• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 to include the Goodwood Hill Climb

I just think the history of the track is cool, and to race on something like that is so Polyphony.

I'll wait for the full track list before being disappointed...not that it matters I guess, since I'm waiting for the PS4 version.

You can't really race as such on it though. It seems pointless, a waste of time and resources better spent on other tracks just to satisfy the whim of Kaz.

Yiazmat

Almost looks like the real thing. They even made the flaw in the foliage at the top right of the main facade. :lol

9253377219_cfda75c266_b.jpg

untitled-1rvl0i.jpg

I can't wait to see what they can achieve with their next-gen lightning engine though.

benzy

Almost looks like the real thing. They even made the flaw in the foliage at the top right of the main facade. :lol

9253377219_cfda75c266_b.jpg

untitled-1rvl0i.jpg

I can't wait to see what they can achieve with their next-gen lightning engine though.

Without reading the post and at a glance I thought you photoshopped a blurred car into the first pic.

The track detail looks awesome. Return of point to point races brings hope for Pikes Peak. There's still one DLC track a month after release so there are still plenty of tracks they have planned.

MoGamesXNA

Unconfirmed Member
This is great news. The more tracks the better. The lack of tracks in the console racers these days is frustrating and severely limits their value in my eyes. Bring on GT6.

Those screenshots look outstanding.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I really want to race the Goodwood Hill Climb said no-one ever.

This.

I just think the history of the track is cool, and to race on something like that is so Polyphony.

I'll wait for the full track list before being disappointed...not that it matters I guess, since I'm waiting for the PS4 version.

What track, what race? There's no racing at Goodwill's Hill Climb, it's merely a car parade hill road used during the festival of speed, you're confusing things.

I mean, I really hope this wasn't one of the 7 new locations, photo location sure but nothing more than that.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I think you might be confusing the Goodwood Circuit with the Goodwood Hillclimb. The circuit is/was an actual track used for racing. The hillclimb is a one-way path up through the estate mainly used for demo'ing vehicles for the Festival of Speed.

Oh, I think I am. Whoops.

This.

What track, what race? There's no racing at Goodwill's Hill Climb, it's merely a car parade hill road used during the festival of speed, you're confusing things.

I mean, I really hope this wasn't one of the 7 new locations, photo location sure but nothing more than that.

Hillclimbing is a legitimate motorsport.

red731

Kinda off topic, but for those of you who have wheel and stick... how does the game feel controlling it like that, you know, the kinda real way?

Right, so like I said out of the millions of people who buy the game most will do it once and never again.

The same could be said for the Top Gear course. It's one of the least interesting tracks in the series, but to some it's a lot of fun because of the connection to the show. Not every track is going to have a wide appeal. There are even some that hate the Nurburgring.

A 1.86 km time trial up a hill is not fun. I guarantee most people will do it a couple of times at most and then never again.

1.86km is very short. That video is 50s long too. Why can't they bring back their grand canyon map, and HD it. Especially with those guys running out of the way. =/

Bring back Pikes Peak... both paved and unpaved... GAH.

lol @ the faked sound.

Yep. You'd think they'd realize how bad their sounds are if they have to dub over sounds of real cars over their footage. =X

The same could be said for the Top Gear course. It's one of the least interesting tracks in the series, but to some it's a lot of fun because of the connection to the show. Not every track is going to have a wide appeal. There are even some that hate the Nurburgring.

The Top Gear course was another failure by PD. Instead of a fun race of reasonably priced cars we got that awful boring Kombi van race.

I don't know why people keep defending PD's idiotic design choices. I feel this is half the reason why the game doesn't live up to its potential because there are too many blinkered fans drowning out the critics and Kaz probably thinks everything he does is golden.

There are some that hate Nurburgring. I bet the vast majority don't though. Seriously who here was really hoping before the announcement the Goodwood Hill Climb was going to be in GT6?

SmokyDave

The Top Gear course was another failure by PD. Instead of a fun race of reasonably priced cars we got that awful boring Kombi van race.

I don't know why people keep defending PD's idiotic design choices. I feel this is half the reason why the game doesn't live up to its potential because there are too many blinkered fans drowning out the critics and Kaz probably thinks everything he does is golden.

There are some that hate Nurburgring. I bet the vast majority don't though. Seriously who here was really hoping before the announcement the Goodwood Hill Climb was going to be in GT6?

I didn't expect to see it in a video game and I'm fucking hyped that it's in there. It might seem pointless to you, but I see it as yet another rubber stamp on the piece of paper marked 'we really, genuinely care about cars & motorsport'.

Goodwood has a HUGE history in motorsport so it deserves to be in there as much as the Nordschleife does.

Next people will be complaining there are too many regular cars in the game, missing the point entirely...

paskowitz

As nice an inclusion as this is, I think it will make for a better photo location than driving route. (Sorry, I am American... Goodwood does not mean as much to me).

As far as new circuits are concerned, I really hope we get Portimao Circuit. It is a little heavy on hairpins, but man is it challenging. Anyone with RaceRoom should try it out.

Mobius 1

Outstanding addition. Particularly because of the motorsport legacy the location inspires.

I see we already have the BUT I WANTED MOAR TRACKS!!!111 crowd already yapping. Never change GAF.

Goodwood has a HUGE history in motorsport so it deserves to be in there as much as the Nordschleife does.

Next people will be complaining there are too many regular cars in the game, missing the point entirely...

The Goodwood Circuit has huge history, however the hillclimb has only been around since the mid-nineties. Only a handful of cars try and set competitive times, but for the rest it's nothing more than a parade. It's not motorsport.

saladine1

I guess it's just a nod to PD's passion for automotive history more than anything else.

Like someone else mentioned, people will set a few times on the climb, will get bored and then move on..

nib95

Banned
I didn't expect to see it in a video game and I'm fucking hyped that it's in there. It might seem pointless to you, but I see it as yet another rubber stamp on the piece of paper marked 'we really, genuinely care about cars & motorsport'.

Pretty much this. Same with Spa-Francorchamps, Willow Springs etc too.

The next GT related announcement should come on August 18th when Kaz picks a car at the Concours D'elegance. That car will probably be reserved for GT7 though.

TGTT was included because fans dreamt of it being in GT5 not for some tests. Go online and TGTT is probably one of the most popular tracks if not the most after Nurburgring, on free roam. Thats what this track is going to be.....another track that the fans will love to free roam on, not race. GT5 is not a racing simulator, its a driving simulator so not every track has to be a race track.

otapnam

A 1.86 km time trial up a hill is not fun. I guarantee most people will do it a couple of times at most and then never again.

As if this is the last track they're adding...

The festival is coming up so theyre announcing the addition of the course for the game. Don't be surprised when they announce alot more later, with all the Rumors out there like red bull talking about pikes peak a few years ago , we should be happy when the final game is out

Top Bottom