• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gran Turismo Sport Beta Thread

Judging by the menus on a Pro, I think that we are not getting supersampling when using 1080p display [I have 32" 1080p TV] that I use as a PC and PS4 monitor.
I believe it was indicated earlier in the thread that Pro is running completely at 1080p in the beta, with the high-res mode not in there for anyone, no matter their display.

magawolaz

Damn you got some nice cars, I got a focus, scirocco and merc.
wish I got the AMG, love that car. Got the LEGO version last month

Judging by the menus on a Pro, I think that we are not getting supersampling when using 1080p display [I have 32" 1080p TV] that I use as a PC and PS4 monitor.
I don't think Pro support is in. 4K screens are upscaled from 1080p, Boost mode seems to work...
Unless something changed with 1.04

MGR

It's in flux. Early in phase 1 my Oz account couldn't access the US beta, however in the past 24 hours I could (tho no events were available.) Booting it up now with my Oz account (that wasn't invited) it now blocks me again.

Cannot log in using this Online ID since it is not registered as a participant.

Hope they sort things out soon for all involved.

Cheers. That explains all the mixed messaging I'm seeing in this thread.

DieH@rd

Banned
When the servers open up, will we have the chance to drive any off-line events? Weekday timings [19-22CEST] are not good for me because of work shift schedule.

-hadouken

When the servers open up, will we have the chance to drive any off-line events? Weekday timings [19-22CEST] are not good for me because of work shift schedule.

When the servers are up (and races are over for the day) the only thing you'll have access to is qualifying time trials for the next set of events.

Isn't it tomorrow (15th)?

Dammit Good Friday is throwing me off I keep thinking it's Saturday today so just came back home to fire it up and then came here to kick off because the servers are still down.

Very annoying that can't even do a test oval or something while they are down just to try the cars out.

Since I didn't get an invite to the EU beta, is there any chance someone could provide a code?

Many thanks will be given!

I tried this with a Canadian code that wasn't working for the person it was sent to. I downloaded the beta without problems, but it checks the servers to see if your PSN account has been enabled for the beta. I've tried to play every day for about two weeks, still blocked.

farisr

Man, that lighting and those car models. So good.

I just have attract mode (or whatever its called) running off to the side on my TV, while I'm editing some YT vids.

Morgana probably wouldn't allow me to play this but it's still a bummer not getting shit.
Is it supposed to be a week or will it keep going on?

Ok, I was incorrect in saying the FFB was similar to GT6. Took a chance to fire it back up real quick and the current state of FFB in GTS is really weak and dull. There was much more feel in the road and car in GT6. Looks like I am not the only one, even people with T500's over on GT planet are saying the FFB feels really weak and flat. Hmmm. Def need to sort that out.

I am really bad at tunning cars in GT. I stick to the basics and still some cars are just locked in so tight with fuck all for corner entry turn in or TBO rotation.

Makki

Ok, I was incorrect in saying the FFB was similar to GT6. Took a chance to fire it back up real quick and the current state of FFB in GTS is really weak and dull. There was much more feel in the road and car in GT6. Looks like I am not the only one, even people with T500's over on GT planet are saying the FFB feels really weak and flat. Hmmm. Def need to sort that out.

I am really bad at tunning cars in GT. I stick to the basics and still some cars are just locked in so tight with fuck all for corner entry turn in or TBO rotation.

Maybe on RWD cars, but currently on the Nurb with the race prepped FWD cars you can feel understeer perfectly and the bumps on the road translate accurately through the wheel (you can feel exactly when a wheel hops the ground and is in the air), as ell as rumble strip feedback on the T300 I use.

Maybe on RWD cars, but currently on the Nurb with the race prepped FWD cars you can feel understeer perfectly and the bumps on the road translate accurately through the wheel (you can feel exactly when a wheel hops the ground and is in the air), as ell as rumble strip feedback on the T300 I use.

Across the board it feels like a downgrade from GT6. No matter the drivetrain trype of class of cars. Some of the GR.3 cars feel like I am driving a hover craft they are so lifeless. I think the new Nordschliefe road surface is giving you the impression the FFB is better. The track is just much more bumpy and detailed, but the FFB conveying that feels super basic right now.

Different FFB wheels can make huge differences for some titles.
Assetto Corsa for example feels pretty lame and "last gen", almost like a GT game with my T500 - the motor is just too heavy, too much momentum, too stiff. With the weaker but more modern Thrustmaster TX AC feels brilliant. With my T500 I'd have problems judging if the FFB is truly calculated from self-aligning torque, including caster and SAI geometry.
Wouldn't have that problem in Automobilista, it's a very clear case there with both wheels, the FFB is less filtered and dampened there.

Either way it's hard to defend GTS's FFB if they don't even have the correct degree of rotation, steering ratio and linearity for different cars and instead use the same for all cars. That's like not even trying.

We have a new track for Saturday N300 (NA)! And it's good! Traditional GP with marker boards (thank you sweet Jesus) and a few chicanes to abuse. Sorta a... Spa x Monaco x Mexico City thing going on, is the best way I can describe it.

We have a new track for Saturday N300 (NA)! And it's good! Traditional GP with marker boards (thank you sweet Jesus) and a few chicanes to abuse. Sorta a... Spa x Monaco x Mexico City thing going on, is the best way I can describe it.

Oh shit, it's Dragon Trail! Testing now.

-hadouken

Yes! Dragon Trail Seaside is the name. Enjoying so far.

Dragon Trail feels like a GT1-3 era fantasy track. Like something you could see being an actual race track. It's just a completely different feel compared to tracks like Matterhorn or Cape Ring. It feels like a direct response to those that have been critical of their fantasy tracks over the past few games. The only real knock i've seen against it on GTplanet is that people aren't sure about the size of the rumble strips (they're huge).

Don't be sad, be happy for all the rest of us who got in!

DimTerrificAfghanhound.gif

Mobius 1

If you look closely, you will see Translator-San working the pits on Blue Moon Bay. :)

DragonTrail Seaside is an interesting course. It feels like a mix of Aprcot Hill with Monaco kinda sorta. I'm liking it, it's a proper PD fantasy track.

Do you compete with the 458? I've found it to be too frisky to trust it enough in races.

I absolutely love it as my time trial car, for the GR.3 category, but it's definitely too active in corners for me to trust it in a race. If you give it any gas coming out of a corner it kicks its tail out and makes you fight to keep it under control. Which sucks because I really do like the car. But maybe someone can come up with a setup that gives it a bit more stability.

Ding-Ding

Well got the code and downloaded, so I am good to go.

Got the following cars

Megane RS Trophy 11
Mustang Gr.4
GT-R Nismo GT3 Schulze 13

Top Bottom