• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 - SPEC II 1.40 Update coming on Wednesday | PS5 & PS4 Games

Well yes if we're that vague it's identical, like saying we drive the cars around the track.

The Cafe mode just seems like an endlessly looping tutorial mode, which is what I hoped it was at first. A neat little way to get you into a few different cars before sending you off into the big open career mode of old GT, choosing whichever car you wanted and entering into the events it was permitted in (usually lots). But nope, that's basically your whole career mode. it's the same thing over and over. Drive this car for a few races, since and repeat. There are also so little of them, it just feels rushed and very limited in scope. No bonding with your car, taking it through multiple series as it evolves as you upgrade. I have replayed GT4 countless times trying to take my starter car as far as possible, all this stuff just lost. Definitely not the carpg freedom of old.

There have been a shit load of complaints of fan sites like GTplanet about the career mode so hopefully PD take note, they have done in the past. Maybe a nostalgia GT mode or something can be added

Why is it that they can never get these career modes right

Wait, i just read that Sophy is not available for every track and car in all modes. Its better than nothing and a very solid update for ai but i thought it would replace the current ai entirely.

"the new GT Sophy mode is part of the World Circuits menu. Nine of the game’s tracks will now feature a new selection within “Quick Race” (which replaces “Arcade Race”) that will allow you to pick a race with GT Sophy.

The game will select which cars Sophy will drive based on the vehicle you’ve chosen, and it’ll be able to use more than 340 of the cars in the game for the race. Interestingly, PD notes that this will allow players to race against Sophy with almost 95% of the cars in the game — meaning that around 20 cars aren’t eligible for these events, although we’re not yet sure which."

That's a bummer but yeah I'll take some tracks having Sophy rather than none

mclaren777

I was really disappointed that the VR update (v1.29) increased stuttering, LOD/shadow pop-in, and other image quality issues.

With the inclusion of a 4-player mode, I'm hoping they have worked out the kinks with the rendering pipeline. *crosses fingers*

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!

Update Details (1.40)​

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

Main Features Implemented​

1. Opening Movie
 - The opening cinematic that plays when starting up the game has been updated. After the update, the 'Play Opening Movie' option will be set to 'On' when the game will be started the next time.

2. Cars
 - The following seven new cars have been added:
  ・Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi '68 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' dealership)
  ・Dodge Challenger SRT Demon '18
  ・Lexus LFA '10
  ・Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' dealership)
  ・NISMO 400R '95 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' dealership)
  ・Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22
  ・Tesla Model 3 Performance '23

3. Tracks
 - The 'Lake Louise' race track has been added in six different layouts:
  ・Lake Louise Long Track
  ・Lake Louise Long Track Reverse
  ・Lake Louise Short Track
  ・Lake Louise Short Track Reverse
  ・Lake Louise Tri-Oval
  ・Lake Louise Tri-Oval Reverse

The new track will be unlocked at Collector Level 22.

4. World Circuits
 - 'Meeting Place' has been replaced with the 'Paddock.' This mode can be accessed from the 'World Circuits' or 'Multiplayer' pavilions and enables players to communicate with one another through text chat and emoticons;
 - 'Arcade Race' has been replaced with 'Quick Race.' Also, in addition to the existing AI, players can select to race a prototype of the AI racing agent 'Gran Turismo Sophy.' (Only available on the PS5 version in specific tracks and cars);
 - The prizes for Quick Race and Custom Race have been increased. Credits awarded for these races increase based on the player's Collector Level and Circuit Experience progress;
 - 'Weekly Challenges' have been added, where players can face events that change every week. This mode becomes available after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending;
 - An 'Event Directory' button has been added to make it easy to find all the race events currently available;
 - A 'Change Car' button has been added;
 - 'Circuit Experience' has been added to 'Lake Louise' track in the 'Americas' section;
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・World Touring Car 900
   - Trial Mountain Circuit
   - Nürburgring
   - Suzuka Circuit
   - Autopolis
  ・X2019 Nations Cup
   - Interlagos Circuit
   - Trial Mountain Circuit
   - Dragon Trail
   - Lago Maggiore Circuit
  ・World Rally Challenge Gr.B
   - Lake Louise
  ・Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
   - Lake Louise
  ・Pickup Truck Race
   - Lake Louise
  ・Clubman Cup+
   - Special Stage RouteX
   - Watkins Glen International
   - Monza Circuit
   - Fuji Speedway
  ・GT Cup Gr.3
   - Daytona International Speedway
   - Deepforest Raceway
   - Redbull Ring
   - Mount Panorama

5. Licence Center
 - 'Master Licences' have been added to Licence. This licence is unlocked after completing the 'Normal Licence.'

6. Brand Central
 - New Museum section for 'Abarth' has been added for Europe (Italy);

7. Café
 - The following Menu Books have been added:
  ・Menu Book No.48: 'World Touring Car 900' (Collector Level 39 and above);
  ・Menu Book No.49: 'Nations Cup' (Collector Level 50 and above);

- The following Extra Menus have been added:
  ・ Extra Menu No.31: 'Collection: Road-Going Racers' (Collector Level 30 and above);
  ・Extra Menu No.32: 'Collection: Lexus' (Collector Level 34 and above);
  ・Extra Menu No.33: 'Collection: Red Bull X Series' (Collector Level 50 and above);

- Added new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Characters in the Café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Ed Welburn
   ・Ferrari FXX K '14

- Fabio Filippini
   ・DS DS3 Racing
   ・Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
   ・Ferrari F430

- Freeman Thomas
   ・Volkswagen 1200
   ・Volkswagen Samba Bus

- Hideo Kodama
   ・Jaguar XJ13 '66

- Shiro Nakamura
   ・Lamborghini Vulcan LP610-4
   ・NISMO 400R

8. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car
  ・Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
  ・Dodge Viper GTS '13
  ・Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car
  ・Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 '15
  ・Lexus RC F '14
  ・Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Road Car
  ・Nissan GT-R Nismo '17
  ・Subaru WRX Gr.B Road Car

- Car Customisation
  The following brands have been added to the pre-set decals in the Livery Editor:
  ・Spoon

9. Tuning Shop
 - 'Snow Tyres' have been added to the Tuning Shop.

10. Scapes
 - The 'Player's Favourites' collection has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes;
 - The 'Polyphony Digital Tokyo Office' has been added as a new Spot under 'Japan' > 'Tokyo';
 - A 'Rendering Quality' option has been added in the 'Detailed Settings' section of the 'Camera' tab: 'Standard,' 'Fine.' and 'Extra Fine' can now be selected to increase the number of subframes when rendering and increase the quality of photos with movement.

11. Race Photos

- Changed the height limit of Walk Mode for certain tracks so that it is now possible to take photos from a higher position;
 - New 'Shutter Speed' values have been added. It is now possible to select a speed between 1s and 1/30s;
 - A 'Rendering Quality' option has been added in the 'Detailed Settings' section of the 'Camera' tab: 'Standard,' 'Fine.' and 'Extra Fine' can now be selected to increase the number of subframes when rendering and increase the quality of photos with movement.

12. Replay
 - A 'Replay Loop' option has been added in the Replay Options. (Only available for regular replays.)

13. GT Menu
 - A new dashboard, which shows completion rates for each of the various World Map pavilions, have been added.

14. Multiplayer
 - 'Paddock' and 'Split Screen Race' have been added. In 'Split Screen Race', up to 4 players, each with their own controller, can now race together. (PS5 version only.)

15. Sport
 - Indicators have been added to the Driver List in the post-race screen to show the variations in the Driver Rating (DR) and Sportsmanship Rating (SR).

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Cars
 - Fixed an issue with the 'Garage RCR Civic' wherein the anti-roll bar setting could not be changed after a fully customised suspension had been fitted;
 - Increased the viewable range of the interior of the 'Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21' in the VR Showroom.

2. Localisation
 - Fixed various text localisation issues.

3. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Last edited:

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius

Update Details (1.40)​

A new update for Gran Turismo 7 has been released. The following is a list of the main features and adjustments introduced.

Main Features Implemented​

1. Opening Movie
 - The opening cinematic that plays when starting up the game has been updated. After the update, the 'Play Opening Movie' option will be set to 'On' when the game will be started the next time.

2. Cars
 - The following seven new cars have been added:
  ・Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi '68 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' dealership)
  ・Lexus LFA '10
  ・Mercedes-Benz 190 E 2.5-16 Evolution II '91 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' dealership)
  ・NISMO 400R '95 (Sold at the 'Legend Cars' dealership)
  ・Porsche 911 GT3 RS (992) '22
  ・Tesla Model 3 Performance '23

3. Tracks
 - The 'Lake Louise' race track has been added in six different layouts:
  ・Lake Louise Long Track
  ・Lake Louise Long Track Reverse
  ・Lake Louise Short Track
  ・Lake Louise Short Track Reverse
  ・Lake Louise Tri-Oval
  ・Lake Louise Tri-Oval Reverse

The new track will be unlocked at Collector Level 22.

4. World Circuits
 - 'Meeting Place' has been replaced with the 'Paddock.' This mode can be accessed from the 'World Circuits' or 'Multiplayer' pavilions and enables players to communicate with one another through text chat and emoticons;
 - 'Arcade Race' has been replaced with 'Quick Race.' Also, in addition to the existing AI, players can select to race a prototype of the AI racing agent 'Gran Turismo Sophy.' (Only available on the PS5 version in specific tracks and cars);
 - The prizes for Quick Race and Custom Race have been increased. Credits awarded for these races increase based on the player's Collector Level and Circuit Experience progress;
 - 'Weekly Challenges' have been added, where players can face events that change every week. This mode becomes available after clearing Menu Book No. 39 ('Championship: World GT Series') and having watched the ending;
 - An 'Event Directory' button has been added to make it easy to find all the race events currently available;
 - A 'Change Car' button has been added;
 - 'Circuit Experience' has been added to 'Lake Louise' track in the 'Americas' section;
 - The following new events have been added to 'World Circuits':
  ・World Touring Car 900
   - Trial Mountain Circuit
   - Nürburgring
   - Suzuka Circuit
   - Autopolis
  ・X2019 Nations Cup
   - Interlagos Circuit
   - Trial Mountain Circuit
   - Dragon Trail
   - Lago Maggiore Circuit
  ・World Rally Challenge Gr.B
   - Lake Louise
  ・Japanese 4WD Challenge 600
   - Lake Louise
  ・Pickup Truck Race
   - Lake Louise
  ・Clubman Cup+
   - Special Stage RouteX
   - Watkins Glen International
   - Monza Circuit
   - Fuji Speedway
  ・GT Cup Gr.3
   - Daytona International Speedway
   - Deepforest Raceway
   - Redbull Ring
   - Mount Panorama

5. Licence Center
 - 'Master Licences' have been added to Licence. This licence is unlocked after completing the 'Normal Licence.'

6. Brand Central
 - New Museum section for 'Abarth' has been added for Europe (Italy);

7. Café
 - The following Menu Books have been added:
  ・Menu Book No.48: 'World Touring Car 900' (Collector Level 39 and above);
  ・Menu Book No.49: 'Nations Cup' (Collector Level 50 and above);

- The following Extra Menus have been added:
  ・ Extra Menu No.31: 'Collection: Road-Going Racers' (Collector Level 30 and above);
  ・Extra Menu No.32: 'Collection: Lexus' (Collector Level 34 and above);
  ・Extra Menu No.33: 'Collection: Red Bull X Series' (Collector Level 50 and above);

- Added new sets of conversations with the Car Designers and Characters appearing in the Café. These new conversations can be accessed by changing to the following cars in 'Garage' and speaking with the Characters in the Café:

CAR DESIGNERS
  - Ed Welburn
   ・Ferrari FXX K '14

- Fabio Filippini
   ・DS DS3 Racing
   ・Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
   ・Ferrari F430

- Freeman Thomas
   ・Volkswagen 1200
   ・Volkswagen Samba Bus

- Hideo Kodama
   ・Jaguar XJ13 '66

- Shiro Nakamura
   ・Lamborghini Vulcan LP610-4
   ・NISMO 400R

8. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps have been added for the following cars (Unlocked at Collector Level 50):
  ・Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 Road Car
  ・Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
  ・Dodge Viper GTS '13
  ・Ford Mustang Gr.3 Road Car
  ・Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 '15
  ・Lexus RC F '14
  ・Mazda Atenza Gr.3 Road Car
  ・Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution Final Edition Gr.B Road Car
  ・Nissan GT-R Nismo '17
  ・Subaru WRX Gr.B Road Car

- Car Customisation
  The following brands have been added to the pre-set decals in the Livery Editor:
  ・Spoon

9. Tuning Shop
 - 'Snow Tyres' have been added to the Tuning Shop.

10. Scapes
 - The 'Player's Favourites' collection has been added as a featured Curation in Scapes;
 - The 'Polyphony Digital Tokyo Office' has been added as a new Spot under 'Japan' > 'Tokyo';

11. Race Photos
 - Changed the height limit of Walk Mode for certain tracks so that it is now possible to take photos from a higher position;
 - New 'Shutter Speed' values have been added. It is now possible to select a speed between 1s and 1/30s;

12. Replay
 - A 'Replay Loop' option has been added in the Replay Options. (Only available for regular replays.)

13. GT Menu
 - A new dashboard, which shows completion rates for each of the various World Map pavilions, have been added.

14. Multiplayer
 - 'Paddock' and 'Split Screen Race' have been added. In 'Split Screen Race', up to 4 players, each with their own controller, can now race together. (PS5 version only.)

15. Sport
 - Indicators have been added to the Driver List in the post-race screen to show the variations in the Driver Rating (DR) and Sportsmanship Rating (SR).

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Cars
 - Fixed an issue with the 'Garage RCR Civic' wherein the anti-roll bar setting could not be changed after a fully customised suspension had been fitted;
 - Increased the viewable range of the interior of the 'Toyota Ambulance Himedic '21' in the VR Showroom.

2. Localisation
 - Fixed various text localisation issues.

3. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.
Polyphony is pushing GT7 really hard, the game is so content and features rich… impressive :).

Con-Z-epT

Rear view camera also got adjusted. Haven't checked all cars obviously but many where quite obvious.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Rear view camera also got adjusted. Haven't checked all cars obviously but many where quite obvious.

Nice, I have to try it! I really dislike GT7 3rd person camera. Even if you adjust it in the settings, it just doesn't feel right. It looks like the world is turning around your car, it's weird.

Con-Z-epT

Nice, I have to try it! I really dislike GT7 3rd person camera. Even if you adjust it in the settings, it just doesn't feel right. It looks like the world is turning around your car, it's weird.

Sure, on default settings the rear view is insanely stiff and feels unnatural. But with Chase View Camera Sensitivity to 1 and Chase View Rotation Centre Offset at 0 this I a non issue for me.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Sure, on default settings the rear view is insanely stiff and feels unnatural. But with Chase View Camera Sensitivity to 1 and Chase View Rotation Centre Offset at 0 this I a non issue for me.

It is for me. Every other racing game does it better. I'm curious what adjustment they made in this new patch.

Con-Z-epT

It is for me. Every other racing game does it better. I'm curious what adjustment they made in this new patch.

They only adjusted the height of the camera for some cars which have been to low previously. Nothing else. If you found it stiff with the settings I mentioned you will still feel like this after the update.

Te new AI it's a joy to race with. The awarness it is so much better compared to the standard AI, also the rubberbanding,random mid cornering braking and very sow corner exit are things of the past. Also when im battling other cars i loose a lot of time compared to the first two positions when with the old AI i would gain a lot of time regardless the situation.

Ah and the LFA it's a blast to drive and hear

Last edited:
Feels like blasphemy to drive with a controller after experiencing a wheel.
When GT Sport was released, I went all out, buying a Playseat and the official GT wheel. It was an amazing experience. It felt so realistic, that it actually affected my driving in real-life. I had a blast playing online for several weeks.

That whole kit cost around $800, and that was a lot to invest in one game for me at the time. I returned or sold all the gear, but kept trying to play the game. It was never the same. I think I played for a few days with controller and gave up for good.

In the years since then, I tried GT3 on PS2 with a relatively cheap, used Logitech wheel. Again, it was very fun and felt great. I had to move my PS2 to the bedroom, and couldn’t find a good way to use the wheel there. Again, I tried the game with a controller, and again I quit the game.

GT7 releases with supposedly good controller feel with Dualsense haptics and all that. I tried the game for a week or so, but it just felt so empty. The fantastic memories of GT Sport made this experience feel bland. Sold the game.

With this game update (and much more spending money), I am going back in 100%. Playseat Challenge with Thrustmaster GT wheel arrives today. If this isn’t fun, nothing is.

Last edited:

Unknown?

When GT Sport was released, I went all out, buying a Playseat and the official GT wheel. It was an amazing experience. It felt so realistic, that it actually affected my driving in real-life. I had a blast playing online for several weeks.

That whole kit cost around $800, and that was a lot to invest in one game for me at the time. I returned or sold all the gear, but kept trying to play the game. It was never the same. I think I played for a few days with controller and gave up for good.

In the years since then, I tried GT3 on PS2 with a relatively cheap, used Logitech wheel. Again, it was very fun and felt great. I had to move my PS2 to the bedroom, and couldn’t find a good way to use the wheel there. Again, I tried the game with a controller, and again I quit the game.

GT7 releases with supposedly good controller feel with Dualsense haptics and all that. I tried the game for a week or so, but it just felt so empty. The fantastic memories of GT Sport made this experience feel bland. Sold the game.

With this game update (and much more spending money), I am going back in 100%. Playseat Challenge with Thrustmaster GT wheel arrives today. If this isn’t fun, nothing is.
After that, upgrade to VR.

ShakenG

Kinda bummed i cant try this for another few days.
Hopefully sophy hasn't had any negative effect on frame rate. Probably the only thing that could ruin it for me.

Mung

I’m reinstalling this again when I get home tomorrow to see all the changes. I even paid the money for a legit wheel and stick shift to go crazy on this and other race sims a year or so ago.

Problem now is I gotta figure out a way to set those up while sit at a couch which idk if there is. Before I had the wheel and shifter attached to my desktop desk like you’re supposed to clamp them to.

Feels like blasphemy to drive with a controller after experiencing a wheel.
To be honest I prefer the controller. Dualsense is excellent with this game especially with motion control. In fact I find I'm faster with controller. Changing got me up to driver rating A.
Can't be bothered to bring out my wheel either.

REDRZA MWS

To be honest I prefer the controller. Dualsense is excellent with this game especially with motion control. In fact I find I'm faster with controller. Changing got me up to driver rating A.
Can't be bothered to bring out my wheel either.
No controller can ever match a really solid racing wheel. Last I owned one was the official Xbox 360 wheel with FM 3. It was easily the best experience I’ve ever had in a racing game. I won and competed way more than I ever could on a controller.

Mung

No controller can ever match a really solid racing wheel. Last I owned one was the official Xbox 360 wheel with FM 3. It was easily the best experience I’ve ever had in a racing game. I won and competed way more than I ever could on a controller.
Surely YMMV can vary in this point. I found that dualsense is excellent here. I've had 3 wheels over the years, all very good too. I'm not going to be a pro esports driver. Im just here to have fun.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

Combine that with PS VR 2 🔥 ❤️

Musilla

The new intro is :messenger_fire:
ezgif-1-7eb8416a69.gif

ezgif-1-b887c6787e.gif

ezgif-1-4221dae932.gif

Too little, too late.
It's not a Starfield thread:messenger_grinning_smiling:
I have it turned on in replays but I don't even notice a difference. If I compared them side by side, I'm sure I could notice it.
Same here. SSR reflections are perfect for racing game because car is always on center if you use chase cam - you won't see SSR glitches like in other games.
I'm a fan of RT on PC but in this game 60fps mode is just better and it looks amazing still.

Last edited:
Top Bottom