7 (unless some changes in their design philosophy are made).

I really liked this franchise.

amar212

He has those same cars since 2004, sans GT-R that he got with the special rebate.

Also, IIRC, the S2000 is custom built by his friend, the Opera Performance owner (or was it Spoon..).

Having 2 GT40's is the envy moment.

Also, his 911 is pretty old one, he made a tribute to that car with GT3 final Time Trial test on Complex String back in 2001.

dubc35

I'd be having fun with the pizza sign too if it meant I took a year to make a single track

Ha, seriously. I wonder how many revisions and approvals it went through before going to Kaz for final approval, because he should be overseeing all aspects of the game like this, lol.

I guess beggars/complainers (self included) can't be choosers with regards to content in this series now.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though tbh I'm more excited just knowing it'll be there in GT PS4... unless PD start inexplicably removing tracks again. lol.

The only tracks that you likely have to worry about not returning at those that still retain assets from the PS2. This one is a PS3 track. It also has dynamic weather and time of day, so it's definitely returning.

Also, B-Spec has surfaced

The B-Spec mode in which an AI driver can take over for the player who was introduced in all racing events in career mode. You can use the B-Spec mode for races where you find it difficult the qualifications, for example at the longer endurance races, or if you just enjoy as a spectator a race. You can select B-Spec from the Quick Menu, which will be shown before the start of a race event in career mode.

gt6-bspec-2xfu0k.jpg

gt6-bspec-1cau5u.jpg

http://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-b-spec-mode-revealed-in-new-game-screenshots/

Good thing we are almost out of beta and version 1.0 will be released SOON.

That way they can quickly move on to PS4 development.

/sarcasm

On a good note i absolutely love Seattle and Midfield. Will try to jump back into the game one more time to see what´s up.

Also, it´s february and no GT Academy news? I wonder if they took my advice to host the competition on PS4... allowing us to have a sneak peak of what could GT on PS4 can be.

Midfield looks like shit! If they're planning on using these same tracks on GT7 I will be very disappointed. No matter how good the cars look if the tracks are still essentially PS2 assets.

It's so bizarre, I mean, you can see that they did try to upgrade Midfield to a new generation, but it's just not quite good enough.

ALL IS FORGIVEN!

EDIT: I wonder what this cryptic sounding quote from their pitstop article means? ...

People on GTplanet have been confused about what they mean by that as well. Here's a lap around MF from GT2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi5fF9qyA78

It's kinda hard to believe that after so long there may have been something that people have missed about that track. But then again we also learned about the camera flash with Bald Bull after 22 years.

Niks

Midfield looks like shit! If they're planning on using these same tracks on GT7 I will be very disappointed. No matter how good the cars look if the tracks are still essentially PS2 assets.

It's so bizarre, I mean, you can see that they did try to upgrade Midfield to a new generation, but it's just not quite good enough.

Nah, it looks just fine for a PS3 track.

heres to hoping these "new" tracks are actually being downgraded to release them on PS3... and that there are PS4 versions ready.
yeah right lol

Mascot

Fired up GT6 for the first time in absolute ages the other day. My Fanatec GT2 made some funny noises on initial startup but seemed ok after that, and I forgot to turn the Buttkicker on for the first hour, but hot-lapping the BMW Z4 GT3 around the Red Bull Ring is still as sweet as I remember it was. The game has issues, no doubt, but when it's good... man, it's goooood.

Still need to source a proper car seat to replace my Playseat though. That thing doesn't get any comfier with age.

Mascot

Fanatec CSL

Aha..! Looks good, but I'm not in the market for a whole new cockpit, just a replacement seat. There's a car body repair shop next to where I work and they often get written-off cars. The owner has promised to look out for a decent sporty seat in good condition for me.

amar212

I read it as racing midfield on your ps2 copy of GT2 on a backwards compatible PS3 might do something. Who knows

You don't need a "backward compatible PS3" to play GT2.

Every PS3 console can play PSone games.

What you need is a GT2 game disc ;)

Top Bottom