• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 to include the Goodwood Hill Climb

Goldrusher

/!\ July 11 - new trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33XHZ0A51ck

--------------------------------------------------------

A very original location to include.

Goodwood’s renowned 1.86km Hill Climb, centre piece of the British stately home’s annual Festival of Speed, has been announced as a new track to feature on the forthcoming Gran Turismo®6 for PlayStation®3.

The Goodwood Festival of Speed has an enviable international reputation as a celebration of all things automotive and motor sport. The annual event, held at the family home of the Earl of March, features an array of cars that spans from the beginnings of the automotive industry at the end of 19th century to the very latest cars proudly displayed by the manufacturers. The range and scope of the event is mirrored by Polyphony Digital’s aspirations for "The Real Driving Simulator".

"I have always been a huge admirer of the Festival of Speed and what Lord March has achieved," explains Polyphony Digital President and legendary creator of Gran Turismo, Kazunori Yamauchi, who will don his own race suit and helmet to pilot a number of cars up the famous Hill at Goodwood. "I love the incredible range of cars on display – from the priceless, rare and exotic, to the latest family hatchback and full on racing cars – I love the challenge of the Hill Climb and the rally stage. Goodwood represents every type of motoring and motor sport which very much mirrors what we aim to achieve with Gran Turismo and so it is very special that we have forged this partnership. There will be no better feedback than that provided by the Goodwood fans to tell me if we are heading in the right direction with Gran Turismo 6!"

9253377219_cfda75c2665vb31.jpg

ic1bXEWpGkQ6t.jpg

i1HpRuh8tsAeGSH.jpg

i1T87LuLsofTcuH.jpg

9256157464_27d91430ebj5l4a.jpg

i17FxxgXIHM5QuB.jpg

9253376391_f1fe3eb55chga12.jpg

more screens: http://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/news/00_3833505.html

blog post: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2013/07/10/gran-turismo-6-goodwood-hill-climb-course-unveiled/

So we have all the new tracks/locations now? The original PR said seven iirc:

-Silverstone
-Brands Hatch
-Matterhorn
-Willow Springs
-Bathurst
-Goodwood
-Tokyo (night)

:(

dalin80

Banned
Small there were 200k people there last year. For festival of speed, it was so busy I couldn't move next to the track. Would love to know what a big car show is.

It is small, 1.86km full run. Compared to a lot of the tracks in GT it's going to be very fast and narrow.

Really nice recreation. OK, it's a bit of a novelty, but it's kind of a cool inclusion. I'll be happy to run it a few times in single player, but it's only really got three corners. There's just not much to keep you coming back.

Really nice recreation. OK, it's a bit of a novelty, but it's kind of a cool inclusion. I'll be happy to run it a few times in single player, but it's only really got three corners. There's just not much to keep you coming back.

Apart from it being damn beautiful.

It's there for cars to parade around in all their beauty. So when you think about it, a perfect fit for Gran Turismo.

Lotus...

Lowest selling GT game confirmed?

AutoTrader... Gran Turismo series to go defunct?

God, this game looks fucking unreal. Hoping for a PS4 port someday.

I swear I looked at the photographs in the OP and thought they were actual pictures of the track until I clicked on them and made them bigger. Holy crap this game is gorgeous.

Mush

Oh wow, when they announced that GT6 would be playable at Goodwood I had a funny feeling they might unveil its inclusion at this years event but I even now I'm still trying to take it in.

Good job, PD.
Still hoping for Watkins Glen.
You and me both, buddy.

Niks

im divided on this...

one one hand the GT brand and goodwood fit nicely toguether.. on the other, you cant even race in here...
so I guess its a photo-location/time attack track??

also I wonder why pikes peak wasnt anounced?

I really want to race the Goodwood Hill Climb said no-one ever.

Once again PD show how out of touch they are. Bathurst will kind of redeem the game, I guess.

FlyFaster

So does this mean uphill will actually be featured in this game/ Pikes peak would be nice as well as some more general uphill tracks so we can battle ala Inital D ;)

So we have all the new tracks/locations now? The original PR said seven iirc:

-Silverstone
-Brands Hatch
-Matterhorn
-Willow Springs
-Bathurst
-Goodwood
-Tokyo (night)

:(

Do you mean Ginza from the NSX trailer? That's probably a photo mode location.

They really needs to clarify the "33 locations, 71 layouts" numbers, since it obviously doesn't include the GT5 DLC (it would be 37 locations / 79 layouts if it did). One theory I've thought of is that if you own the GT5 DLC you'll get it in 6, and if you don't you'll still have to buy it. But we've seen Spa in GT6 screenshots already, so that would be pretty dumb. And they've said that all tracks from GT5 would be in 6 so they can't have cut any of the vanilla GT5 content.

These are the confirmed new circuit locations:

Silverstone
Matterhorn
Willow Springs
Goodwood

These are the new circuits we've seen in video, but haven't been officially announced:

Apricot Hill
Seattle

And these are the rumored ones (I think these are all of them, at least the recent ones):

Mt. Panorama
Brands Hatch
Special Stage Route 11
Ascari Race Resort

So something is going to be post-launch DLC for sure.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
This is why devs need to add new tracks, the freshness of new experiences and to pique the interest of fans. There are so many quality tracks from around the world that are generally ignored in favour of the same ol' same ol' Laguna Seca etc etc.

Some good tracks listed for GT6. Can't wait for Turn5 to backpedal on Bathurst when this is out.

So does this mean uphill will actually be featured in this game/ Pikes peak would be nice as well as some more general uphill tracks so we can battle ala Inital D ;)

I don't know why PD just don't create a track based off a Gunma mountain specifically for drifting or hill climbs. Would love to race a '90s RX7 down the hill or a Trueno like in the film. Think it'd be hugely popular.

dukeoflegs

Do you mean Ginza from the NSX trailer? That's probably a photo mode location.

They really needs to clarify the "33 locations, 71 layouts" numbers, since it obviously doesn't include the GT5 DLC (it would be 37 locations / 79 layouts if it did). One theory I've thought of is that if you own the GT5 DLC you'll get it in 6, and if you don't you'll still have to buy it. But we've seen Spa in GT6 screenshots already, so that would be pretty dumb. And they've said that all tracks from GT5 would be in 6 so they can't have cut any of the vanilla GT5 content.

These are the confirmed new circuit locations:

Silverstone
Matterhorn
Willow Springs
Goodwood

These are the new circuits we've seen in video, but haven't been officially announced:

Apricot Hill
Seattle

And these are the rumored ones (I think these are all of them, at least the recent ones):

Mt. Panorama
Brands Hatch
Special Stage Route 11
Ascari Race Resort

So something is going to be post-launch DLC for sure.

Seattle is back? Fantastic!

FlyFaster

I don't know why PD just don't create a track based off a Gunma mountain specifically for drifting or hill climbs. Would love to race a '90s RX7 down the hill or a Trueno like in the film. Think it'd be hugely popular.

ya, I think it'd be an easy way to please fans, also not many sims really focus on touge, so having something in place for that sub-culture would be pretty cool. Also, I like the idea of 1 on 1 battles :)

shandy706

Ugh, the only current gen version of GT I want in the future is a Vita one.

The environments (and actual gameplay graphics) are so meh in this.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
You'd prefer the Goodwood Hill Climb to a Gunma mountain track? Why?

I just think the history of the track is cool, and to race on something like that is so Polyphony.

I'll wait for the full track list before being disappointed...not that it matters I guess, since I'm waiting for the PS4 version.

Seanspeed

Banned
This is why devs need to add new tracks, the freshness of new experiences and to pique the interest of fans. There are so many quality tracks from around the world that are generally ignored in favour of the same ol' same ol' Laguna Seca etc etc.

Some good tracks listed for GT6. Can't wait for Turn5 to backpedal on Bathurst when this is out.
Well man, this track is crap.

I *love* the Goodwood Festival of Speed, been there 3 times and plan to go many more in the future, but the actual hillclimb layout itself is pretty 'meh'. Its short, its got 1 interesting corner and its only meant for one car at a time, so its inclusion is really a novelty more than anything. Not to mention it looks ridiculous with hardly anybody in the spectator areas. If you've ever gone there, its usually jam-packed.

This, along with the Top Gear Test Track, are really just novelties. I'm sure some people will enjoy it and its not like I wouldn't spend time on it, giving it a go for leaderboard positions in certain classes, but its not a 'racing track', which is what I really want out of these sorts of games.

I just think the history of the track is cool, and to race on something like that is so Polyphony.
I think you might be confusing the Goodwood Circuit with the Goodwood Hillclimb. The circuit is/was an actual track used for racing. The hillclimb is a one-way path up through the estate mainly used for demo'ing vehicles for the Festival of Speed.

Top Bottom