• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 to feature Mount Panorama

Izick

Curious to see how this develops.

It's kind of funny how we all are seeing a PS3 tech demo one day, and then seeing multiple rumors about PS4 development the next.

while we are list making. What I want in GT6.

Completely redesigned menus and UI. everything new in game hud. new menus.

Adjustable Time of day or cloud cover on all tracks. Everything in GT5 looks better when its overcast. the default weather is super sterile and makes everything look fake.

Return to the GT3 chase camera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e7Y4QFbg3w

More visual customization. Instead of the current paint chip system have a have a paint shop with a rotating stock of rare paints + a constant stock of stranded paints. Also a Livery editor.

Integrate special events into A spec mode.

Maybe after a number of races you get invited by a well known racing driver to race them or beat there time on a track or get a invite to dick around on the top gear track (if they still are slowed to have that track in the new game). These events can be like boss battles.

More track variation in A spec. I swear I was racing around the same 5 tracks by the end of the game.

More seasonal events. Maybe have daily events on tracks with smaller pots. Maybe something like SSX's global challenge system could work in GT.

Ability to get inside the car in photomode without glitching.

Izick

There's gotta be a GT title coming for Vita... I hope so... it's pretty much the only PSP game I play on my PSP.

Did not think of this. Definitely a possibility.

Did they still do this detail of track-work for the PSP games? I guess it's a whole different ball game for the PSV.

The only thing I would say against that is, why would they call the Vita game GT6?

while we are list making. What I want in GT6.

Completely redesigned menus and UI. everything new in game hud. new menus.

Adjustable Time of day or cloud cover on all tracks. Everything in GT5 looks better when its overcast. the default weather is super sterile and makes everything look fake.

Return to the GT3 chase camera http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5e7Y4QFbg3w

More visual customization. Instead of the current paint chip system have a have a paint shop with a rotating stock of rare paints + a constant stock of stranded paints. Also a Livery editor.

Integrate special events into A spec mode.

Maybe after a number of races you get invited by a well known racing driver to race them or beat there time on a track or get a invite to dick around on the top gear track (if they still are slowed to have that track in the new game). These events can be like boss battles.

More track variation in A spec. I swear I was racing around the same 5 tracks by the end of the game.

More seasonal events. Maybe have daily events on tracks with smaller pots. Maybe something like SSX's global challenge system could work in GT.

Ability to get inside the car in photomode without glitching.

100% agreed. Best list I've seen.

f0rk

make it a ps4/psv release with car trading.

They can call it........ TransCARing.

Surely they could do even more than that? Seems like the perfect game for cross connectivity.
I'm still on the fence about the Vita but a GT game would definitely get me on board.

Did not think of this. Definitely a possibility.

Did they still do this detail of track-work for the PSP games? I guess it's a whole different ball game for the PSV.

The only thing I would say against that is, why would they call the Vita game GT6?
The majority of the content of GT PSP was converted from GT3 and GT4. It has almost all the tracks from GT4, and 800 cars... it's an incredible amount of content, more than any other handheld racer, and I guess more than any console game.... apart from GT5.

So I guess if they're gonna do GT Vita, it'll be largely converted from GT5 content. The idea of GT4 in your hands made me buy a PSP... I'll buy a Vita for GT5 in my hands too.

He wants to save during a endurance race AND be able to play another mode without being forced to quit the game after saving or forced to finish the endurance race when booting up the game.
Correct.

He wants to save during a endurance race AND be able to play another mode without being forced to quit the game after saving or forced to finish the endurance race when booting up the game.

Basically impossible since the game does pretty much a save state of what's going on. It also would makes no sense that your driver/car would be in 2 places at the same time. How would you even handle changes to the car like break-in, oil usage, milage etc

gogogow

Basically impossible since the game does pretty much a save state of what's going on. It also would makes no sense that your driver/car would be in 2 places at the same time. How would you even handle changes to the car like break-in, oil usage, milage etc

How come you can save at all and is allowed to continue the race 6 months later and still be no.1 while all the other drivers keeps driving? Come on, it's a game.

You can change whatever you want to your car, but when you continue the saved endurance race everything will be the same as when you started the race and all the stats like milage etc. will be added after you finish the race, as simple as that OR you are not allowed to use that car, unless you buy another one.

You could lock up Spec-A. You should totally be able to do other stuff, especially Arcade Mode. It's clearly a bodged job, the best they could achieve with a patch.

How come you can save at all and is allowed to continue the race 6 months later and still be no.1 while all the other drivers keeps driving? Come on, it's a game.
They don't? It's basically a pause game.

You can change whatever you want to your car, but when you continue the saved endurance race everything will be the same as when you started the race, as simple as that.

So your milage/engine break-in/etc would go back? And what you did before would just disapear? It's not that simple if you understand how GT5 works.

gogogow

So your milage/engine break-in/etc would go back? And what you did before would just disapear? It's not that simple if you understand how GT5 works.

OR you are not allowed to use that car, unless you buy another one. Yeah, i'm sure it's rocket science only you would understand...

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Gran Turismo 6 to feature Mount Panorama

seymour.gif

OR you are not allowed to use that car, unless you buy another one. Yeah, i'm sure it's rocket science only you would understand...

I'm sure you're more talented then PDs 120+ team and fully understand how they handle saved data/memory/etc for the save feature.

Hey, I heard they were hiring, you should think about it.

I really hope PD hire a community manager this time round. The inclusion of Bathurst indicates they read stuff but it would be so much better if there was some kind of communication going on and people knew what was happening in development and could give feedback. Posted on the PS forums when GT5 was first shown and everyone was saying just wait, trust Yamauchi blah, blah. He didn't deliver and then had to try and fix all the problems post release. This is what happens when you have zero communication with fans.

Agent X

Some people may be cracking jokes about GT6 possibly having a long development time ahead of it, but these two quotes should give some perspective:

Given the quality of the premium car models in GT5 I suspect they won't have nearly as much difficulty getting GT6 up and running for a PS4 launch window.

Meh, part of the reason why GT5 took so long was because a lot of the work they did for it was also for the future (they did insanely detailed models of all cars which were downgraded for GT5 and IIRC the physics model is easily adjustable instead of them having to build it from scratch for every game). GT6 shouldn't take nearly as long.

A good chunk of the difficult work in GT5's development was adjusting from the models used in previous GT games to the quality of models that GT5 on PS3 demanded. The modeling they've done for previous cars is probably "good enough" to be usable for the next few years, so they don't need go through that all over again for GT6. Their efforts can instead be concentrated on improving other aspects of Gran Turismo.

saladine1

I really hope PD hire a community manager this time round. The inclusion of Bathurst indicates they read stuff but it would be so much better if there was some kind of communication going on and people knew what was happening in development and could give feedback. Posted on the PS forums when GT5 was first shown and everyone was saying just wait, trust Yamauchi blah, blah. He didn't deliver and then had to try and fix all the problems post release. This is what happens when you have zero communication with fans.

This is a very important point. Ultimately, there needs to be some sort of coherence on the part of Sony/PD..

f0rk

The majority of the content of GT PSP was converted from GT3 and GT4. It has almost all the tracks from GT4, and 800 cars... it's an incredible amount of content, more than any other handheld racer, and I guess more than any console game.... apart from GT5.

So I guess if they're gonna do GT Vita, it'll be largely converted from GT5 content. The idea of GT4 in your hands made me buy a PSP... I'll buy a Vita for GT5 in my hands too.

How about GT6 in your hands with simultaneous PS3/4 and Vita releases... believe

A good chunk of the difficult work in GT5's development was adjusting from the models used in previous GT games to the quality of models that GT5 on PS3 demanded. The modeling they've done for previous cars is probably "good enough" to be usable for the next few years, so they don't need go through that all over again for GT6. Their efforts can instead be concentrated on improving other aspects of Gran Turismo.
They've still got loads to do. There's just over 200 cars that are worthy of GT6. Modelling those apparently took ages. They need to at least triple that number, if they're gonna get rid of the Standard models, which needs to be done.

How about GT6 in your hands with simultaneous PS3/4 and Vita releases... believe
I can't see it.... I'd expect mostly GT5 content but maybe they'll use some GT6 content (newer cars and maybe a couple of newer tracks) too... maybe just enough for cross platform play like Wipeout 2048 and HD.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Mmmm, GT6 talk. Sooo good. My guess is not launch but within the first year of PS4.

I have a feeling that they will correct most of the mistakes made with PS3 at its early stages. I can see this one being held for PS4 with everything premium and upped detail. It already looks damn good but could use much more detail on the tracks among other things. If the next system is as powerful as we are lead to believe, that should be doable easily.

Awesome track, hopefully its next gen since I have so much left to do in Gt5. And tbh we really need only one GT a gen.

I hope in the next game, original tracks get better treatment. I mean think about it, accuracy isn't important since they're original so you should be able to model them much more efficiently than real world tracks. You can even go nuts and change or add scenery to your hearts content. Use the existing assets from real world tracks and populate the originals with them (like Spas trees). No reason to use the same textures.

And please no liveries, spend that effort on anything else.

gillty

Banned
Gt series doesnt need to take anything from anywhere. GT5 is well oncourse to hit 10m in sales and even GT5P demo sold 6m. On the other hand , the other franchises are becoming irrelevant in sales with every game iteration.
Great story Junior, now tell me how this has anything to with the inclusion of V8 Supercars.

Needs to be a launch title. No excuses. Just get the game out the door and support it afterwards with patches and updates. Also put an end to the GT Prologue BS.

Top Bottom