• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 6 to include the Goodwood Hill Climb

Niks

I guess it's just a nod to PD's passion for automotive history more than anything else.

Like someone else mentioned, people will set a few times on the climb, will get bored and then move on..

Pretty much this. The issue here is PD "wasting" time/resources painstakingly recreating a venue that will have very little use.
Its like forzas autovista mode, its cool but you really use it very few times.

ruttyboy

For those who don't know about Goodwood FoS, if you go onto GT:TV (the inbuilt TV channel thing in GT5), there are a few videos on there that follow Kaz about when he went there for the first time.

From memory he meets Couthard and Button in two amusing segments, where Coulthard doesn't really understand what he's saying and Button's girlfriend looks at him like, "Who is this strange little man?!". Button sets her straight though :D

It also shows his genuine interest in motorsport history as he recognises a few important cars and goes gooey :)

As if this is the last track they're adding...

The festival is coming up so theyre announcing the addition of the course for the game. Don't be surprised when they announce alot more later, with all the Rumors out there like red bull talking about pikes peak a few years ago , we should be happy when the final game is out

I don't care about how many tracks they are adding, so long as there is Bathurst. The point being they wasted time and resources on this useless track no-one asked for.

Ding-Ding

I don't care about how many tracks they are adding, so long as there is Bathurst. The point being they wasted time and resources on this useless track no-one asked for.

They are doing bathurst, so this isn't exactly diverting resources.

As for myself though, as someone has gone to the Goodwood festival on a number of occasions. I cant wait to drive this sucker. Time trial, quite narrow, LOVE IT!

You may not like it but it doesn't mean everyone else is in your shoes. I hate oval circuits, doesn't mean I think they should be excluded as I know others do enjoy them.

GT is built for car enthusiasts everywhere, not just for you, so get over yourself

I feel like this looks notably better than any prior GT track. Despite it's short, it looks like a blast.

I know there's dissent over what direction GT's track visual design should take, but place me firmly in the camp that wants more vibrancy, color and detail. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Top Bottom