• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo 7 - SPEC II 1.40 Update coming on Wednesday | PS5 & PS4 Games

Turk1993

GAFs #1 source for car graphic comparisons
Just bought the 4 cars i wanted LFA, GT3, 190 and the Demon. That LFA sounds so fucking good, and its really fun to drive. And the increased payments in custom races are going to keep me playing alot more custom Ring races. Still need to try the new track but i will rate this update a solid 9/10 so far.

The new intro is :messenger_fire:
ezgif-1-7eb8416a69.gif

ezgif-1-b887c6787e.gif

ezgif-1-4221dae932.gif

This level of fidelity one can hope from a native PS5 gen only GT title.

blue velvet

the new track and the ambulance on ps4

I will never understand PD's fetish for 1 file rolling start formation. It's not racing, it's not realistic, and not really fun to race where every single car is in the same formation. Kaz race in real life and this does not happen at all irl racing. This just make them look like ignorant of how motorsport works. It's been like this since GT4 and they never bother changing it, do they think this is what the fans want? Makes me want to create a petition or sumsht.

Markio128

What a great update!

The QOL additions are long overdue. Being able to change the car from the race menu is awesome, a weather icon showing what to expect from a particular race is also helpful and having all the races in one menu is much better than having to go into each region. The new stat screen is also pretty useful. I thought I’d completed most of the circuit experiences, but it looks like I still have a fair few left to gold.

Also, it feels like the game can’t throw enough credits at me now, with much better custom and quick race winnings + weekly races.

It looks like the new licence tests are going to drive me mad all over again.

The new Lexus is a bit pricey, but what a car! I love the new Merc as well.

I’ve only had a couple of goes on the new snow track (it’s one of the weekly races). It’s okay, but not the kind of track I’d spend too much time racing on. The scenery is nice though, and it is pretty fun to drive around on. I’m looking forward to setting up a night custom race in VR later.

I haven’t tried Sophy races yet, but I’m looking forward to those as well.

I’m more than happy with the update, but there are still a few things I’d like to see in a future update, mainly a custom championship option.

Con-Z-epT

Live from NeoGAF, it's Friday Night!
Do you have to be a certain level to get weekly races? It's not showing for me.

- 'Weekly Challenges' have been added, where players can face events that change every week.

This mode becomes available after clearing Menu Book No. 39

Crownjo

Did some research, split-screen is fixed! All players can have their settings adjusted, however, player 1 is still faster for some magical reason...

Outlier

Drove the LFA and Challenger against Sophy at "The Dry Lagoon". Was fun. Will try the Model 3 later! Great so far!

Markio128

Question, in VR....are the car interiors still small? Can they be adjusted? (The view I mean)
Sorry, not sure I understand the question. I play in VR and the view is from the drivers eye perspective - the car interiors seem lifelike to actual size to me. If you want to sit closer or further away from the windscreen, you can just sit forward or back and hold the start button on the controller, and this will set the view. You can use this to sit higher or lower in the cockpit as well.

Not sure if that answers the question?

ShakenG

Why is there a snow track? Lmao that's wild haha
Its not unusual for Poly to do that though. The game has a great variety of cars, from ambulances, to jeeps, group cars, go karts to virtual crap that no one wants 🤣
Grid starts to rolling starts to catch the rabbit. Short/long races, Drag racing, licence tests.
Real circuits, made up, dirt and now snow.

While they haven't pulled it all off perfectly, it certainly isnt all the same.
But it also has a lot of room for improvement. Just hope they can keep this up. Spec III in another few years or GT8?

Last edited:

King Dazzar

I've only been waiting for over 2 months for my fanatec set up to play this....amazing customer service.
Yeah as much as I always wanted the DD Fanatec, I was very wary around the logistics of it all and UK support if anything went wrong. I ended up with a TGT-II Thrustmaster instead. Which is very good, but its got a couple of minor quality bits, like it creaks a little.

According to my trophies, the last time I played this was March 19, 2022. I’ve been playing it all day today after setting up my Thrustmaster t300rs. I forgot how fun racing is with a proper wheel. There is no way that a controller can match it.

I see they added a 120hz mode. I also see that it seems to add a lot of aliasing even in quality mode. Back to 60hz we go.

I forgot the most infuriating aspect of this game: no time trials. You always start every race in last place, single file rolling starts. The drivers in the rear half drive like elderly Asian women, and the front half isn’t much better. It’s based almost completely on car with little skill involved.

I have changed my perspective this time around. Despite this being the “real driving simulator”, it isn’t the “real race simulator”. It’s handled like old arcade racing games where the other racers are simply obstacles.

Set up my Playseat challenge chair, and it’s actually worse than my office chair and wheelstand combo. The Playseat is very uncomfortable. The wheel is far too close. I don’t get it. I had this exact playseat and wheel combo in 2017 and it was perfect.

also, this game is tempting me to sub to psplus again for some online racing.

What an amazing difference Sophy makes. Playing grand valley with a Gr 3 car (professional level) and not only is the gameplay far more dynamic and intense, but the graphics and immersion is higher. Instead of seeing a mostly blank track you see cars all around you regularly through the race. I guess even after 64 hours of playing through the campaign I never noticed how gorgeous these cars are.

Shake the Rump: at least Sophy quick races you qualify mid pack. I find it about the most enjoyable challenge in any racing game I’ve played and far better than the usual GT7 campaign stuff.

Last edited:

King Dazzar

Great update. Only bug I found was ensuring vibration should be set no higher than 125 or it turns off my transducer on the T-GT II. That aside all good after a 6 hr sesh yesterday.

I'd forgotten how sublime the HDR is in this. Doing Sophy AI & quick races with selectable time of day and setting to dusk is superb. Very surreal getting blinded by the setting sun and then on the next laps seeing the sun disappear.

Last edited:

Unknown?

Finally completed GT World Championship, book 39. I beat it with Porsche Living Legend and and it doesnt corner very well but has insane acceleration and top speed. Le Sarthe I was already 1st place halfway into lap 1. Anyone have recommendations on best GT4 and GT3 cars?

Outlier

Lol WHY is the tesla in the game? You CAN'T race it against anything other than stock Model 3s!
What a waste of an inclusion. Is something wrong with the games design that certain cars are restricted this way!?

Unknown?

Lol WHY is the tesla in the game? You CAN'T race it against anything other than stock Model 3s!
What a waste of an inclusion. Is something wrong with the games design that certain cars are restricted this way!?
Maybe that'll change when they get more electric cars in the game?

skit_data

I realized just now that you can hear the crowd react if you drive in a wreckless manner. I was driving really fast on Nurnburgring, lost control of the car and heard some screams of terror from the side of the track! I had to double check I wasn't imagining it so I captured the last 30 secs and it's indeed people screaming xD
I have never noticed this before, has it always been in the game?

Edit: The economy in the game is waay better now that they added weekly challenges etc. Fell off from GT7 because it required so much grinding to get some credits, but it feels much more reasonable and more like the old GT games now than it did at launch.

Last edited:
Just got a G923 wheel and love gt7..... But any games you guys recommend on a wheel that are a little different??
Wreckfest is good but any simulation games like bus, taxi or relaxing driving games out there???

Top Bottom