• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

cooldawn

I'm on the other end of this. I do not care for the fictional tracks in GT (or Forza) and prefer to have real world tracks. I do however get tired of seeing the same world tracks in every racing game. Laguna Seca, Suzuka etc I can live with out.
Yeah...but that's where we call upon the Project CARS roster.

I'd much prefer Gran Turismo has more real-world tracks that are less known, have better technical challenges or are just more interesting.

I'd also be OK with this being the only Gran Turismo this generation with a constant stream of content. That would be swell.

Putty

So they reworked the sound engine, bringing motor sounds from "absolute worst" to "very very bad". Gotcha.

Seriously, compare GTS sounds to dirt, project cars, arsetto Corsa and the like. GTS doesn't stand a chance. The sounds have improved, correct. But it's still horrible.

Good heavens...PD could use your expertise..

l2ounD

6XPHJi8.gif

Finally got another color Evora

Apex

Sounds hard, but I read somewhere Kaz had the chance to hire the R3E sound guy but ended up hiring the Forza sound guy instead... clearly not the best option.

Race Room Experience :: GT3 :: Multiplayer :: Nurburgring
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bhzOJLx-T0

Really makes you shake your head...
That's a common misconception, don't be naive. PD has its own in house developed sound engine and engineers along with its own priorities in the sound development. Hiring a guy that do sounds for other games don't mean than automatically GT will adopt the same methods and will sound similar. It depends very much of the sound department vacant and its position in PD. The new guys are probably used mostly to record and adapt the sounds and are lower in the scale than other sound heads at PD working at low level in the same department.

benzy

PD's new fictional tracks are all hit or miss, mostly miss. Give me more circuit tracks while bringing in old favorites to current gen quality. The new ovals in GTS suck, and Tokyo Expressway pales in comparison to the SSRs.

Sequiel

Banned
That's a common misconception, don't be naive. PD has its own in house developed sound engine and engineers along with its own priorities in the sound development. Hiring a guy that do sounds for other games don't mean than automatically GT will adopt the same methods and will sound similar. It depends very much of the sound department vacant and its position in PD. The new guys are probably used mostly to record and adapt the sounds and are lower in the scale than other sound heads at PD working at low level in the same department.

We don't know for sure who does what or who's more responsible for the end result. I don't mean to shit on the Forza or PD guys, they must be working hard to do the best they can, but the R3E sound is clearly the best there is in any platform.

I remember Forza Horizon having a great Rally DLC just after they hired some people from the Dirt2 dev team... just saying.

avaya

Question what wheel should I get?

I've looked at the the T300RS and Fanatec CSL-Elite? There are so many options, it's a bit overwhelming working out what's best.

Question what wheel should I get?

I've looked at the the T300RS and Fanatec CSL-Elite? There are so many options, it's a bit overwhelming working out what's best.

The T300 is fantastic, but it comes with very average pedals and no shifter. So you'd need those if you prefer.

KdotIX

Is the new T-GT wheel that is due to come out along with this title out of the question then (when comparing to the T300)? It does seem quite pricey.

IKizzLE

So is this inside knowledge or did you make this all up?

Sebmugi

Is it me or is the sense of speed... much higher in this video?

I had the same feeling, I think that with the most powerful models of the game we are going to be impressed by the speed especially on the nürb which is a little narrow ..
Not to mention the old redbull that made GT pass for a wipeout oO XD

If anyone would like a racer that's speed is fair to middle of the road then please add me as no one on my friends list plays this game!

PSN name:- PcPlasticfuzz

Fiber

Can someone help me? Gaf?
I still did not got the invite, been waiting for 7 days. Tried with 3 u.k. accounts.
Where am doing wrong?

DieH@rd

Banned
^ nice

I have the issue that the beta refuses to save the cockpit camera position. It does not allow me to raise the camera up. Any way to solve this?

I like the way they've incorporated the pit-stop but there's a glaring issue with it.

The pit lane seems really, really short. Looks like all competitors will have the same entry, pit, and exit no matter where your garage is.

EDIT: Yes, I understand this player was the only active player but it does look like 'set' mechanics.

I agree but as with everything PD seems we have to wait and see how they do it.

I like the way they've incorporated the pit-stop but there's a glaring issue with it.

The pit lane seems really, really short. Looks like all competitors will have the same entry, pit, and exit no matter where your garage is.

EDIT: Yes, I understand this player was the only active player but it does look like 'set' mechanics.

Heh sounds like Daytona USA.
Could be the case, the in car view shows no signs of turning in/out.

Look good at the bottom of the picture apparently there will be some mechanical damage, no ??? !!!!!!! oO <3
Tell me yes ^^

Seems it's going to be extensive too, the aero damage suggest that if you lose a wing you lose a good amount of downforce which would be awesome.

Top Bottom