• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

rager

Banned
My son bought this for me this weekend.

thrustmaster-t300rs-gt-edition-1.jpg

Drawing%201-700x700.jpg

Still can't believe he did that. Can't wait to try it out.

The first twenty-six delays have entered folklore and even have their own Wikipedia pages. I thought he was talking about a NEW delay.

Ah well not as far as I'm aware. I doubt they will have added cars since the original figure since when they can add them later instead.

That is exactly how I do it, so there is one of us out here.

People can drive cars with their dick taped to wheel. It doesn't mean it is the norm or recommended. Thumbs up or thumbs in are most common. Thumps pointing out is not. And anyone who does happen to drive with a grip that looks like the doofy GT hands, is doing it because of personal preference, not because you need to think of your precious thumbs while white knuckling a car at 150mph. That was my main point. GT hands look bad, as do the animations. You take your hands off the wheel and bring them to your chest during an impending impact no matter how you hold the wheel.

shandy706

That is exactly how I do it, so there is one of us out here.

Well I mean I can drive with one finger in every day life.

You wouldn't if you're going around a curve at 90 MPH..haha. Most people hold on tight even at a drag strip. Catching a little curb hitting an apex needs a good grip if you don't want to come off the wheel.

The 150 is the absolute best wheel that you're going to find under $200. However, if you're willing to pay a bit extra i'd suggest you go with this version

http://www.gamestop.com/accessories...-edition-racing-wheel-only-at-gamestop/131351

It fixes the only real flaw with the 150, which is that the pedals aren't so great. But they'll get the job done if you go with the standard model.

I too said "don't go gear-driven this gen any more", but "absolute best wheel under $200" paints this waay too black and white.

The G29 has the more expensive feeling components and stronger feedback. It won't feel as "smooth" and have a larger center deadzone.

You can find many really fast guys in PC sim racing who still use a G27(which basically is a G29 mechanism-wise), some of them use it alongside pedals that are five times as expensive as the wheel. They are just used to the feel are very good with it - I don't think you can find T150/TMX users, who wouldn't trade in their wheel for a T300/TX without thinking twice.

Again, not saying the G29 is better, just saying that it's absolutely not absolute.
In the GAF PC racing sim thread there was some talk about G29 vs. T150 among people who have first hand experience with both wheels, maybe check search that thread too.

Did I just read of full page of thumb position complaining?

LMFAO

Gt threads, man....

I too said "don't go gear-driven this gen any more", but "absolute best wheel under $200" paints this waay too black and white.

The G29 has the more expensive feeling components and stronger feedback. It won't feel as "smooth" and have a larger center deadzone.

You can find many really fast guys in PC sim racing who still use a G27(which basically is a G29 mechanism-wise), some of them use it alongside pedals that are five times as expensive as the wheel. They are just used to the feel are very good with it - I don't think you can find T150/TMX users, who wouldn't trade in their wheel for a T300/TX without thinking twice.

Again, not saying the G29 is better, just saying that it's absolutely not absolute.
In the GAF PC racing sim thread there was some talk about G29 vs. T150 among people who have first hand experience with both wheels, maybe check search that thread too.

He's taking about price dude. G29 is more than double the price regularly.

....and of course its better.

He's taking about price dude. G29 is more than double the price regularly.

....and of course its better.
It's under 200 regularly, even saw it for $150. If you watch reviews, it's usually the wheel the T150/TMX get compared to and for a good reason. And it's NOT "of course" better, it's a big question of how you like your FFB feel.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I agree with the sentiment. "Original" and "City" tracks were amazing during GT1-GT4 era.

However, all Original and City tracks from GT5 and GT6 are plain... plain.

In the same time, SMS created most amazing fictional tracks during past gen for NFS: Shift games, TDU: Ferrari and PCARS.

I thought Cape Ring in GT5 was neat. Ugly looking track but fun.

FrankWza

People can drive cars with their dick taped to wheel. It doesn't mean it is the norm or recommended. Thumbs up or thumbs in are most common. Thumps pointing out is not. And anyone who does happen to drive with a grip that looks like the doofy GT hands, is doing it because of personal preference, not because you need to think of your precious thumbs while white knuckling a car at 150mph. That was my main point. GT hands look bad, as do the animations. You take your hands off the wheel and bring them to your chest during an impending impact no matter how you hold the wheel.

Hahahahaha

Ill take any and every track they want to throw at a GT game. Just bring back test track and SSR7 so all the dipshits go and race there in their zoom zoom cars. The nice thing about an online structure that they are going for in GTS, is you get to force everyone to a track. Hopefully for a week at a time. You will come to appreciate any track when you dedicate enough time to it and have some good races on it.

i have only ever seen this in rallying, and i assume it's purely down to cars typically rolling in collision. something track cars rarely do.

Just google it. I am not wasting my time posting the countless on board videos across every type of race series under the sun where you can see drivers doing this to protect themselves.This is dumber than arguing about tree textures.

IKizzLE

i have only ever seen this in rallying, and i assume it's purely down to cars typically rolling in collision. something track cars rarely do.
It's common race etiquette to take your hand off the wheel and put it to your chest for several obvious reasons during a crash.

Any EU folk in yet? Will be curious to see how the racing and online quality changes up in phase 2. I only had a chance to do one race the entire weekend. Need to get more in during week nights. Up to 10 GR.3 cars now. Still just the one GR.4 It is driving me crazy. I want to lap the Ring in a proper car.

I really hope they roll out some new online systems to test in phase 2. If this entire beta consists of only one active race at a time and a basic TT leader board system....that doesn't bode well.

prag16

Banned
I haven't been following closely.. are they still saying that this isn't the "real" GT7, or is this basically considered this gen's "main" GT game at this point?

Gestault

I haven't been following closely.. are they still saying that this isn't the "real" GT7, or is this basically considered this gen's "main" GT game at this point?

They've said some sort of contradictory things when promoting it. More or less, they're aiming for GT7 quality, but it won't have a traditional career mode, and will focus on online competition.

benzy

New fictional tracks aesthetically already looks boring. And like Amar said, their new track designs have been trash. Need to bring back all of the GT4 goodness in current-gen.

Stillmatic

And I think that you are mistaken. I have CronusMAX and DFGT and Dirt Rally is glorious with steering wheel ;)
Oh cool, I thought it was still in beta. Good to know it works! I think I'll grab one when I get sick of the cable running across the room with the GIMX.

Top Bottom